U2 collectibles in Ireland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mariaisbert

Babyface
Hi, my name is Maria, and I live in Cartagena, Spain. I will soon (june 2003) be visiting Ireland, and I would like to know places to find U2 collectibles there, specially in Dublin.

I have been told there is a good place called Rock Collector, if someone can tell me any other, please go ahead and do it! :)

Last edited:
I live in Dublin and record collector is a rip-off !! Big Time!! I personally will give you anything in that shop for less!! It sucks, they are just taking advantage of non-nationals !!! Sorry but I feel very passionate about this shop ripping off people!

U2LIVECD said:
I live in Dublin and record collector is a rip-off !! Big Time!! I personally will give you anything in that shop for less!! It sucks, they are just taking advantage of non-nationals !!! Sorry but I feel very passionate about this shop ripping off people!

Thanks for sending the URL and for your pieces of advice.

Although, besides buying, it was also for the couriosity of seing material that is almost impossible to find in Spain.

Greetz!

I lived in Dublin, if you are referring to the shop near the Clarence Hotel you're right, they are really expensive!!
When i was there the last time i discovered they were selling VCD's made with videos taken from many u2 sites (mine too).
So they are making money on something that should be free.

Doh!

Hi again, folks

I am going to give you my email address, so that you can tell me places related to U2 to visit in Ireland (Pubs, shops or whatever). I am talking about not obvious places, like their hotel, recording studios, and so on...

My address is mariajoseis@hotmail.com. Write soon! :sexywink:

Last edited:
In October, that store by the Clarence hotel(what street is it on-I've forgotten already)was the only time I saw anything U2 for sale...
I thought there would be more available in Dublin...I didn't buy anything special, but I got all versions of the "Electrical Storm" single...there is a CD store(HMV??)and the bottom floor has so many U2 singles, be prepared. I could have bought them all, and had no $$$ left. They also had a few tshirts that I had never seen before.

Thanks for your piece of info.

Of course I will visit that CD store, if you can be more accurate with its address, it will help.....

I will take with me a empty travel bag to fill, and a full credit card to spend :)

I was at that CD store by the Clarence (Rhythm Records on Aston Quay), but it seemed all they had was a lot of expensive bootlegs that you can get for free. I didn't buy anything there.

Although I also bought all of the versions of the Electrical Storm video at the HMV on Grafton St.

Are there any second hand record and book stores that would have U2 stuff. I'm planning to visit Ireland this summer. There must be some other stores for U2 stuff.

critter said:
Are there any second hand record and book stores that would have U2 stuff. I'm planning to visit Ireland this summer. There must be some other stores for U2 stuff.

Here you can find a full article in spanish on that matter:

http://www.u2eastlink.com/afondo/dublin/dublin06.php

if you cannot understand spanish, you can use this online translator:

http://www.freetranslation.com/

If you still need help to understand it, don't hesitate, tell me, and I will help you.... :angel:

Last edited:
ramblin rose said:
I was at that CD store by the Clarence (Rhythm Records on Aston Quay), but it seemed all they had was a lot of expensive bootlegs that you can get for free. I didn't buy anything there.

Although I also bought all of the versions of the Electrical Storm video at the HMV on Grafton St.

Thank you also for your help, I have found a good bunch of places to go.... :rolleyes:

Thanks, mariaisbert, for letting me know about the Spanish article. Have a great trip. I hope to be visiting Dublin at the end of July.
Kathy

I live in Dublin and scour the city every month for rare bootlegs, live cd's, collectibles and the only shops worth visiting are:

1.Rhythm Records on Aston Quay
2. Borderline Records in Temple Bar
3. Record Collector on Wicklow Street
4. HMV grafton Street

Thats it!

or of course i forgot

5. My Gaf

U2LIVECD said:
I live in Dublin and scour the city every month for rare bootlegs, live cd's, collectibles and the only shops worth visiting are:

1.Rhythm Records on Aston Quay
2. Borderline Records in Temple Bar
3. Record Collector on Wicklow Street
4. HMV grafton Street

Thats it!

or of course i forgot

5. My Gaf

Thx for your info.

I am now planning my trip, so I am also looking for a place to sleep in Dublin, do you know a good place?

Finally, my trip is booked!

I would like to thank you all for all for the info you sent me, either from this forum or through e-mail. It has been very useful for planning my trip.

See you in Dublin! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom