MERGED ----> Book Signing - NYC + Tuesday, NYC + NYC booksigning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
redhotswami said:
That eliminates any possibilities for those that need to travel.

Maybe that's the point? :shrug:

I could take a bus down to the city tomorrow night, but it would mean cancelling my classes Tuesday night, as well as a full day of student conferences. If I were guaranteed a spot, I'd do it in a minute, but it would be annoying to end up going all the way down there only to come back empty handed.

So I guess that's the long way of saying I'm probably not going to go.

JVagos said:
I've purchased airline tickets to be there,

that's... um... never mind. i don't wanna get into trouble

*edit - actually, i take it back... i can't say that hopping a plane just for a book signing is strange. i don't know your financial situation, etc. etc. perhaps hopping a plane on a whim is no big deal to you... so i take it back.

NYC booksigning

As a lurker Pleban I am asking a HUGE favor. Does any of you lovely ladies/guys have any info on when/where the signing will be in NYC?? Im 12 hrs away and ive been told there is a posibility i can go. Even if i dont have a wristband its bout time i have a u2 spontaneous moment!

Thanks if you can help me I will be forever endepted to you! PLEABANS RULE!

Thanks! :) I've waited 20 yrs to meet them, so I figure this is my last shot-- I lived the first 34 years of my life in NY, worked in midtown Manhattan and STILL only met Bono in Virginia in 1992. And now that I'm in Florida the chances are slim to none that they'd ever do a meet & greet event here. I'm a travel agent, so it's not too bad for me to hop on a plane.... But yes, I am still CRAZY (it's okay to say it)

redhotswami said:
Not a clue. It's frustrating that people don't find out until the day before. That eliminates any possibilities for those that need to travel.

Thats the point unfortunatley. It also prevents bracelet or invitation scalping.

JVagos said:
Thanks! :) I've waited 20 yrs to meet them, so I figure this is my last shot-- I lived the first 34 years of my life in NY, worked in midtown Manhattan and STILL only met Bono in Virginia in 1992. And now that I'm in Florida the chances are slim to none that they'd ever do a meet & greet event here. I'm a travel agent, so it's not too bad for me to hop on a plane.... But yes, I am still CRAZY (it's okay to say it)

:up: see that's why i took it back... i realized my potential moment of douchbaggery and corrected it :wink:

stay tuned and definitely go
I'm told they did gave wristbands out to those who waited in line in Dublin as well. You just have to get there early.

When do you think..I should be there about 3am if all goes right

im so excited!

Just wanted to say,
Good Luck to everyone.....Hope I run into some of you on line. :wink:

I've seen that quite a few people are flying from all over to line up!!!

Last edited:
u2.com sent me this email.

U2 will be signing copies of their new book U2byU2 (Harper Collins) on
Tuesday 26th September in New York. U2.com has 150 invitations to the
signing available exclusively for US subscribers. All you have to do is
click below before 8pm this evening and follow the instructions for your
chance to receive one invitation for the event. You'll need to be
available to be in New York City on Tuesday from 10am until 3.30pm. If
you're one of the 150 entrants selected at random, we'll let you know by
10am on Monday morning.

I read they did let fans in in Dublin. You just have to get there early.

DUBLIN, Ireland - So many people showed up at a signing for U2's new book Saturday that organizers had to restrict access to 250 fans who had won tickets through a lottery on the band's official Web site and via competitions on radio stations across Ireland.

All 250 were waiting inside Eason's, Ireland's largest bookstore, when the four bandmates — vocalist Bono, guitarist The Edge, bassist Adam Clayton and drummer Larry Mullen Jr. — arrived to put their signatures to copies of "U2byU2," a coffee-table book that went on international sale Thursday.

Bono made no formal comments at the private signing, and journalists weren't admitted, although photographers were allowed.

Outside in the rain, police and crash barriers kept about 1,000 fans at bay on O'Connell Street, the major thoroughfare in Dublin.

Most celebrities pushing books in Ireland do book signings at Eason's. But this was the first time that organizers decided to issue admissions by lottery to prevent crowd chaos.

u2trinity said:
u2.com sent me this email.

U2 will be signing copies of their new book U2byU2 (Harper Collins) on
Tuesday 26th September in New York. U2.com has 150 invitations to the
signing available exclusively for US subscribers. All you have to do is
click below before 8pm this evening and follow the instructions for your
chance to receive one invitation for the event. You'll need to be
available to be in New York City on Tuesday from 10am until 3.30pm. If
you're one of the 150 entrants selected at random, we'll let you know by
10am on Monday morning.

I got the e-mail........................but I live in California:|

Last edited:
well LOL its 8:15..I couldnt sign up cause im not a paid member but agh feck it if i find out where im going! oh and im from mid east ohio..about an hour east of columbus in coshocton..If youve read the ONE blog a few weeks ago I was featured on it with getting my town a City of ONE!

Back
Top Bottom