*ultra deluxe bono shades thread*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely authentic. I have gotten 3 pairs from him, purple, red and clear. I believe the lens are custom made by the seller. He ships really fast too :up:

thanks danondorf!
I´ll choose the clears or reds, but I didn´t decide yet. the reds are see-through?

Definitely authentic. I have gotten 3 pairs from him, purple, red and clear. I believe the lens are custom made by the seller. He ships really fast too :up:

Uh no, they are not authentic. The lenses are cheaply made by him or for him by some no-name. That is not authentic.

If you want authentic colored Flys, go to the Black Fly site and order them from them directly.

I can't comment on that, to be honest. If they aren't, then he's committing copyright infringement. I can say that he admitted to me that they are not authentic lenses, and from looking at other products he has sold over the years, he has made his own 'versions' of popular frames as well, and they are knock-offs. Personally I think he's just a shade better than your average guy in Chinatown with the mobile sunglasses cart of no-names, but that's just my opinion. I can tell you however that a reputable optician who I've dealt with no longer carries Black Flys because they can be ordered direct from Black Fly for as much as he used to sell them for. That seems to logically indicate to me that anyone selling them otherwise, especially for less, would be selling knock-offs, because why would they sell them for a loss? Having said all that, I don't own a pair of TCBs "Black Flys", so I don't know if they have all the comparative markings etc. I do think that Flys, because of the common plastic and easy to reproduce logo, seem to be a more likely candidate for a direct rip off than say a Bulgari or Armani :shrug:

thanks danondorf!
I´ll choose the clears or reds, but I didn´t decide yet. the reds are see-through?

The reds are awesome! Yes they are see through. They my favorite Black Flys. TCB makes the lens to exact specs of Black Flys; and they carry the same warranty as well. The frames are definitely authentic; I have an all black pair that bought at a retail store and I can tell you they are exactly the same. Here are my reds:

Photo0209.jpg

:wink:

Through Flys.com, they are going to run about $150 with custom made red lens. Through TCB they are $90.

so I don't know if they have all the comparative markings etc.

They most definitely do; the reds, clear and purple I ordered from TCB are exactly the same as the all black ones I bought from from the retail store and include all of the same packaging and carry the same warranty through Black Flys.

Leovox, check out this pic to see my clear ones and black ones:

S4010051.jpg

The clears have the same etchings, "Flys.com" "Request To Fly High", etc.

The reds are awesome! Yes they are see through.
Through Flys.com, they are going to run about $150 with custom made red lens. Through TCB they are $90.

Well that's fine that the frames are authentic, but the lenses are not, and made to spec is not the same as authentic, imo. There has to be some loss of quality for there to be that much of a price difference, because TCBs markup is so slim on those frames that it would have to make business sense for them to be able to sell them at $90 with custom colors. That's what logic tells me, anyhoo.

thanks danondorf and gvox for the info!
very useful.
So, TCB uses the authentic frames of fly´s but he makes the custom lenses...
thanks again!

This thread has reached 1,000 replies, so it must be closed. Feel free to start a new thread to continue discussion, if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom