"U2 by U2"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr. zooeuss

War Child
I'm sure there've been threads on the book, before, but I haven't seen one...

I got it shortly after it came out... really enjoy it... have read about 50% of the text I'd guesstimate...

What are your favorite parts? What things have you learned about the band that you've enjoyed most?

Some highlights for me...

descriptions of their exploits in LA in the time between R&H and AB

Thoughts on Bomb, the impact of Bono's busy activist schedule and where they're headed in future...

Edge's comments on early success and fame...

Bono's accounts of the damage to his vocal chords and how it woke him up a bit...

haha, i am, or i wouldn't have known the reference. :wink: (at first i thought of OutKast, then I thought, no...)

i get the feeling a lot of people here are younger than me... but who really knows..

does outkast make any reference to 'nasty' in that tune? forgive me if i forget, but i didn't think so..

my immediate reference point would have been the control album too but...welll im very firmly an 80s kid too lol :wink:

gabrielvox said:
does outkast make any reference to 'nasty' in that tune? forgive me if i forget, but i didn't think so..

my immediate reference point would have been the control album too but...welll im very firmly an 80s kid too lol :wink:

don't think they do, that's why i re-thought it...

(what's up, GV, fellow 80s kid)

:rockon:

oops sorry! I loved reading that book, it's featured prominently on my coffee table collection, and the kids esp my son pick it up from time to time

actually, once he read the chapters about the early years and how they got together he begged me for a drum set, and him and his friends have been trying to put a band together. theyve got three guys right now and are heavily into the police, clash, reggae, stuff like that...so on that count alone, the influence of the book is magical :) :)

haha, great story-! i think that reggae-punk sound is due for another wave soon. maybe they can catch it, or start it in your kitchen. :wink:

At Borders this weekend--was in their clearance stuff (the hard back copy) for $7.99. If we had only waited-but no we had to have when it first came out. :( They now have in paperback but it's $24.99

Bono's Doll said:
At Borders this weekend--was in their clearance stuff (the hard back copy) for $7.99. If we had only waited-but no we had to have when it first came out. :( They now have in paperback but it's $24.99
There's a similar deal (hardcover for $9.98) at Barnes & Noble (well, barnesandnoble.com... not sure about stores because I don't have one in my area).

Back
Top Bottom