Paulo Coelho

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonriver

The Fly
What do you think of Brazilian author Paulo Coelho? I read 'The Alchemist' and 'Warriors of light', and I'm planning to read his other books as well. I thought of this topic because I saw a tv-interview with him yesterday. I think he's an amazing man and I can relate to a lot of his spiritual believes. In the interview he was telling that he used to write Brazilian rock'n roll early seventies and was printing an underground newspaper. He was imprissoned because of these activities by the military regime in Brazil. But he survived and start writing this beautiful books.

I've read a few of his books but I think that the best ones are "The Alchemist", "Veronica decides to die" and "On Piedra river I was sitting and..." (not sure about the translation for the this one). I have to say that the last one sucked big time, it's called "The devil and Miss Prym", I didn't like it at all. I've also read "Confession of a pilgrim" which is sort of his biography, and I've heard that "Pilgrimage", also written by him is really good. Haven't read it yet!

Last edited:
Hey!! I'm brazilian.. and in school they actually give us his books to read... I think it's boring lol.. but It's nice.. but boring.. er.. hehe.. he works in a tv station in my town.. but it's nice to see that other ppl know his job.. i was quite surprised when I saw your thread :) Do yo like other brazilian's authors?

Back
Top Bottom