U23, OTHER RARE VINYL, AUTOGRAPHED PICS, EARLY 80's FAN CLUB MAGS & MUCH MORE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gandp

Babyface
Hi there,

I am selling my collection of early U2 singles, authenticated autographed pics, original early 80's fan club newsletters, Letters and Postcards from Sister Sister and much more. The list is below. I would really like the collection to go to a true fan.

I have set up an online picture album (hope it works!!) at https://cid-eb69eabd4aa53995.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/U2 PICS

If you are interested and want to see more pics or want any more info, please let me know.

All of the press clippings mentioned are from the UK (early to mid 80's) - I used to obsessively buy anything that had a mention of U2 !!

Cheers :wave:

VINYL
40 (How Long) / Two HeartsGermany 1983 105807-100
I Will Follow Eire1980 S CBS 9065
A Day without me UK / Eire1980 S CBS 8905
Gloria Eire 1981 CBSA 1718
New Years Day (Double Pack) UK 1982 UWIP 6848 Double Pack single
11 O'Clock Tick Tock Eire 1980 S CBS 8687
Two Hearts Beat as One UK1983 IS 109
A Celebration Eire 1982 CBSA 2214
Fire Eire 1981 CBSA 1376
Another Day Eire 1980 CBS 8306 Ireland Only Release
The Unforgettable Fire UK1984 ISD 220 Double Pack single
Pride UK 1984 ISD 202 Double Pack single
Three Eire 1979 CBS 7951 Ireland Only Release
Two Hearts Beat as One UK 1983 ISD 109 Double Pack single
Pride 12" UK 1984 12IS202
U2 ROK Fire 12" Germany 1981 S600417
Pride blue sleeve (11 O'Clock Tick Tock) 12" UK 1984 ISX202
Bono Limited Edition interview disc UK1986 MM1212

All vinyl in very good condition. Some minor scuffs on sleeves but all records very well cared for.

PICTURES
2 x Autographed U2 pictures authenticated by postcard from Sister Sister - both sized 250 x 208mm. Both from 1983.

2 x Original live B & W Photo's - one of Bono, one of Edge - both look very young! circa 1982. Both pics sized approx 252 x 107.

PUBLICATIONS
Fan Club newsletters issues 1, 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 & 16. Issue 1 dated November 1981. Issue 16 dated Autumn / Fall 85.
Propoganda - Issue 5
U2 Special Edition magazine "An anthem for the eighties". Published in 1987
Official 1984 Tour programme (Europe & USA). 40 pages plus 8 page double gatefolded cover.

Personally signed "Dear friend" letters and postcards from Sister Sister.

Folder containing Press clippinngs of obsessive fan! All from early to mid 80's - all from UK publications. Folder includes badges (some showing their age). 53 pages of content - includes ticket stub from 5th Nov 1984 (Edinburgh) and Fanclub badges from 1984 & 1985.

This collection was caringly looked after and compiled by a real fan. This is a unique collection - all postcards from Sister Sister are handwritten and all letters hand signed.

I would be posting these from New Zealand.

prices on the items

Hi,
What are the prices of the items that you're selling?

Hi there, I am hoping to sell this as a whole collection rather than piece by piece. Maybe I am being optimistic in thinking that someone would buy the whole lot - I would be interested in your opinion.

It was a difficult decision to make to sell this as U2 meant so much to me at the time (I was obsessive to say the least!!!) and I don't really want to sell things off piece meal if I can help it.

I would sell everything for around $1,000 US which if anything is probably underpriced but in today's financial climate I think it is fair !!

Some of the Sister Sister stuff is really interesting. You tend to forget that U2 weren't always the world conquering band they are now - on one of the postcards (in answer to my question) it states "The reason there hasn't been a video released is because there isnt a big enough demand Sorry!" Who knew!!!!!!!:hyper:
If I can get my scanner to work, I may post some of this stuff in the forums somewhere.

Cheers

Gav

U2 items

Well, no way could I afford $1,000 for the lot, altough I am sure it's worth it. Some of the items I already have, so I was just looking at the items that I would need for my collection.

Im intrested in some of your items but I do seem to alread have some of the items you have so.............................:hmm:

edit: Thanks you for posting the pictures I have some of the fanzines but I'm intrested in some more. Im not much into album/record collecting, but there are in your collection I might want some that you have :hmm:

Hi there, If you let me know the ones you are interested in, maybe we could come to an agreement. People have asked me about individual items so maybe that is the way to go. Cheers, Gav :hmm:

Hi there, Sorry for the delayed response. The 3 is a 7" and is the re-issue. it is shown as having a value of $75 US here but I think they are changing hands for around $95 at the moment. Let me know which vinyl you are interested in and we can talk.

I have all of the Studio albums up to The Joshua Tree on vinyl which if you bought the rest you could have (if you want them that is!). I don't think they will have any commercial value but at least you will have covers with no barcodes. I wouldn't guarantee the quality of the vinyl on the albums as I played them to death! The singles I taped and put away so rarely played.

I also have Under a Blood Red Sky with the full version of Electric Co. - I think this is worth around $25 - $30 but if we agree a price on the rest of the vinyl, you can have this as well.

Thanks for the interest

Cheers

Gav

Hi, I have included below the prices I would like to get for each item - I am not sure of postage costs but could work this out depending on where the items are to be sent to (if you have a Fedex or UPS account, it may be cheaper for you to organise).

40 (How Long) / Two Hearts Beat as one $95

I Will Follow $40

A Day without me $30

Gloria $30

New Years Day (Double Pack) $30

11 O'Clock Tick Tock $35

Two Hearts Beat as One $30

A Celebration $35

Fire $30

Another Day $60

The Unforgettable Fire $30

Pride $20

Three $95

Two Hearts Beat as One $20

Pride 12" $12

U2 ROK Fire 12" $24

Pride blue sleeve (11 O'Clock Tick Tock) 12" $18

Bono Limited Edition interview disc $20

Fanclub magazine issues 1, 2,3 4, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 & 16 $100

Propoganda issue 5 $10

U2 Special Edition magazine $10

Signed Pictures x 2 $350

Original B & W stage photos Bono and Edge $50

Official 1984 tour programme (US & Europe) $20

Letters and postcards from Sister Sister $30

Press clippinngs from early 80's inc badges and postcard from Sister Sister. 53 pages. Includes ticket stub from 5th Nov 1984 (Edinburgh). Fanclub badges from 1984 & 1985 $40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom