ZooTV Sydney and PopMart Mexico DVD tree!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boozyuzi said:
RA-D, I would be interested in a copy of these DVD's once you receive them.

I have a burner and I would be willing to copy them for other fans.

My e-mail is boozyuzi@dsl.pipex.com

hey up, i cannae get into my email account right now so leave me a note at rodgerdavies[at]gmail[dot]com and i'll get back to you come April 11th

hi...I'm interested in both! I posted a while back on the All I Want Is U2 board for help getting these! If anyone can help, please e-mail me at majid23 (at) gmail.com Thanks!

I can't wait to get this in the mail :drool:

And of course i'll help out by sending it on once I get my copy :)

Bittorrent

Why don't we share it via bittorrent? I have a 1mbit upload and would love to seed it to infinity and beyond.

Just share it with azureus and post the torrentlink here.

ZooTV in Sydney Japan version with Trying To Throw YAATW...

Chrisedge said:
Well, I guess I need to finish the "Definative Verison" of Sydney soon so we can share that. Complete PPV from SVHS master including TTTYAATW and the confessionals.

Since i am new to the interference scene but have been enjoying all the sharing the love, i sifted through my pack-rat personal collection to try to find something unusual to give back to the friendly people of interference forum. As fate would have it, just this morning, i dug up a Hi-8 tape from a Japanese satellite broadcast of the Sydney ZooTV show which i recorded (1st gen Hi-8) in 93 and put to DVD, which i would be happy to share with the following...

1) Chrisedge (for official preservation and thanks for the shows!)
2) the 1st person who will trade back the Mexico Popmart show in this thread
3-5) the first 3 people who post in this thread (B&P) and agree to share the love (i.e. have a burner and not afraid to use it! This is to get the tree started, for those without a burner, you should be able to get it from the next branch)

Though i haven't done a complete comparison (my personality/disposition is such that i doubt i ever will :faint: ), things in the Japanese satellite broadcast version which differ from the commercially available Laserdisc are...

a) Trying To Throw Your Arms Around the World is included after Numb, before Angel of Harlem
b) editing is quite different with many shots (40% or so?) using different camera angles than that of the video. This broadcast (93) was done before the video (94) and editing is credited only to Dave Gardener, whereas the video release is credited to Tim Waddell, Dave Gardener, Bruce McKenna, so i am guessing they edited from DG's original version adding some video FX and other camera angles. Overall, a tad less frenetic feel
c) while Bono is channel surfing, you see some programs which are cut in the video
d) to meet broadcast time slot of 120 min, there is basically no intro starting almost immediately with Zoo Station. The end credits roll over the last song.
e) when Bono speaks between songs, there are Japanese subtitles

Not sure if this is the same as Chrisedge's PPV version, so cannot say this is definitive (probably, someone much much more motivated than i will take this version and the video release and make a multi-angle feature edition :shrug: ), but hopefully of interest to y'all.

Last edited:
Definitely interested in this...will be happy to send copies of it along with Mexico City to others of course. Or, if you'd rather, I'd trade you something for it :)

rbaeler@comcast.net

1 question: Has anyone who Mr Achtung Y'All was going to send discs to recieved them yet? Apologies for sounding impatient :)

pop mart DVD

I would be happy to help in anyway I can... been looking for a good version of this for some time... my VHS tape of the original Showtime broadcast is worn out!

steviebone@u2.com

I would like to help on this tree. I am in Canada, but will gladly cover B&P from the USA. I have a burner and can make copies of the ZOO and POP show to pass on to other fans (through the tree and otherwise). Email me at prof.peabody (at) gmail.com

thanks in advance, hopefully I will get to watch these soon.

UPDATE on sharing the love for ZooTV Sydney ('93 Japan WOWOW Broadcast version incl TTTYAATW, diff edit, etc.)

as of this moment, 3 copies of this are already on their way to US(x2), Europe(x1) with Canada on deck. Still need to connect with Chrisedge/U2preservation, to see if he/they are interested in having this for the archives, though. Which would make 5. :sexywink:

Everyone so far has been mucho friendly, so hopefully, those without burners can get copies from the next branches or so.

