*ultra deluxe bono shades thread* - Page 50 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Still Haven't Found What You're Looking For? > All I Want Is U2
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 04:42 PM   #981
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:45 PM
agreed gvox

Old 06-05-2008, 02:11 AM   #982
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Like I said, I have no use for the ebay speculators who have invaded this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebadger View Post
agreed gvox
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebadger View Post
anybody know how much danodorfs miklis sold for?-just curious

Furthermore:

Quote:
Originally Posted by danondorf View Post
And I did? I wasn't even aware Bono wore Mikli 3214 until I had seen and asked around here, and I just happened to get lucky and snag 2 on eBay. I'm not too crazy about the way they fit especially since I have 519 and 9285's and no. 5's; so I decided to let them go. What's so controversial about asking in "All I Want Is U2" (sell/trade thread mind you) about whether anyone is interested in making an offer for the shades?

And really if you're aren't interested in buying them, then why bitch about it? That goes to Badger too. Don't worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
If you want to sell your sunglasses you are welcome to make a new thread here to do so. As a prospective buyer, you can either respond if you want to purchase someone's item, or you can ignore it. Seems pretty simple to me.
Except to Badge and Gvox.

Really what's done is done already. Kev made near $2000 and I got about $1400 for both together that were determined by buyers who drove up the price; supply and demand is a simple concept.

Happy camper here with Black Flys 5 and 9285's. Mikli's? Tried 'em, didn't like 'em, and hey what do you know I got my $ back and then some.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:35 PM   #983
Ghost of Love

Local Time: 03:45 PM
Me thinks thou dost protest too much.

In plainer terms, stuff a sock in it danodorf. Go peddle your glasses elsewhere, like, say, in another thread listing your item as per Sicy's direction. We are free to discuss whatever we want in this thread, including the practices of people who sell "Bono shades". We give praise and props to the reputable sellers where due, and we mercilessly trash those who we don't feel operate nicely. It's been that way since WE created this thread.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:49 PM   #984
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 09:45 PM
I don't think we should retort to name calling.
It's true that hes free to come here and sell his stuff, but that's not originally what this thread is for. It's not only for selling the shades, it's for selling and/or trading the shades between fans and people on this forum, and I doubt the original creators wanted to attract people who only care about selling stuff.
Perhaps it is a better idea to get a separate thread if people are only interested in selling their wares..
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 06-05-2008, 01:59 PM   #985
Ghost of Love

Actually my participation in this thread from the outset has been to discuss and share knowledge of what models Bono wears, and places - notably, reputable places - to find them at good prices. I never thought of this as a buy/sell/trade thread at all, to be honest, and I doubt the thread creator did either. It seems by simple virtue of posting habits that some people have joined Interference pretty much solely for the purpose of sourcing and then re-selling 'Bono shades' for a profit, and I take exception to it. Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:49 PM   #986
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 02:45 PM
okay, it seems things are a little out of hand again. i'll quote sicy's previous post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
Ok why don't we just chill out a little bit here.

This forum is for buying / trading U2 collectibles, and items for personal sale. Technically this thread really shouldn't even be here as it seems it is mostly just discussing Bono's shades.

If you want to sell your sunglasses you are welcome to make a new thread here to do so. As a prospective buyer, you can either respond if you want to purchase someone's item, or you can ignore it. Seems pretty simple to me.
this is only for the DISCUSSION of his sunglasses. if you want to sell or buy shades he's worn, please make a separate thread in this forum.

having said that, there is no need to resort to name calling either, as that's not allowed. two wrongs don't make a right.

seeing as this is the second warning, if this doesn't stop, the thread will be closed and only threads for buying or selling of his sunglasses will be allowed, and the discussion will have to be taken elsewhere.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:00 PM   #987
Ghost of Love

What name calling exactly is going on? I've only heard danodorf call people names ie flakes, lame, etc.

With all due respect to the mods, I would like to think we have a right to discuss if we feel others are profiting unscrupulously off of the information we share here. I'm not sure if the threat of closing this thread is due to such discussion, but for the record I feel it would be unfortunate if the thread were to be closed on those grounds. There has never been a problem in this thread until people started posting their eBay listings here. For the record, I feel that THEY should be told to stop, and if they do not, they should be dealt with appropriately. I appreciate that things need to be dealt with even-handedly, but closing our thread and forcing us to discuss it elsewhere isn't really the fair answer, Khan. (imo)
Old 06-05-2008, 03:28 PM   #988
The Fly

Quote:
What name calling exactly is going on? I've only heard danodorf call people names ie flakes, lame, etc.

With all due respect to the mods, I would like to think we have a right to discuss if we feel others are profiting unscrupulously off of the information we share here. I'm not sure if the threat of closing this thread is due to such discussion, but for the record I feel it would be unfortunate if the thread were to be closed on those grounds. There has never been a problem in this thread until people started posting their eBay listings here. For the record, I feel that THEY should be told to stop, and if they do not, they should be dealt with appropriately. I appreciate that things need to be dealt with even-handedly, but closing our thread and forcing us to discuss it elsewhere isn't really the fair answer, Khan. (imo)
Completely agree with your last two posts. This thread and the previous two from which this one originated (which now dates back YEARS) was a forum where shadaholics could go to try and figure out the brands, model names, help folks find the shades, posting pics, give friendly congrats to those who scored some nice ones, etc. Proof is all there. It was never about using this forum to help sell your own stuff, let alone profiting from it.

