Books Bono has Read

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love "The Screwtape Letters" It is a book every Believer should read. Thank God that Bono listened to His Voice and decided to take that message to the world even if they didn't get it.:huh: God Bless!!

Currently Listening: Album/Artist-Feels Like Today/Rascal Flatts
Song: "Bless The Broken Road"

"What no man can own...No man can take.": Yahweh-U2

U2isthebest said:
I love "The Screwtape Letters" It is a book every Believer should read.
Sadly, most Christians think Lewis was actually being serious when he wrote the Letters. Plus a lot of people don't exactly get the irony in it. Heck, I have problems understanding it, and that's why I stopped reading it.

beau99 said:

Sadly, most Christians think Lewis was actually being serious when he wrote the Letters. Plus a lot of people don't exactly get the irony in it. Heck, I have problems understanding it, and that's why I stopped reading it.

i think it is a great book. particularly the sections where he connects reactionary anger leading to war as the devil's handiwork. i just re-read it recently and it was very striking how some of the passages really connect with things going on in the world today. i love the sarcastic tone of the book. it's really brilliant.

I honestly don't see how some Christians could be so blinded by the stupidity of their religious nature that they couldn't even see he was pointing out the absurdity and deceiftulness of the devil. It's a brilliant book, and I love it. I also agree w/you caragriff, that I couldn't believe how much I connected it to what's going on in the world today. I am greatful God used Bono to lead me to this book! God Bless!!

"What no man can own...No man can take.": Yahweh-U2

Back
Top Bottom