Time for a new thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holland lost to England (surprise, surprise)

rumour has it that England wants to play Holland for the Ashes from now on

Allen Donald quit international cricket :(
ah well,
at least we still have the pictures!

we've now had 2 close calls on the same pitch.

if we play there again (i dont know the name ;) )

lets hope its not 3rd time unlucky...

hey this is my 200th post ;)

i'd like to thank myslef, for posting lol

I'm not worried, yes they've been in trouble, but they've recovered. The top order won't fail three games in a row on the one ground...at least I don't think they will.

though internatioal cricket could become very predictable this way
my guess is that Australia is just that good

118192.jpg

King of the Wanderers
!

Waugh leads Aussie onslaught
AAP - 6 April 2003

Captain Steve Waugh and opening batsman Matthew Hayden posted centuries as Australia made a blistering start to its Caribbean tour in Georgetown.

Waugh (106 not out) and Hayden (102) led a run onslaught against the Guyana Board President's XI as Australia reached 3-377 in its first innings at stumps on the first day of the three-day match.

Justin Langer (60), Martin Love (56) and Darren Lehmann (44 not out) also contributed as Australia began warming up for Thursday's first Test against the West Indies at the nearby Bourda field.

It was Australia's first appearance in a first-class match in three months after a glut of one-day cricket which led to the World Cup victory in Johannesburg two weeks ago.

Waugh, Langer and Love had been playing regular first-class matches after missing World Cup selection but Hayden was readjusting to the long game.

He played an almost flawless knock on a slowish wicket, reaching his century from 120 deliveries combining with the aggressive Langer for a century stand within 19 overs.

Waugh took more time but his innings was just as impressive, justifying the 37-year-old's decision to continue his Test career in the Caribbean.

He reached his century - his fifth in all forms of cricket this year - from 145 deliveries, hitting 13 fours and a six onto a neighbouring tennis court with his trademark slog sweep.

Love, who will bat at No.4 in the Test series, made strong progress in his first innings in the Caribbean.

The Queenslander batted at No.3, with Ricky Ponting and Brett Lee rested from the match at the Everest ground.

The Australians will expect better bowling from the Windies attack because the President's XI attack battled at times, with former Test quick Marlon Black among those who struggled for effect.

But the Australians offered very few chances and a strong LBW shout early in Lehmann's innings was about the only shaky early moment for the tourists.

The slow wicket was tempered by a fast outfield, making scoring easier than the Australians may have otherwise expected.

A relatively large crowd filled the timber stands at Everest, which is situated on the Guyana shoreline and only a short drive from Thursday's Test venue.

? 2003 AAP

Back
Top Bottom