Time for a new thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
brettig said:
I recommended this very game to you ages ago you crazy dutchy!!! :rant:
ah yes you did !!!!
don't yell at the elderly

well, now I should buy it

congrats to Australia on a very fine win

they did play well, they were stuggeling there for a while!

brettig i have 3 diffrent versions of cicket captain

- Australian Cricket Captain
- International Cricet Captain 2
- Ashe tour edition 2001

they are bringing out more too

i think bono_man2002 has tried to take my place in this thread!!!!!

dont matter, i have nothing to say other than that warney is looking rather trim and cute these days....in that blokey ocker yobbosih kinda way lol

carry on boys

wow
I'm away from my computer a few days

and I miss all of this

can't wait for the ashes to begin :mac:

nooooooooooo bono_man, i was just teasin
betty loves to talk cricket so talk talk talk
yes salomey, im looking forward and i think i will make a big effort to get to the cricket this summer.

ok i will stay!!!

the vics kinda made a little recovery hey!, but S.A are doing well too.

hey what do you people watch the pura cup games on??
i used to have austart and C7 Sport was cut off the network?

is it still on foxtel or what ever you guys have?

Steve Waugh's century won't save Mark though.

He should be gone. Like he should have about 10 years ago when they axed Dean Jones instead for the Brisbane test
:mad:
I will never forgive the selectors for that

i am torn on that one zoomer
deano was my fave player until junior came along
deano deano deano deano

zoomerang II said:
Steve Waugh's century won't save Mark though.

He should be gone. Like he should have about 10 years ago when they axed Dean Jones instead for the Brisbane test
:mad:
I will never forgive the selectors for that

As much as that was controversial, I think the selectors were ultimately vindicated by Mark Waugh's performances that summer and throughout most of the rest of his career. Then selector John Benaud put together a very good argument in his book Matters Of Choice, showing that Dean Jones hadn't really had a hand in winning matches for Australia in several years before his axing, and had a habit of topping up his average with big hundreds in dead test matches after the series had been decided.

You also forget that Damien Martyn and Steve Waugh were also selected in that side ahead of Deano, Martyn was too young and S Waugh was in the middle of completely reshuffling his technique so you can get pissed about that if you like. :D

As of now Mark Waugh should go, and selectors can take their pick from Katich, Clarke, Lehmann or even Michael Slater believe it or not.

Mark Waugh axed
October 28, 2002

MARK WAUGH's Test career may be over after he was dumped today from the Australian squad for the First Ashes Test with England at the 'Gabba next week.

Waugh's place goes to South Australia's Darren Lehmann.

"I am obviously sad for Mark who has been such a great player for Australia for so many years but at the same time I am delighted and very grateful to get another chance at Test level," said Lehmann

Lehmann beat the likes of Queenslander Jimmy Maher, NSW captain Simon Katich and young Blues batsman Michael Clarke to extend a Test career which has yielded 228 runs at an average of 28.50.

He underlined his potential with a highest score of 98 against Pakistan in Rawalpindi in 1998-99.

Waugh was dropped from the Australian one-day team earlier this year and the veteran now appears likely to have played his last match for his country.

His 128 Tests sits fifth on the all-time list of appearances, behind Allan Border (156), twin Stephen Waugh (151), West Indian Courtney Walsh (132) and former Indian great Kapil Dev (131).

He is 11th on the all-time scoring list, recording 8029 runs at an average of 41.82.

But Waugh has struggled for form in recent seasons, averaging 35 or less in his last four series.

He was left out after scoring just 80 runs in four appearances during Australia's 3-0 whitewash of Pakistan earlier this month.

Selectors must weigh up their fast bowling options after including Gillespie, who is expected to play for South Australia in a one-day match against NSW this Saturday.

If Gillespie comes through unscathed, fellow quicks Brett Lee and Andrew Bichel are expected to fight for the final bowling spot.

The squad:
Stephen Waugh (capt), Matthew Hayden, Justin Langer, Ricky Ponting, Darren Lehmann, Damien Martyn, Adam Gilchrist, Shane Warne, Jason Gillespie, Brett Lee, Andrew Bichel, Glenn McGrath.

AAP

A good innings: Mark Waugh retires
October 28 2002

Mark Waugh today announced his retirement from international cricket after being axed from the Australia squad for next week's first Ashes Test.

The 37-year-old, who contributed just 80 runs during Australia's 3-0 series win over Pakistan, has been replaced by South Australian batsman Darren Lehmann for opening clash with England at the Gabba from November 7.

Waugh said he was calling time on his 128 Test career because he felt he has little chance of winning back his place, given Australia's wealth of batting talent.

"I'd like to take this opportunity to announce my retirement from international cricket having been left out of the current Test team and one-day team earlier this year," Waugh said.

"I feel my chances of playing for Australia at 37 have led me to this decision.

advertisement

advertisement

"While I'm disappointed not to play for Australia again I've been very lucky to have played for so long in a great era of Australian cricket.

"At this stage I will continue to play first class cricket."

Waugh said he's been informed of his omission by chief selector Trevor Hohns on Saturday morning but stressed that he bore no grudges.

"I was a bit emotional, I've had a great career so why worry? It's got to come to an end and there are a lot of people worse off than me," he said.

"I'd like to be remembered as someone who gave 100 per cent to Australia."

- AAP

it was his time I guess
and I really hope Lehmann will do great

it's sad though that in any other country he would still have a few years ahead of him
maybe he should get the dutch nationality

Go those dutchies!!!

Who is gonna go the best this year out of the newbies?? We are bound to have at least one upset - who could ever forget Kenya beating the West Indies in Albury???

My tip is an India - Sri Lanka final. Dunno why...

And whatever happened to Scotland?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom