Bill Carter's Fools Rush In

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy

ONE<br>love, blood, life
Lookin' for the face I had before the world was ma
Has anyone read this book?

I've been looking forward to reading it for about 2 years, ever since I found out it was coming out. I kept reading the excerpts posted on Bill Carter's website and I really liked what I read.

I finally picked this up at the bookstore the other day and I'm getting around to starting it this evening.

Just wondered if anyone has read it and has any thoughts/reactions they'd like to share?

caragriff said:
i have been meaning to get it--please let us know how you like it....

Get this book as soon as you can. :yes:

I just finished it about an hour ago... had to take a breather to digest it all. This is an incredible book. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to tell exactly what it's about, but it is powerful stuff.

Perhaps I'll be able to write more when I've thought about it some more...

Anyway, an excellent book that I highly recommend. :up:

hippy said:

Get this book as soon as you can. :yes:

I just finished it about an hour ago... had to take a breather to digest it all. This is an incredible book. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to tell exactly what it's about, but it is powerful stuff.

Perhaps I'll be able to write more when I've thought about it some more...

Anyway, an excellent book that I highly recommend. :up:

thanks for the heads up--i'll put it on my list.... :)

Oh good, there's a thread about this book!

I just finished it. Gut-wrenching, fabulous, all those other fabulous descriptors you want to use after finishing a wonderful book.

Great bits with U2 and their team, and it's made me vow to buy the Miss Sarajevo DVD from Bill Carter's web site.

My only complaint about the book is a very, very small one. His writing can be a little overwrought at times, particularly when talking about Corrina (read the book, and you'll soon see who she is and why he talks/thinks about her all the time).

Seriously, though. Read this book.

You can have both. No, really! While being a big fan of TV, I still managed to read 61 books in 2005. :wink:

that's random, corianderstem, i just sent you an email about this book before i saw your post.
i have to finish it before posting anything here - i don't want to unduly inflence anyone who hasn't read it......... i am a way overcritical reader, i think.

yay, i finally finished this book! i certainly recommend it as well.

the book does a great job of portraying humanity in war.

i will say i thought the writing was waay overwrought, and i was put-off by how every characterization of women in this book included a reference to the size of her boobs. also, bill carter did way too much philosophizing about the meaning of life (for my taste).

but the u2 parts, especially with bono, were very revealing. it seemed to me that bono gave bill the benefit of the doubt when everyone else in the u2 camp may have rather just brushed him off.

of course, the book is not about bono. it isn't even about war, really, it is about surviving tragedy. and there are a few really horrific incidents that bill describes in sarajevo that will stay with me.

the book is one you won't forget if you read it.

I went to Bill Carter's website after reading the book and really want to order a copy of the "Miss Sarajevo" DVD. I was bummed it wasn't available through Netflix.

Back
Top Bottom