MERGED ----> Book Signing - NYC + Tuesday, NYC + NYC booksigning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah.. one guest per invite according to the mod at u2.com. But there's a good chance that the bookstore will be handing out wristbands as well.. So, if you get there early in the morning maybe..:shifty:

Wish the name of the bookstore would leak out sooner..:huh:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
U2log.com has received many queries from fans, asking if a book signing is planned in the United States. Although we haven’t been able to confirm any additional book signings, we have learned that the band has scheduled appearances on American television on the following dates:

Tuesday, September 26: NBC Today Show, NBC Dateline, Extra
Wednesday, September 27: CBS Early Show
Thursday, September 28: CNN American Morning

Update: U2.com has just sent out an email to U.S. fanclub members, informing of a book signing in New York on Tuesday, September 26. If you are a U2.com member, check your email for instructions on how to attend the book signing.

Are these tv dates going to air something about the book signing? or r the guys actually going to be on the show? Does anyone think or know if they'll be in NYC all week? i'm stuck in school upstate for exams on tuesday and wednesday. It's driving me crazy knowing they're gonna be in nyc when i'm not there! i'd rather have them leave after the book signing or stay until friday and have something scheduled for friday so i can go see them ;)

Lila64 said:
maybe check all the big booksellers in the heart of the city :shrug: :reject: Or look for displays? :reject:

I used to work for Barnes & Noble (8 years) and still have contacts as of now no one knows a thing, and thats from the corporate office.

I'd say its hush hush.

I would imagine if they don't release the store info untill Monday, it's to keep U2 from shutting down part of New York, again. :wink: traffic and lines and all.
It may not be a concert, but hey it's U2. People will want to be where they are. That's what happens when you're the biggest band in the world. :drool:

I just want to know if they will hand out wristbands to people who get there early too (in addition to U2.com winners). I don't know if I should book a flight. :crazy:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
U2log.com has received many queries from fans, asking if a book signing is planned in the United States. Although we haven’t been able to confirm any additional book signings, we have learned that the band has scheduled appearances on American television on the following dates:

Tuesday, September 26: NBC Today Show, NBC Dateline, Extra
Wednesday, September 27: CBS Early Show
Thursday, September 28: CNN American Morning

Update: U2.com has just sent out an email to U.S. fanclub members, informing of a book signing in New York on Tuesday, September 26. If you are a U2.com member, check your email for instructions on how to attend the book signing.

OMG!!!!!
thanks for this info HIAS! :heart:

I'l be outside as many of these as i can get to IF they are in studio & in NYC { i hope!}! :hyper:

I got an e-mail from u2.com, but i live in Los Angeles:ohmy:

Jaysus!!!!! I would fly to NY in a heart beat but I spent all me $$ on Hawaii!!!!...

I hope they come to L.A..:mad:

Ive paid the $40.oo and the $35.00...I hope they remember me when and if U2 comes to LA for a book signing....:|

Last edited:
I think the fine print in the official rules says NY, NJ, CT residents only are eligible to win. I know, nobody read them, I didn't either (I'm in NY anyway). A pal did though, and somebody else mentioned it on their journal. Dunno if they will actually check addresses before notifying, but those out of town should keep it in mind...

good it should be that way... i really hope people with little to no chance of actually getting there tuesday don't sign up, and even if they do, that they aren't taken into condieration by u2.com so that people who can get there without issue don't get shut out by someone who has no chance of showing up

Pop Artist said:
I think the fine print in the official rules says NY, NJ, CT residents only are eligible to win. I know, nobody read them, I didn't either (I'm in NY anyway). A pal did though, and somebody else mentioned it on their journal. Dunno if they will actually check addresses before notifying, but those out of town should keep it in mind...

I didn't read that either. :scratch: I entered anyway. It's just a bus or a train ride away!

I wish. Do you know where it is taking place JCOSTER

My husband is working in New York and it is his first time there and of course they have to be there doing a book signing. So not fair.:(

From what I gather, at the London signing they allowed some fans into the signing (fans who spent the night in the rain). But from the info on the DUblin signing, they only let those with the bracelets in. Any word on how the NY signing will be???

I've purchased airline tickets to be there, so I'm hoping they at least let some fans in-- regardless if they have their bracelets on or not. It does seem unfair that they might end up selecting people who really CAN'T be there on Tuesday. I know that most U2 fans are decent people, so I hope they were honest about their intentions....
:huh:

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!! :)
Whoever DOES get in, please do take as many photos as possible to share with the rest of us...

Back
Top Bottom