*ultra deluxe bono shades thread*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:hmm: i see what you mean, also looks pinned above the nose.

dammit, these shades are hot tho, the purple is nice :drool:

Indeed.. I might go for those in purple..

Still trying to find a way to get armani 9294 in light brown/gold too...
Damn i could not go to japan this year !! Damn the "special asian market" too !!

Diesel BATWING.

That's the name of this model (a bit old, not so easy to find.)

For the color that exist, i know there's PURPLE (color code 6LB), ORANGE and FLASH GRAY (dunno color codes for those two colors, sorry)

I got the orange Diesels :dancing:

They look almost like the Armanis exept for the frame round the lens and smaller for arms.
I had to do some slight tweaking for them to fit correctly, like bend the arms inwards and adjust the nose piece.

The colour is exactly the same as Bono's!! They are a really good pair of shades. :drool:

I'll post some pics later..

oragne Diesel shades :drool:

dieselme.jpg

dieselme2.jpg

i dunno
that rim around the lens bugs me
but other than that, they are pretty kick ass

my Miu Miu showed up the other day
ill get pics up

im ording D&G next. haha

:D

for those looking for giglis, you should check out ebay...

i'm still looking for green/orange/pink/flash gray 519.. :sad: :sad: :sad:

We ALL look for rare 519 i believe. However those are so hard to find by now...

Orange and emerald 519 are the ones i'm looking for; i own flash gray and love them...

I envy you Gabrielvox !!!! :drool: :drool: :wink: :sad:

I really dont recommned anyone to buy those bvlgari 519's soley for the fact that they are friggin expensive & they break easily.
BTW I got my versace 2040's today that Bono wore in St Tropez. I debated for a long time whether or not I should buy them but they are really starting to grow on me.
My blackflys #5 should be arriving any day also B-)

My bvlgari 519 never broke and I totally think that those glasses are awesome.

Plus i would not say they are friggin expensive since all bvlgari glasses are expensive when they are released (549 too)...

And now if we ever find some 519 or any shades from the Elevation era, 90% of those are second hand so...

But still, i must say that i'm kinda scared when i see how many of you guys got their 519 to break :sad:

It's the combination of the design and the weight of the arms bearing a constant "pulling" pressure on two small screw holes...even my beloved Citrus are starting to show an ever so tiny hairline crack on the left side.

I failed to mention that i have a second pair of the blue 519s and they too have a feather crack beginning to show around two of the screw holes. not as big as the cracks that developed on the other 5 Elevation era Bulgaris I owned (2 blue - 519 and 620?, one red and 2 flash 519s), but then again I haven't been throwing this 6th pair aside after they fog up, I've been gingerly setting them down. That and I no longer let people try them on, that creates strain as well especially if their head is bigger than mine (which, seems to be an impossibility but....lol). Someone posted a picture of some "bono-type" Bulgaris a few pages back, pre-Elevation era 635s I believe they were (EDIT: it was BADGER who posted them back on about page 15), the first blue pair he posted, they have kindof a square big lens..if I'm not mistaken those were 635s circa 2000/2001)...I also owned a pair of those, they were actually the first Bulgaris I had given to me by my good friend Mark. THey too broke. Bulgari didnt have very good screw assemblies back then I guess.

Whatever you do, RESIST!!! with all your might the temptation to tighten those screws if they seem to be working their way loose, that will definitely contribute to the deterioration. Only let an eyewear pro you trust do it for you, and even then if they aren't aware of the inherent flaw in the design, make them aware and ask that they be ultra careful in tightening.

All told I think I've had about 8 or so pairs of the various Bulgaris over the past 5 years and all of them have developed some type of problem. That's not a great track record when weighed against the super durability of the Black Flys, the Romeo Giglis which are also virtually indestructable, the D&Gs which I have also had zero problems with, and, perhaps surprisingly, the Armanis, which have also held up very well under some fairly strenous use. I never owned the Mius because I never liked them but I can't imagine that they'd be all that durable, but I could be wrong. The Versace 2040s don't even get on the radar for me, they're ugly as hell and he'll never wear them onstage anyways so I haven't paid any attention to them.

Last edited:
I dont think the Versace 2040 are ugly at all. Ive warmed up to them rather quickly. Besides Gabriel, if you dont own them then you are not a REAL Bono impersonator. You would be an impersonator of a Bono impersonator!!! LOL

I would have to agree that there simply is nothing attractive about the Versace 2040's (at least not for the money).

Also, I got my D&G's about a week ago and love them. Next on my list is either Black Flys or Armani reds in green fade, but that'll probably be the extent of my Bono collection (in addition to my good ol' fly shades); until the next pair of awesome shades he wears in the future, of course.

congrats on the Versace, not my favortie, but whatever works for ya...

i got my miu miu the other day.....and they are surpisly durable....

next on my list are D&G 2138 G49 sunglasses....
and i have a question for Kevinwall, those shades, in the link, arnt the ones you got right?

hey guys, havent talked in a while!

Just needed to ask, which of the Bvlgari 636 does Bono usually wear? I am thinking about getting them for my b-day...but dont know which color..

Hey tpsreports,
maybe you wanna go for the red/mauve coloured 636 he wore in London. I think they look ACE

londonpd7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom