"U2 At the End of the World"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pearlriveru2fan

Babyface
any fan who has not read this book, you simply have too! i forget who wrote it off hand so i apologize. the author seems to be a close friend of the band judging by the wrting style. it's an awesome detailed account of the bands travels and adventures over the course of the zoo tv tour. some of the stories are downright hilarious! make sure you check it out. it gives a great human feel to the band members and their family and friends.

------------------
"i took the money, i spiked your drink. you miss too much these days if you stop to think." -Bono (of course)

"We're an Irish band. WE come from Dublin City, Ireland. Like every city, it has it's good and it has it's Bad. This is a song called Bad." -Bono, right before U2 took over Live Aid

his names bill flanagan and hes known the band since the real early days - but only as a journalist, not as a friend, as he states in the book. he has a new book out called A&R, which i would like to read. i heard him on mark and brian, a morning radio show, and he talked about how he toured with U2, and he (of course) had not a bad word to say about them. hes cool
smile.gif
smile.gif

we should all be so lucky to "not" know the band so well. LOL

------------------
"I hear Bill Clinton was out seeking foreign policy advice from the rock group U2. You may not know this, but they try to call me every night at the white house...when it comes down to it, I'll be meeting with Boris Yeltsin and John Major. Bill Clinton can stick with boy george." -George Bush Sr. (beware, THERE IS A JR.!)

"We're an Irish band. WE come from Dublin City, Ireland. Like every city, it has it's good and it has it's Bad. This is a song called Bad." -Bono, right before U2 took over Live Aid

" At the End of the World" it is indeed a great book. I have 7 books about U2 but this is my favourite although I still haven?t finished yet. I?m facing some problems sometimes because I?m not a native speaker, I?m still improving my English but I can handle it. For a diehard U2 fan the book is a treasure. And also is Into the Heart, by Niall Stokes.

------------------
You can dream so dream out loud

Yes. U2: At the End of the World is by far one of the best books written about U2 as yet. I wish Bill Flanagan would do another, perhaps a history of the band. I know that Nial Stokes did, but I heard that U2 were dissapointed in how it came out and didn't feel it was very accurate, although it is well written and does have some interesting bits about the band. Bill seems to have a talent of bringing together a lot of misellaneous information into an entertaining and well written book, and if I were U2 I would probably commision him to write their history. After I had read U2: At the End of the World, I came across a review of it in an old People magazine and was very dissapointed. David Ellis, who supposedly read the book, said that from reading the book "we learn little about the music and even less about the group..." and "it offers fewer insights than your average fan-club news-letter". Hah! I learned more about the band from this book than any other.

Whoops! That was Eamon Dunphy's book "Unforgettable Fire" I was referring to as the one that U2 commisioned and were dissapointed in, not Nial Stokes' "Into the Heart". Nial Stokes' book is wonderful!

Yea, I read that somewhere. I think VH1 has benefitted from his presence. It really needed a makeover. It's still not all that great but definitely better than MTV.....or maybe I'm just getting old?

Back
Top Bottom