U2 & I is a dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCOSTER

ONE love, blood, life
U2 & I the huge book of photographs by Anton Corbjin? is amazing. I just got it for valentines day! best present for :heart:
day. If anyone does not have this yet, start saving up...its a keeper.:drool:

:yes:

Absolutely. It's amazing to see the band from the early days right up to the present. Obviously they've changed a lot, but in you can still see the same sense of fun and even the early idealism carried right through.

i hope these won't go out of print anytime soon, because i really want a copy too, but i just don't have enough money right now.
i'm so glad you're happy with it, though! yay! that makes me excited.

Is it really worth it?, I have no basically no money at the moment, but my parents said they'd buy it for me as a bday pressie... which is on March 31st, so it's not too long to wait :wink:

Total U2 Nut said:
Is it really worth it?, I have no basically no money at the moment, but my parents said they'd buy it for me as a bday pressie... which is on March 31st, so it's not too long to wait :wink:
how exciting!! you'll love it. i was able to flip through it a few times at hte bookstore, but now it's gone cuz someone bought it =/

I'd say it's definitely worth the money, since it has absolute tons of fantastic pictures which are all printed on brilliant quality paper :up:

It's the Rolls Royce of U2 books - luxurious!! :love:

:grumpy: I'm still waiting for the copy that a friend bought me for CHRISTMAS!!!!! :censored: When I still didn't have the book 6 weeks after the original purchase, Barnes & Nobles tells me problem is that the publisher was having to do another printing of the book & it wasn't expected to be in their warehouses until Feb. 13th. As of today, I.still.don't.have.my.book. :angry: I've been more than patient and now I'm just pissed off about the whole thing. :madwife:

I need to find time to call them tomorrow.... :silent:

Last edited:
BluRmGrl said:
the publisher was having to do another printing of the book &

omg....does this mean the book is already out of print, if they had to reprint it?! eeek!

i hope you get it sooon, blurmgrl!! =/

tuwie said:

omg....does this mean the book is already out of print, if they had to reprint it?! eeek!

i hope you get it sooon, blurmgrl!! =/

Funny - I was just going to look for this thread so I could update it.

I did call B&N back at the end of February. Turns out, the warehouse that supplies to my local store CANCELLED THE ORDER because they were unable to locate a copy to send to me... although the gentlemen I spoke to on the phone told me what his compute showed is that there were at least 3 copies available, albeit in 3 separate warehouses. I called my buddy (who bought the book for me) & he went over to B&N to give them an earful. They were very apologetic, explained a refund check was already on its way to him & offered 25% off anything in the store.

As for me, he came over to the house the same night, we ordered the damn thing from Amazon & I got it 3 days later (last Tuesday - right before my birthday!! :hyper: ). Since then, I've all but taken it to bed with me at night.

Anton's handwriting can be a bit trying at times, but the stories he tells makes the eye strain SO worth it! :drool: :D

Highly reccommended for any fan worth their salt. :yes: :up: :up:

i hope its better than the U2 show...i didnt like that one a whole lot, not enough pics...and the propaganda book was aight, but im thinking all that stuff was more exciting back when it was written...

I don't think U2 show is too great either - far better is U2 live as it's much better for pics! :bow:

thankyou said:
U2 Live, is that the one by Pimm Jal De LA Parra?

Yes, U2 Live: A Concert Documentary was originally by Pimm Jal de la Parra (although the latest edition was completed by Caroline van Oosten den Boer).

susanp6 said:
I don't think U2 show is too great either - far better is U2 live as it's much better for pics! :bow:

I partly disagree. I think that U2 Show is a great book. It has many excellent interviews and gives you a very good picture what efforts are put in a U2 tour.

I was actually quite surprised at the number of spelling mistakes in U2 Show. Don't they have editors?

(Actually when I see lots of those kind of mistakes, I tend to start to wonder about the quality control in general, like the truth) Nice pics though! :wink:

I got U2 Show for my birthday, and I like it a lot :)

How much is the U2 & I book..? Might be buying it soon... If I have enough money, that is ;)

Well when it went on sale in the shops here in Britain, it cost £69.99 :ohmy: but i managed to get it in Waterstone's bookshop when they had 20% off everything&it was £54-ish! :happy:

Many people overseas however seem to have ordered it from some websites&it sounded as if it was maybe half the recommended price! :shocked:

However, i've noticed people say that it went out of print :(

Last edited:
you should try amazon.com, it's always on sale there.
if you live near a borders, sign up for the membership (it's free) and you can get discount coupons for 25% or even 30% off any regular price item.

U2&i is at my local borders. i've made three trips there, like a FEW hours each, just camping out on the comfy chairs they have their and readhing U2&i. ahahah it's soooo nice. i finished it last week. don't have enough money to buy it yet. but they only have one copy at the store, and the cover's all wrinkly and ripped. but the inside is pristine <3

:drool: it's just just a dream for me! I dont have the money to buy it now, coz' i save it for anything else....but one day it will takes place on my bookshelf..I promise :p

I saw the U2 & I book in Dublin, but I didn't have enough money to buy it... :( As I looked in the book, I was all going like, wow... Those photos.... Wow... This book!! OMG!!! It was such a great book... :sad:

I'm gonna buy it one day, really :yes:

I really don't know it had just come out in the winter. It is really just a series of gorgeous pictures. maybe in the future it would be updated but its a great book.

Rochelle D said:
does U2 & I get updated every tour/era?

I don't think it will. It tells the journey of U2 and Anton Corbijn, of those 22 years. And I believe they came full circle in those years. Anton Corbijn isn't the person to update his books. They are what they are.

Popmartijn said:

I don't think it will. It tells the journey of U2 and Anton Corbijn, of those 22 years. And I believe they came full circle in those years. Anton Corbijn isn't the person to update his books. They are what they are.

thanks for your input

i think your right

Back
Top Bottom