MERGED ----> Book Signing - NYC + Tuesday, NYC + NYC booksigning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They only gave 100 people bracelets at 9 a.m. in NYC this morning. And they did not adhere to the list/number system that the fans were running. Several line cutters moved ahead. The other fans (several hundred) were told by security to disperse and that NO MORE bracelets would be given out.

I was #100 in line. I got there at 10:30 p.m. last night and did not get in.

The cops & security were abysmal. It got ugly - bickering & arguing among people on line near the end. Not a good scene.

Sicy said:
Headache in a Suitcase is in... just got an email from his phone.

'they let in only 100 on top of the u2.com winners... lots of autograph scalpers got in, many real fans who waited all night were shut out. i got here at 730 last night and barely got in. u2 expected between noon and one'

He's been there since yesterday and barely got in?! :crazy: Good thing I didn't try although I am at work 8 blocks from Bonos apartment :happy::shifty:

caragriff said:
They only gave 100 people bracelets at 9 a.m. in NYC this morning. And they did not adhere to the list/number system that the fans were running. Several line cutters moved ahead. The other fans (several hundred) were told by security to disperse and that NO MORE bracelets would be given out.

Cara you're back? That sucks! No system as usual :mad:

caragriff said:

I was #100 in line. I got there at 10:30 p.m. last night and did not get in.

The cops & security were abysmal. It got ugly - bickering & arguing among people on line near the end. Not a good scene.

I am so sorry for you!! I've had that happen to me b4. I feel your pain!!

one4u2 said:

Cara you're back? That sucks! No system as usual :mad:

I work right near there, so i just came into work after getting rejected on the bracelets. I am going to swing back by there at around noon.

I thought # 100 would get me in, but alas, it did not. And B&N staff were very strictly telling us to get lost and "no more bracelets."

When it all went awry, a police officer actually yelled at me "Bono makes the rules, not me!"

I cannot even begin to explain how mad that comment made me.

Oh well, c'est la vie.......

That sucks.... but I'm glad I didn't go over b/c I knew it would just be a waste and be disappointing... I've even debating if I go down at 12:30 to see them arrive... sounds like a zoo?

caragriff said:

I work right near there, so i just came into work after getting rejected on the bracelets. I am going to swing back by there at around noon.

I thought # 100 would get me in, but alas, it did not. And B&N staff were very strictly telling us to get lost and "no more bracelets."

When it all went awry, a police officer actually yelled at me "Bono makes the rules, not me!"

I cannot even begin to explain how mad that comment made me.

Oh well, c'est la vie.......

I would've been fuming at the whole situation! Usually I goto all the NYC events but from what I'm hearing it sounds hopeless and I would've been pissed. NYU was nothing like this!

From @U2:

Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Update from the NYC booksigning
Reports from the NYC Booksigning provided by @U2's resident photographer, Phil (via cellphone)

10:40 a.m.: The scene outside the Barnes and Noble's in Union Square is a peaceful one as everyone who needed to go inside has since gone inside. In all, there are 250 wristbands that have been given out: 150 to U2.com members, and 100 to the first ones who queued up overnight. If you were number 101, sorry - you didn't get in. As a result, there's only 5 people (give or take) waiting outside with the hopes of seeing the band as they arrive - or perhaps being allowed in at the last minute should some of the U2.com winners not show up. Seems odd - the crowd was far bigger, but unlike in other cities, when the Barnes & Nobles people said "sorry - no more bands," people just left - what's up with that? Perhaps they'll come back after getting some food or sitting on a soft seat (that pavement is quite hard). I dunno - seemed odd.

People were given bracelets and green cards with numbers on them to indicate where in line you'd be. The signing is taking place on the 4th floor of the bookstore, and customers are allowed inside the bookstore, but not allowed to the 4th floor.

Security can be found throughout the building, as well as outside the building. There are signs on the doors of the bookstore stating that all bags, cameras and cellphones must be handed to a Barnes & Noble staff member prior to entering the area. Photos are allowed to be taken from the floor, but cameras and cellphones must be handed to a Barnes & Noble staff member prior to going on the stage when you get the book signed. The authors will not be available to pose for photographs.

Also seen on the streets of New York City: people walking around in U2 by U2 promotional tshirts.

More info as it comes along....

Galeongirl said:
:laugh: Adam is being stalked by the BBG!!!! I wonder how he's gonna react!

