U2 Book-Into The Heart, any1 have it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lazyboy

War Child
Sis got it for my bday, only started reading it last night, it kicks ass!!

It's by Niall Stokes, and I know some1 who has it, but hers is different to mine, so it has been updated. It's basically a look at every single U2 song, even the b-sides, and what they mean, and the story of making them. The guy did some major reseach, knows the band kinda, and has many many links, so it's a great great read. I picked up a fair few things I didn't know ......

I never knew it was Edge and not Bono on lead vocals in Seconds
eek.gif

Anyway, I'd recommend it, by going throught each song and album it is basically the story of the band, and very well told.

Yep I have both versions! Its a great book to learn the meaning behind well, all their songs! HA!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Nothing changes on new year's day...
On new year's day...
I will be with you again
I will be with you again....

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

i've got the latest version as a gift. i've used it to catalog some of the many assorted U2 songs i've d/l.
love the pictures too!
smile.gif

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
she is the dreamer....she's imagination

i just ordered it the other day off Amazon since I didnt get it for Christmas... should be here any day now!
smile.gif

------------------
Love don't need to find a way
You find your own way
I forget that I can't stay
And so I say that
All roads lead to where you are
All roads lead to where you are

Definitely a great book...I have the one up to Pop, but want the latest edition with ATYCLB as well.

I never knew it was Edge and not Bono on lead vocals in Seconds
eek.gif

Heh...I love springing that tidbit on people, esp. cos I only found out myself about 6 months ago!
wink.gif

Excellent book! I have yet to see the post-Pop version, but either way, it's great for U2 fans.

Look at page 8. The backdrop screen for the concert gives me chills.

So cool I want to go back to 1980.

Also check out the hair on the edge on page 13.

Great book. i have the one that includes Pop, but not the new one. There are sone great insights there, although sometimes it doesn't really explain what a song is about - tells you everything else !!

The book of the Rattle and Hum movie is also very interesting - also great photos - but I'm a R@H junkie

would like to get new Into The Heart with ATYCLB but I have not seen it in Oz

Pamela

TAKE ME.............take me!!!

Yeh, just got it as a gift, thanks bro! I've read it before, but now have the new additions. Helps explain where the songs came from and how they were recorded, plus some interesting remarks from Bono and the band. Wonderful document!

I sat in Border's for an hour and read that book.
biggrin.gif
They had that America: Tribute to Heroes CD playing overhead and I felt so happy reading about the songs and hearing "Walk On"
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

"Bono was embraced as rock's latest mystic leader, a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

"I used to gaze out my classroom window and dream And then go home and listen to Ray sing "I believe to my soul" after school" ~Van Morrison~

I have 3 versions of that book (pre-Pop, Pop, ATYCLB). It's an interesting read.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

thanks Bebe
I almost started to forget what we were supposed to do around here

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I have this book it's great... I have not seen the post-POP version, I will have to find it and flip through it. Is the cover or anything any different? Is the only difference the added portion? I don't know I may have to think about purchasing the recent version, considering I'll just be buying what I already have for the most part lol. Plus there's sure to be more (I hope!)

It definately stimulates your mind and interpretation of the lyrics, a great book to have.

I'm going to go ahead and move this thread to Every Artist Is A Cannibal, Every Poet A Thief (because we need to spread the U2 love to all corners of Interference)
wink.gif

And meanwhile there is a "favourite books" thread, not even U2 books!! in EYKIW
eek.gif

Why move this poor little thread? Why not the million and 1 other non-u2 related things??? BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!@bebe!
tongue.gif

Bully!!
*stops pretending he cares*
wink.gif

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
Is the cover or anything any different?

As far as I can remember, it is. I have the new version, w/c is red-colored & has a pic of Bono & The Edge from Popmart. The old version is white, I think, with a pic of the whole band. I saw it for sale in a secondhand record store in Chicago. I think the oonly other difference is the addition of songs from ATYCLB.

It definately stimulates your mind and interpretation of the lyrics, a great book to have.

Great read, definitely! OTOH, I think that in some songs, the author seemed to only write about the stories on how the songs were written and not their meanings exactly. But I guess that's what the caption below the title was all about (Stories behind every song), anyway.
biggrin.gif

it's a great book!
]
buttercupcursor_08.gif

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*[/b

[This message has been edited by sparkys girl (edited 01-10-2002).]

Originally posted by dizzy:
As far as I can remember, it is. I have the new version, w/c is red-colored & has a pic of Bono & The Edge from Popmart. The old version is white, I think, with a pic of the whole band.

That's correct. There was also another edition that was out before Pop...that cover had a close up of Bono as The Fly and of Edge. I would have to get it out of the basement to be more specific (I haven't read that edition in a long time, as I have the ones with Pop and ATYCLB).

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

Great book!

biggrin.gif

------------------
I've been walking Central Park
Singing after dark
People think I'm crazy

What a coincidence... just half an hour ago I was going through the books in my closet, and I came across my copy of that book. I flipped it open as I remember receiving it as a gift... and there was a little note from my parents. "Happy 17th Birthday!" Hehe...

I got that book in the middle of 1997. I think mine only goes to Zooropa, but not Pop.

Back
Top Bottom