U2 A Diary (Matt McGhee)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KEVIN051269

Refugee
Any ideas when this book is due out? It was down on Amazon as a release date of Oct 8th and is now unavailable.
I'm sure i've seen the author post on here. Perhaps he, or anyone else, could shed some light?

Matt's own website says only that the book is "coming soon". I'd keep checking there for more info, or just pre-order it.

^So is it good?....I mean so far

It seems like the type of book that is beyond review. If you want the most complete day-by-day account of U2's history that's available, then I don't see where you could go wrong in purchasing this item.

I got mine yesterday. Only flipped through it and read a couple of things. Looks like a very complex and comprehensiv U2 chronicle, good job. :up:

I started to read it from the beginning yesterday eveneing. I love to read about the very early years, because there are so many things I still don't know. I found it a very good, comprehensive and interesting read, very well researched. The photos aren't great, most of them I've seen before, but the book itself is certainly a very good compendium for U2 fans, it's well structured and detailed.

Matt's book is comprehensive. There are some areas where more could have been done.

My only complaint - black and white photos. Sure it might have been a bit more costly to print the entire book in colour. Nothing wrong with black and white photos that are shot in black and white. Or black and white photos that are developed in an appealing artistic manner like Anton's pictures. But I must say that colour photos printed black and white isn't as visually appealing as the book could have been.

Others might not agree. That's okay. And I am not slamming Matt's book or passing horrible judgment. In the end, the publisher may have made the 'black and white' decision. Just saying a good book could have been that much better, in my view.

I was really, really surprised to see a copy of this at my local Dymock's, so I couldn't resist having a peek. It looks like a really good book, probably as essential as U2 Live if you're into that sort of thing. I would have liked to have seen the years up to 1990 extended greatly and all subsequent years reduced to two page spreads, but you can't win them all. I suspect that there will be future editions that bulk it up a bit more, and maybe they'll add a colour photo or two one day, but I don't think it needs that.

Mine still hasn't come in yet:mad: I thought that I was supposed to get it last Friday....but it turned out that I was supposed to get it around Wednesday (yesterday). If I don't get it by Tuesday I don't know what is going to happen, cause I go home for Thanksgiving Break on Tuesday. It's just very frustrating....this is why I don't order stuff on line or from Amazon all that much.

Finally got it!!!:hyper: It's kind of funny, cause I went to Borders yesterday and found it on the book shelves on the music section. I picked it up and looked though it.......it only made me want the book even more. Anyway, the book is great and I intend to read it throughout my Thanksgiving Break.

I like this book a lot. There is a lot of things that I didn't know and now do after reading.

I love it too. Matt did a great job. I know that is no easy feat.

It must have taken a lot of time and dedication to put out a book like that.

finally got around to ordering this and it arrived today, wasn't expecting it to be so big lol.

only complaint: noticed a few factual errors as soon as I started reading, which will probably be fixed in future printings.

Back
Top Bottom