I don't speak for anyone and I don't make the rules - just my opinion - but I certainly have followed this thread and the previous two from its beginning. Totally agree with Gabriel, there's never been a problem here (and it's always been friendly and informative) until certain folks used this forum to help drum up the highest bids. If anyone is to be reprimanded or if this thread is to be narrowed then its they who should be weeded out.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:11 PM   #989
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 02:45 PM
Quote:

i do believe i said this is for the discussion of his sunglasses only, not buying or selling. so yes, i did address the issue.

if you have a problem with someone's posts, you need to report them. don't just take matters into your own hands and tell them to "stuff a sock in it" or anything like that. we can't just ban a user because you guys don't like them. putting items for sale in this forum is exactly what this forum is intended for. if you don't want this thread to be closed, then all we ask is for you to do your part too. as sicy said, this thread technically shouldn't even be here.

again, as i said, i AM trying to be even-handed here. i didn't even name names in my previous post if a poster is breaking rules, then please report it. but just because someone is doing something you don't like, then no we can't banish them from here because they're contributing to the thread and forums just like you are.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:56 PM   #990
The Fly

Local Time: 04:45 PM
hi!
the black flys #5 which sells TCBJEWEL on ebay are auth or fake?
Old 06-09-2008, 10:14 PM   #991
Acrobat

Definitely authentic. I have gotten 3 pairs from him, purple, red and clear. I believe the lens are custom made by the seller. He ships really fast too
Old 06-10-2008, 10:33 AM   #992
The Fly

thanks danondorf!
I´ll choose the clears or reds, but I didn´t decide yet. the reds are see-through?
Old 06-10-2008, 11:08 AM   #993
Ghost of Love

Quote:
Definitely authentic. I have gotten 3 pairs from him, purple, red and clear. I believe the lens are custom made by the seller. He ships really fast too

Uh no, they are not authentic. The lenses are cheaply made by him or for him by some no-name. That is not authentic.

If you want authentic colored Flys, go to the Black Fly site and order them from them directly.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:11 AM   #994
Ghost of Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by leovox View Post
thanks danondorf!
I´ll choose the clears or reds, but I didn´t decide yet. the reds are see-through?
Leovox, go here: black flys sunglasses, flys sunglasses, black fly sports sunglasses, blackfly eyewear, house of flys, fly girls

THAT is where you get authentic Flys. Anywhere else, you'll get cheap imitation lenses.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:56 AM   #995
The Fly

ok gvox, thanks!!
Old 06-10-2008, 12:08 PM   #996
The Fly

One question gvox, the rims of TCBJEWEL´s flys are auth?
Old 06-10-2008, 01:25 PM   #997
Ghost of Love

I can't comment on that, to be honest. If they aren't, then he's committing copyright infringement. I can say that he admitted to me that they are not authentic lenses, and from looking at other products he has sold over the years, he has made his own 'versions' of popular frames as well, and they are knock-offs. Personally I think he's just a shade better than your average guy in Chinatown with the mobile sunglasses cart of no-names, but that's just my opinion. I can tell you however that a reputable optician who I've dealt with no longer carries Black Flys because they can be ordered direct from Black Fly for as much as he used to sell them for. That seems to logically indicate to me that anyone selling them otherwise, especially for less, would be selling knock-offs, because why would they sell them for a loss? Having said all that, I don't own a pair of TCBs "Black Flys", so I don't know if they have all the comparative markings etc. I do think that Flys, because of the common plastic and easy to reproduce logo, seem to be a more likely candidate for a direct rip off than say a Bulgari or Armani
Old 06-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #998
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by leovox View Post
thanks danondorf!
The reds are awesome! Yes they are see through. They my favorite Black Flys. TCB makes the lens to exact specs of Black Flys; and they carry the same warranty as well. The frames are definitely authentic; I have an all black pair that bought at a retail store and I can tell you they are exactly the same. Here are my reds:

Through Flys.com, they are going to run about $150 with custom made red lens. Through TCB they are $90.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:07 PM   #999
Acrobat

Quote:
so I don't know if they have all the comparative markings etc.
They most definitely do; the reds, clear and purple I ordered from TCB are exactly the same as the all black ones I bought from from the retail store and include all of the same packaging and carry the same warranty through Black Flys.

Leovox, check out this pic to see my clear ones and black ones:

The clears have the same etchings, "Flys.com" "Request To Fly High", etc.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:45 PM   #1000
Ghost of Love

Quote:
The reds are awesome! Yes they are see through.
Through Flys.com, they are going to run about $150 with custom made red lens. Through TCB they are $90.
Well that's fine that the frames are authentic, but the lenses are not, and made to spec is not the same as authentic, imo. There has to be some loss of quality for there to be that much of a price difference, because TCBs markup is so slim on those frames that it would have to make business sense for them to be able to sell them at $90 with custom colors. That's what logic tells me, anyhoo.

Closed Thread

Tags
bono, bono shades, shades, sunglasses