Time for a new thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder if I could buy a satelite disk that could get me some Aussie tv channels

and I wonder if I would watch anything but cricket :p

talking of Indian women's hockey team

back in the 1980's this is what Indian Women's Hockey team looked like...

Jasminder Kaur (pronounced Corr)
Gurwinder Kaur
Raminder Kaur
Parminder Kaur
Preity Kaur
Balweer Kaur
Jasbir Kaur
Andrea Corr
Sharon Corr
Jim Corr
Daddy's Crashed Carr
:der:

Matt Hayden is a destroyer

I feel privileged to have witnessed that classic massacre of bowling.Usually after long nights in UNI I go across the shtreet to the tabs for coffee.Didnt knew the game was on, but what a night that was, some excellent display of strokemaking.Its a shame that Australian National Teams game dont get televised on National TV.First it was Gilly now Hayden...but sadly this means no more Mark Waugh.

lol ishkash
im visualising andrea corr coming into bowl in her stilettos now. maybe tony will use her instead of his hotel keys.

'yes the surface is lovely and supple, but im sure the bowlers will be able to get her to sing if they hit the right spot...'

too bad the World Cup is still a few months away
the Australia one day team's display is very impressive

Glenn's the kind of bowler you can set your watch to.

England have made some gambles with their Ashes touring squad, reminds me a bit of their team in 1994-95 actually...

we come from a land down under
where windies batsmen fall assunder!!!!

MUWUAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :D

I'm just posting to make sure that brettig's last post doesn't kill this thread :tongue:

"Camilla Parker Bowls" :tsk:
;)

Outclassed Dutch 'learn lot'
From correspondnents in Colombo
September 17, 2002

NETHERLANDS skipper Roland Lefebvre has said his team have learned a lot despite suffering a big defeat against Sri Lanka in the Champions Trophy one-day tournament.

"There were plenty of positives in the defeat," said Lefebvre after his team's 206-run rout in a day-night match at the Premadasa Stadium.

Sri Lanka scored 6-292 before dismissing the tourists for 86.

"To restrict Sri Lanka to 292 was a grand effort by our bowlers," said Lefebvre. "The wicket was flat and they could have easily run away from us, but our bowlers stuck to their task.

"We dropped a few catches. If we had luck going our way we could have restricted them to less."

Lefebvre said the lack of international exposure was the main reason for his team's defeat in the 12-nation tournament.

The Netherlands were playing only their sixth one-day international, their last big match being in the 1996 World Cup.

They had qualified for this event after winning the ICC Trophy in Canada last year in a tournament played among associate members of the sport's world governing body.

The current team has only four players with experience of one-day internationals.

"You've to play this type of cricket over and over again to get used to playing good teams. We're not even used to playing under lights," said Lefebvre.

"I'm sure it took Sri Lanka a while to start winning when they first came into international cricket. Bangladesh are struggling a bit now. If we get opportunities to play in strong tournaments we'll grow slowly."

The Netherlands captain said they were not aiming for Test status, but for playing more one-day cricket at international level.

"Our goal is to play more one-day internationals, something we can achieve with continued support from the ICC," he said.

"I think Test status is a little bit far-fetched. For that, cricket has to become a part of our culture. You need a lot of wickets, grounds and resources."

Sri Lankan captain Sanath Jayasuriya immediately set his sights on the semi-final against Australia after his team's second successive win in a three-team group.

Australia virtually qualified for the penultimate round with a 164-run victory over New Zealand on Sunday. They will meet minnows Bangladesh in their second and last league game on Thursday.

Only one side will make it to the semi-final from the three-team group.

"We expect a tough game against the Australians," said Jayasuriya. "That's something we always do. We've a few days and will think about the game, work out our plans and pick our best team."

this one is huge now
and the mods still havent realised its not in the sporting forum
arent we clever chappies hiding it frm the mods, salomey?
oh... :wave:

mmm yes its an epic now, an epic.

Should Australia make the ICC Champions Trophy final they'll have all of two days in betwwen that game and the start of the Test series with Pakistan in Sharjah. I don't think I've ever known a more ridiculous bit of scheduling. When/where the hell are they going to practice? In the aisles on their plane? :scratch:

the better team on the day probably did win
so hooray for that

apparently Graham Thorpe is out of The Ashes
so maybe if I take on the english nationality I might have a good chance to play there myself :hmm:

Heartening to see India finally winning matches without Tendulkar, but wait a minute we have Tendulkar's clone called Virendar Sehwag.

On a personal note, My dad played zonal cricket with Mohmmad Kaif's dad, Mohammad Sadiq (dont know the correct name). I went to the same summer camp as Kaif, but obviously I am only good at watching cricket.;)

Last edited:
hey i know that this is a bit of a cricket thingy , but collingwood beat the crows :eeklaugh: and then we were beaten by brisbane:eeklaugh: :sad:
in the grand final!!
----

australia are doing well against pakistan, gilly made a few runs.

i've been a little out of cricket lately with the AFL and everthing, the ashes are in australia this year arent they?

if they are that would men Sri Lanka and England are in the one day series??
theres also a great cricket game out called international cricket captian, anyone played that??

well you manage a cricket team (nation or county team)
its not bad

I am looking for a good cricket game they I can order through the internet (since dutch shops SUCK in the cricket department)

thanks,
I will have to check with the human search engine whether this game is really worth the money though :eeklaugh:

I recommended this very game to you ages ago you crazy dutchy!!! :rant:

Yeah ive played it quite a bit bonoman. Brilliant, its an excellent excellent game, the best management game ive seen...which edition have you got? I have the 2001 Ashes version.

mmm who will win today I wonder. If Pakistan win the Waughs might be :censored: , well, dropped.

Back
Top Bottom