Anyone else who wants to trade for this DVD, please post, as now that i've started, i think i am getting the trading bug, methinks... :eyebrow:

Also, when i get the POPMART one in later this week (thanks Neutral!:applaud: ), for those who haven't already been taken care of by Achtung Ya'll (who started this thread), i can help a few other newbies like me, get started with B&P to share the love:heart: ....or trade, of course :yes:

Last edited:
I don't have a DVD-burner, so if anyone would like bootlegs on cd as compensation for sending me a copy of the 2 DVDs in question, please let me know. You can find my e-mail addy at mofo2.com :)

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I finally got some money! Sending these puppies out today!

Sorry for the LONGGGGGGG delay.

If some of you already have gotten copies from other sources please accept mine anyways and just send 'em along to anyone else that wants 'em!

why feel guilty? I said I'd send them...am over a month late and am just now getting around to it (although I did try to send out email updates)...so no need to feel guilty.

could anyone who has the showtime version of mexico post some screencaps? i'm itching to get mine still :)

is the showtime version totally different than the official release in terms of camera angles?

i already have the VHS version, and the VHS converted into divx, but its only 384x288.. theres also a version of the concert which recently came on a newsgroup which i believe is also a VHS rip, the image is much much sharper, and more detailed (perhaps ripped from a VHS player which has s-video out?), but whoever compressed that version onto a DVD didn't use a very good encoder/used bad encoding settings because theres way too much blocking/compression artifacts.

Re: ZooTV in Sydney Japan version with Trying To Throw YAATW...

I will be receiving a copy of ZooTV Sydney Japanese Broadcast (5speedracer5 edition, see below for info). I would like to help the tree by sending on 5 copies. I prefer trades, but am open to B&P. I am located in Canada, but will mail to the states (or beyond northa america for a decent trade).

I will also be receiving PopMart Mexico shortly and can include that if you want it.

prof.peabody@gmail.com

5speedracer5 said:

Since i am new to the interference scene but have been enjoying all the sharing the love, i sifted through my pack-rat personal collection to try to find something unusual to give back to the friendly people of interference forum. As fate would have it, just this morning, i dug up a Hi-8 tape from a Japanese satellite broadcast of the Sydney ZooTV show which i recorded (1st gen Hi-8) in 93 and put to DVD.

... snip...

Though i haven't done a complete comparison (my personality/disposition is such that i doubt i ever will :faint: ), things in the Japanese satellite broadcast version which differ from the commercially available Laserdisc are...

a) Trying To Throw Your Arms Around the World is included after Numb, before Angel of Harlem
b) editing is quite different with many shots (40% or so?) using different camera angles than that of the video. This broadcast (93) was done before the video (94) and editing is credited only to Dave Gardener, whereas the video release is credited to Tim Waddell, Dave Gardener, Bruce McKenna, so i am guessing they edited from DG's original version adding some video FX and other camera angles. Overall, a tad less frenetic feel
c) while Bono is channel surfing, you see some programs which are cut in the video
d) to meet broadcast time slot of 120 min, there is basically no intro starting almost immediately with Zoo Station. The end credits roll over the last song.
e) when Bono speaks between songs, there are Japanese subtitles

Not sure if this is the same as Chrisedge's PPV version, so cannot say this is definitive (probably, someone much much more motivated than i will take this version and the video release and make a multi-angle feature edition :shrug: ), but hopefully of interest to y'all.

bcrt2000 said:
could anyone who has the showtime version of mexico post some screencaps? i'm itching to get mine still :)

U2_POPMARTMEXICO-0.jpg

U2_POPMARTMEXICO-13.jpg

U2_POPMARTMEXICO-8.jpg

U2_POPMARTMEXICO-26.jpg

U2_POPMARTMEXICO-27.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom