A Grand Madness: Should I Pick It Up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

socalu2fan

I was in a Virgin Megastore the other day and I saw a book I had never seen before called "A Grand Madness: Ten Years on the Road with U2." Have any of you read it? Would it be worth it for me to pick up a copy?

I?ve heard of the book, but I don?t know anyone who?s actually read it. So it?d be nice to hear a review of it.

------------------
~ The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens ~

I've read it - it's a pretty good read, but very different from Flanagan's book. His is on the inside, with an insider's access and has lots of insight onto the band.

Her bok is a story about her and the other fans she comes across, and following the band and what it is like to be a normal fan meeting them, etc. Just a different perspective. Also she is happily married with kids so no stories about camping out at hotels trying to hook up with the guys, etc. But I like it.

Peace!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I can't change the world, but I can change the world in me." - Bono
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

I find it to be a little amateurish actually. I don't think shes got a very good writing style and it can be quite boring.
Sometimes you also get that freaky fan obsession vibe.

hehe says she whos about to fly from Sydney to London, then Dublin just to see U2.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Australian U2 Fans Forum
pub84.ezboard.com/bzoomerangers

Back
Top Bottom