This is too funny. I don't even know the BBG and I'm excited for them. Hang on Adam.:lmao: :lmao: What are they planning to do to Adam, Flavia?

posted in another thread:

From @U2:

Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Update from the NYC booksigning
Reports from the NYC Booksigning provided by @U2's resident photographer, Phil (via cellphone)

10:40 a.m.: The scene outside the Barnes and Noble's in Union Square is a peaceful one as everyone who needed to go inside has since gone inside. In all, there are 250 wristbands that have been given out: 150 to U2.com members, and 100 to the first ones who queued up overnight. If you were number 101, sorry - you didn't get in. As a result, there's only 5 people (give or take) waiting outside with the hopes of seeing the band as they arrive - or perhaps being allowed in at the last minute should some of the U2.com winners not show up. Seems odd - the crowd was far bigger, but unlike in other cities, when the Barnes & Nobles people said "sorry - no more bands," people just left - what's up with that? Perhaps they'll come back after getting some food or sitting on a soft seat (that pavement is quite hard). I dunno - seemed odd.

People were given bracelets and green cards with numbers on them to indicate where in line you'd be. The signing is taking place on the 4th floor of the bookstore, and customers are allowed inside the bookstore, but not allowed to the 4th floor.

Security can be found throughout the building, as well as outside the building. There are signs on the doors of the bookstore stating that all bags, cameras and cellphones must be handed to a Barnes & Noble staff member prior to entering the area. Photos are allowed to be taken from the floor, but cameras and cellphones must be handed to a Barnes & Noble staff member prior to going on the stage when you get the book signed. The authors will not be available to pose for photographs.

Also seen on the streets of New York City: people walking around in U2 by U2 promotional tshirts.

More info as it comes along....

U2FloridaFan said:

This is too funny. I don't even know the BBG and I'm excited for them. Hang on Adam.:lmao: :lmao: What are they planning to do to Adam, Flavia?

I have no clue! But I bet we are gonna be laughing our heads off when we find out! :laugh:

2:05: Band is in building, not able to be seen. Apparently, they are doing special meet/greets and interviews for national media in an adjacent room. From hearing chatter in line, it appears that there's at least a dozen or so people who will be putting their signed books on eBay. Chatter among others in line is along the lines of disappointment that people would blatantly do that. What are you gonna do - it stinks it's happening, but can't stop it.

:angry:

Bono's Betty said:
keep us posted one4u2. :hyper:

autograph hounds :madwife:

I'm not there it's the @U2 Blog! Glad I didn't go, but I may stop over after work, I have a feeling they'll be there after 5 :happy:

I'm really glad that Headache got in.

I'm really sad that Caragriff didn't get in.

I have a freelance job at which I work with a guy who sells autographed books for extra money. People use these books as a major source of income. That really, truly bites that people who see U2 as a source of money get in, but the fans who love and support them do not.

I'm glad I'm not in the city today, the disappointment would have been hard to handle.

I hope the fans who got in are having a great time!

Sicy said:
Headache in a Suitcase is in... just got an email from his phone.

'they let in only 100 on top of the u2.com winners... lots of autograph scalpers got in, many real fans who waited all night were shut out. i got here at 730 last night and barely got in. u2 expected between noon and one'

:hyper:

Thats just crazy to me that people waited since yesterday until about 1 hour ago when they showed up! I didn't even wait that long for Brooklyn Bridge and I was 1st row:sick:

one4u2 said:

I'm not there it's the @U2 Blog! Glad I didn't go, but I may stop over after work, I have a feeling they'll be there after 5 :happy:

oh I knew you werent there. :) I don't usually don't go to other sites much so I thought if you heard anything.

You should try after work, ya never know what could happen.

Bono's Betty said:

oh I knew you werent there. :) I don't usually don't go to other sites much so I thought if you heard anything.

You should try after work, ya never know what could happen.

;)

r1921255983.jpg

I just got back to my office... and after waiting aimlessly by the back door, I swung around the front.
And I had my one on one with Larry... amazing...
He signed my U2 by U2 book – while everyone was clamoring around the door, I slipped into the street and wound up on the drivers side of the car where he was slipping in… I tapped on the window and held the book. He said & gestured to “come around” the security guard let me around the passenger side and took the book, I stood at the door talking to Larry… I think I had to be shouting at him b/c I was so overwhelmed – I was telling him about the Vegas incident and the drumstick and we exchanged some “what’s?” because to of the noise and he was laughing. He said ‘sorry’ when I said I should have thought the bring the stick… amazing...

and in case anyone happened to snap that photo of me at the car... happy to have a copy

Back
Top Bottom