MERGED-->Anyone got Anton's new Book yet?+U2 & I Book + Anton Corbijn's Book

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aardvark747

Blue Crack Addict
Anyone got Anton's new Book yet?

Just wondered, cos' I think it's out now isnt it?:eyebrow:
I'm waiting til March, i'll have saved up enough by then! I hope it's gonna be worth the £65!!:ohmy:

Can I ask what the difference is in the editions, other than price? One is $120 and the other is a "hardcover" copy for about $75... I'm confused...

Hope this helps you, U2dork.....

Supposedly the book is coming out in two languages...
English & German.

The "English version is to be sold in the U.S. only..

As for the price...Amazon.com shows the list price as $120 discounted to $75.60, when you purchase the book through them
..So I would guess this is the same book..only different languages to it..not different copyrights/editions..

there's a blurg on the news today about postponing the release date :madspit:

Anton Corbijn book

I'm confused. What is the story with this book? I thought it was coming out in February, but no one has it yet in the US. Does anyone have any info on this???

Saw it at Borders. Beautiful photos. It weighs a ton. I had to rest it on a table after my arm went numb. It sold for $120 there, so I do suggest Amazon.

I got mine at the local Borders. It was kind of hard to find it (I tried some other stores, but no luck). The pictures are great.

I bought my copy at Borders in Chicago last week. It was $120 plus tax, but in the end it was worth paying extra for it as I was able to get Bono to sign the cover.

Would anyone who has or is planning on getting the "U2 and I" book be interested in obtaining a protective book jacket cover? Now that I've had Bono sign my book, I'd like to keep that cover in pristine condition. These hardcover book paper jackets can get scuffed up and fade over time. And the edges can get ripped or bent. After spending all the $$ on this awesome book, it's probably worth it to spend a few extra bucks to keep it in excellent condition. I found a website which sells those plastic protective book covers you see on books at the public library. They do sell the covers to individuals, not just libraries. I'm planning on buying the following book cover (size 14" high):

http://www.shopbrodart.com/shop/cb/product.aspx?pgid=2856

The minimum number of this cover I can purchase is a box of 10. Since I only need one, I'd like to make the other 9 available to anyone here who'd like one. The box of 10 will cost me $13.65 plus shipping. So I'm figuring I'll sell the other 9 covers for around $2 each plus the cost of the mailers/postage. I'll need to find protective mailers that will fit this size cover. Anyone interested in getting a book cover can PM me and I'll let you know the exact cost later in the week once I've received the shipment and figured out the cost of the mailers/postage.

my signed book....

22125469-M.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Anyone got Anton's new Book yet?

Originally posted by Aardvark747
Just wondered, cos' I think it's out now isnt it?:eyebrow:

Did you ever get a copy of this book yet ??
I just picked up my order yesterday from Barnes and Noble ...
It's about time this book finally came in over here !!
This book is one heavy "mother" ... It weighs almost 9 lbs !!
There's 416 pages with a total of 372 photographs inside ...
Absolutely FASCINATING !! What an AMAZING photographer Anton Corbijn really is !! These photographs are GREAT !! :drool:

are you sure they don't carry those plastic protective covers at office supply stores like Office Max or Office Depot or Staples or something? My friends bought them individually for their senior yearbooks....but then again, our yaerbook us 9 x 12 inches

Back
Top Bottom