Shadows And Tall Trees

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VicksSs

Refugee
:( looks like no one posts in this forum any longer :(

I was the other day in my school's library waiting for a friend when I opened Golding's "Lord Of The Flies". Looking, I found a chapter that is called "Shadows And Tall Trees" :ohmy: Anyone knows if this has something to do with the song? I also read once The Fly was partly inspired by that book, is it possible?? :hmm:

yes - bono has said that "shadows and tall trees" was taken from the lord of the flies. his teenage gang of friends were interested in the idea that they could exist in a world of their own apart from the one created by the adults.

bono quote from the book into the heart:

"I remember thinking about that comparison between Lord of the Flies and where we were in Cedarwood, between Ballymun and Finglass. It was a quiet little street in one sense, but my memory of it, growing up, is of being stuck between cowboys and Indians, rumbles between the top of the street and the bottom end of the street....I remember thinking the shadows and tall trees are different here, but it's the same story isn't it? It's all about war. We're all stuck on this island of suburbia and we're torturing each other."

Last edited:
Oh right! Interesting indeed!! :yes: Thanks for the info caragriff!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom