U2 DTS albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

opinables

Babyface
hi!
i need some help for a curious problem: i have found some u2 albums, called Zooropa DTS surround or The Joshua Tree DTS...
so I started searching some informations about this DTS system; this is what i found:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Theater_System

i've tried to listen to Zooropa album and the sound quality is excellent; in fact, I have a sound blaster live on my pc with a 5.1 system and the experience was amazing: i've never heard a sound like this... rear and front are perfectly divided and seems like the sound is different for any speaker.

My question is: have the u2 recorded some albums with this system? or maybe this is only an unofficial post-process?
at the moment i have found only 4 albums: The joshua tree, Achtung Baby, Pop and Zooropa

thx for the patience
byeee

I think there are DTS versions of 6-7 of U2's albums floating around out there...I have the files, but haven't burned yet as I don't have a dts-capable player...

they are created using very nice software, which takes the original stereo sound and remixes it into 5.1/dts...nice!

Be great when/if they are done by U2 officially...i can definitley sense a beatles re-release of the whole catalogue in dts one day, then we'll have to buy them alol over again!

Back
Top Bottom