Bono's 3 bios - not worth it yet!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Babydoll

Blue Crack Addict
I have all 3 of them that you're talking about - the Laura J one, the "in the name of love" one, and the one in convo with mishka.
to be honest, the michka one is pretty much the most autobiographical, but not quite. out of all. and to be honest again, there isn't a single book out there yet that has done to his huge presence and achievements. WHEN will he write his own autobio??

My guess would be never - not unless Ali scares him into it. He'll prevaricate forever and sixteen years before he'll let you know who he really is.

which is weird, because he is pretty accessible and not a really private person; he has talked about almost every single personal aspect of his life so far. what's stopping him from writing his memoirs... time to suggest this to him, the next person who meets him!

Babydoll said:
which is weird, because he is pretty accessible and not a really private person; he has talked about almost every single personal aspect of his life so far. what's stopping him from writing his memoirs... time to suggest this to him, the next person who meets him!

He's not done yet so he can't write an autobiography yet. It would have to be volumes.:wink:

nathan1977 said:
In the Name of Love is rubbish. Inaccuracies as long as my...

Well, long.

I've read it and I'll have to agree with you, it doesn't help that it's written in possibly the most boring manner ever.... I thought it was dull/crap etc.

Though at the moment I'm reading The Unforgettable Fire, The Story Of U2; it's about the whole band (though it's not very recent, it was written in 1987) - but it's an interesting read.

I didn't like any of the three bios here (read them all). I too am itching for him to write an autobio. But, if it's a choice of him doing more creative work or sit down to write a book, I'd rather the creative work! (not that books aren't creative)

When i heard U2 interviewed on Radio 1 at the time of the release of Bomb, Bono was asked if he has any thoughts of writing an autobiog&he said he's got heaps of notes he's accumulated&that he does think he'll write a book of some kind, but he said that it, might still be a way off in the future!

Back
Top Bottom