MERGED ----> Book Signing - NYC + Tuesday, NYC + NYC booksigning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2log.com has received many queries from fans, asking if a book signing is planned in the United States. Although we haven’t been able to confirm any additional book signings, we have learned that the band has scheduled appearances on American television on the following dates:

Tuesday, September 26: NBC Today Show, NBC Dateline, Extra
Wednesday, September 27: CBS Early Show
Thursday, September 28: CNN American Morning

Update: U2.com has just sent out an email to U.S. fanclub members, informing of a book signing in New York on Tuesday, September 26. If you are a U2.com member, check your email for instructions on how to attend the book signing.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
U2log.com has received many queries from fans, asking if a book signing is planned in the United States. Although we haven’t been able to confirm any additional book signings, we have learned that the band has scheduled appearances on American television on the following dates:

Tuesday, September 26: NBC Today Show, NBC Dateline, Extra
Wednesday, September 27: CBS Early Show
Thursday, September 28: CNN American Morning

Update: U2.com has just sent out an email to U.S. fanclub members, informing of a book signing in New York on Tuesday, September 26. If you are a U2.com member, check your email for instructions on how to attend the book signing.

Plllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeese Headache my love, tell me!!!!! I am not a member of the fanclub. I would love to go to the city on Tuesday, will it be at a Barnes & Noble. I used to work in the corporate offices there.:kiss:

You know there's only a few things that U2 can do to really piss you off, and it's this.

I'm sitting here in Dallas, Texas with a three month old in the next room and I get this email to tell me to enter and try to win one of 150 spots to meet the greatest band of all time in New York City on Tuesday. But you won't find out until Monday. And then you think..."Well, this makes for a shitty day."

I know I can't possibly be there. And they should too!!!

Hmmm...let's see here....let me check my calendar to see if I'll be in NYC next week. HELL NO!!!

I truly hate this east coast/west coast shit. If they are going to do a book signing, they should do it right. This half assed tour signing bit is for the birds.

I know, I know...you're saying..."Well, Bono came to Dallas for a speach." True that, but the people who put it on, it took them 2 years to get Bono out here. And then when he came I never got to meet him. I only got a few camera shots. The crowd was screaming and pushing. And being 7 months pregnant I had to jump back before I really got hurt. So let's just say it wasn't a "good" time for me.

So, basically it's just another stab in the back. If I could give my winning ticket away to a deserving fan I would. But there's no way of doing that. I just wish they would give us people more time than 12 hours to get there. That's all.

OK...I think I'm done venting... :sigh:

As you were.......

I agree. :hug: I mean I guess they send it to everyone to make it fair, but I know exactly where you're coming from. I am lucky enough to have family right near NYC and parents who would let me fly there if I win, but I totally understand what you mean. First of all, there should be more advanced notice. And secondly, they should announce all of the places they will be signing in!! Like, if I win this and fly to NYC and then they announce one in Miami, I will be mighty pissed! :lol:

Allegra said:
You know there's only a few things that U2 can do to really piss you off, and it's this.

I'm sitting here in Dallas, Texas with a three month old in the next room and I get this email to tell me to enter and try to win one of 150 spots to meet the greatest band of all time in New York City on Tuesday. But you won't find out until Monday. And then you think..."Well, this makes for a shitty day."

I know I can't possibly be there. And they should too!!!

Hmmm...let's see here....let me check my calendar to see if I'll be in NYC next week. HELL NO!!!

I truly hate this east coast/west coast shit. If they are going to do a book signing, they should do it right. This half assed tour signing bit is for the birds.

I know, I know...you're saying..."Well, Bono came to Dallas for a speach." True that, but the people who put it on, it took them 2 years to get Bono out here. And then when he came I never got to meet him. I only got a few camera shots. The crowd was screaming and pushing. And being 7 months pregnant I had to jump back before I really got hurt. So let's just say it wasn't a "good" time for me.

So, basically it's just another stab in the back. If I could give my winning ticket away to a deserving fan I would. But there's no way of doing that. I just wish they would give us people more time than 12 hours to get there. That's all.

OK...I think I'm done venting... :sigh:

As you were.......

Glad you were able to vent here.....but if it makes you feel any better I have been waiting to meet them especially Bono for 26 years.

I have feelers out to people that I used to work with at Barnes & Noble, I worked in the corporate office. I am figuring thats were a book signing would be and the store with the most inventory of books would be the store they would be at. :shrug:

Thanks y'all.

I feel the love and pain of other U2 fans.

It's when you bust your ass trying to meet one of them and you get just three feet away and you walk home with nothing, I think that's the hardest part. And that happened to me more than once. Maybe I should just give up.

But yes, not meeting them at all is difficult too! :hug:

JCOSTER said:

Glad you were able to vent here.....but if it makes you feel any better I have been waiting to meet them especially Bono for 26 years.

I have feelers out to people that I used to work with at Barnes & Noble, I worked in the corporate office. I am figuring thats were a book signing would be and the store with the most inventory of books would be the store they would be at. :shrug:

Hey -

If you hear something about that let me know. I'm trying to cover this event for Interference and our members, and no one in any official standing with the book or the band's camp is being very helpful. Shoot me an email. :)

:shrug: i really don't think it's east coast/west coast bias... it's simply reality.

they really don't have to do a book signing at all... and they're certainly not going to do a nation/world wide book signing tour, stopping at the local barnes & nobles in shaboigan.

they're doing london, dublin and new york. :shrug: london is where they already are, dublin is where they're from, and new york is the biggest city in america. :shrug:

what do ya want from 'em? a stop in every american city to sign a book? sure... and then the people in europe will complain, and then the people in south america will complain, and yadda yadda blah blah friggin blah.

ya can't please everyone

Good lord, are people really expecting that U2 must cater to every fan's needs and show up in Podunk, Kansas because a few fans live there? I'm shocked that people would be willing to spend a few hundred bucks on a plane ticket to be one of several hundred people who get 6 seconds to hand a book to Bono, watch him sign it, stare blankly at him and say, "Uhhhhhhhhhh bluhhhhhh duhhhhh, Big Fan!"

It's not like U2 or u2.com really expect every u2.com member to try and enter the contest and make it to NYC. And no one's life is going to end if they don't go. :shrug:

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
they really don't have to do a book signing at all... and they're certainly not going to do a nation/world wide book signing tour, stopping at the local barnes & nobles in shaboigan.

That's Sheboygan ... said the Wisconsin native.

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom