MERGED ----> Book Signing - NYC + Tuesday, NYC + NYC booksigning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tbird said:
hmm... wonder if its worth asking what the policy/procedure is for lining up ??

The woman I spoke to just said that she suspects the line will form pretty early. I didn't ask and she didn't offer any other information about line procedures. I live 6 hours away (drive) or 45 min. flight and I'm tempted but I really doubt I would get there early enough to be even one of the extra 100. I doubt I could get to NYC before 9pm tonight.

Yeah, I called B&N to see what was up and the guy said that a ton of people have been calling and he thinks people are going to be there overnight. :crazy: Looks like I'm not flying up then. :wink:

saw this at the zoo..

just got off the phone with barnes and noble. They said there is all ready a good amount of people waiting in line. So if you were like me and going to go in the morning, dont bother. there will probably be more than enough people in line all ready.

I was highly considering going anyways but this just kinda confirms that traveling from Maryland all the way up there on a whim is nuts.. Needless to say its killing me! I am severely bummed. :sad: x infinity!

In line already?! thats insane. I was gonna stop by tomorrow morning, guess that wil be a total waste. Will they be locking up the whole store or just the room were they will be signing? All author signings usually happen on the 3rd floor but considering it is u2 they might shut down the whole store.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
saw this at the zoo..

just got off the phone with barnes and noble. They said there is all ready a good amount of people waiting in line. So if you were like me and going to go in the morning, dont bother. there will probably be more than enough people in line all ready.

I was highly considering going anyways but this just kinda confirms that traveling from Maryland all the way up there on a whim is nuts.. Needless to say its killing me! I am severely bummed. :sad: x infinity!

Bad devil on Amy's shoulder! BAD!!!

Just confirmed our logic!

Has anyone heard any news of a Today show appearance tomorrow???

I know someone mentioned that earlier but I just wanted to know if anyone could confirm that. If so, I might go there instead.

I hope they do additional signings, so we could get another chance for wristbands.

Posted on U2.com:

U2 in NYC, Tuesday

The band will be signing books at Barnes and Noble's Union Square store tomorrow - and a limited number of wristbands are available. Here's the deal.

A limited number of wristbands will be available at Barnes and Noble's Union Square store (33 E. 17th St. betw. Bway and Park Ave So.) beginning at 8 AM tomorrow morning, Tuesday.

Wristbands are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Customers with wristbands must have a US edition of U2 BY U2 in order to join the booksigning line, and no other items will be signed.

Please call the store at 212-253-0810 for additional information

I didn't get selected. Has anyone who did receive the second email from U2.com yet? What are the instructions?

I don't seem to be able to refresh in a typicasl manner on this [not mine/not at home] 'puter:eyebrow:

so i'm posting to get latest and to say....i only am 5 express stops away.......from Union sq.
I can swing by maybe around tonight 11PM - Midnite or so, and let people know about the line length....

I'm not getting the book {at least for a few months...want zooTVDVD first have limited money} but i'll be outsdie with cameras! :hyper:

Now has ANYONE FOUND about the Today show yet????
:crazy::laugh: might stay up all night in order to get on line for any tickets for TV show....:uhoh::giggle: I'M AFRAID IF I GO TO SLEEP......I'LL OVERSLEEP [ my TENDENCY THESE DAYS}

I'll be checking later tonight for the TV info :D

Last edited:
NYC signing- the line has started

as of 6pm- my friend is in line for the wristband passing out in NYC- says only 15 people or so are there- I am sure it must be more by the time you read this..... he (my friend) is making a night of it- sounds like a plan!

Allegra said:
Let the rat race begin!

Go! Go!! Go!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

of course, on one level it's not funny :grumpy: but on another level :giggle:

***GOOD LUCK, everyone :hyper:***

and it's going to be BEAUTIFUL WEATHER Tues thru Thurs. :drool:
UNLIKE theirOct/Nov concerts Last year, every night and sometimes later afternoon it rained either steadily or on & off and all the days were grey....:mad:...just a frustrating thing, but worth it in the end for those of us luckily enough to see/meet them.

Will somebody please thank Bono for me? I asked if I could give him a hug in NYC last year and he obliged and I totally went incapable of speech (Bono's cheek was touching my cheek!!!!!) and I forgot to say 'thank you'. I was the goofy girl with the cop's hat on. (Doubtful he'll remember, but I still want to thank him for it.) He let my friend and me tag team on a hug. :cute: Tell him he gave me whisker burn that day, and it's okay because now I'll never complain about my husband's whisker burn again! :hyper:

Have fun in NYC everybody!!!!!!!!!!

To all that are going from this thread...

Please tell the guys that Allegra could not be there because she's stuck in Texas and would love to be in New Orleans and NYC, but that she will see them in Hawaii. :sexywink:

If they hear it enough times, then they might really look for me!

Just dreaming out loud :wink: :D

Last edited:
Does anyone know if U2.com lottery winner invites are transferable to other members? Just curious if anyone out there won, lives out of state and can't make it and if they would like to donate their invite to a native New Yorker who didn't win? Please?
Lisa

You know for crowd control the store is probably just telling people that people are already lining up so others change their mind about going.

Dazz check plebans.

Back
Top Bottom