U2 at the Ritz (NYC)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MBH

Acrobat
Originally posted by tackleberry:
This is probably a shot in the dark. But does anyone know where I can find a bootleg of their 1st ever performance in the U.S. on Dec. 6 1980. This was also the 1st performance at the famous New York City club, The Ritz. Can anyone help??? I am so eager to get my hands on this gem.

Actually, I think their 1st US performance was at The Paradise Theater in Boston. Either way, good luck getting your hands on either of these....

Originally posted by MBH:
Actually, I think their 1st US performance was at The Paradise Theater in Boston. Either way, good luck getting your hands on either of these....

Actually tackleberry is correct. 12-6-80 NY at the Ritz was U2's first performance in the U.S. The Boston Paradise Theater show on 12-13-80 was their 7th U.S. performance.

I've never seen or heard of a recording from that date and I'll venture to guess that if it existed it would surely have been released by now. I could be wrong though...

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP

This is probably a shot in the dark. But does anyone know where I can find a bootleg of their 1st ever performance in the U.S. on Dec. 6 1980. This was also the 1st performance at the famous New York City club, The Ritz. Can anyone help??? I am so eager to get my hands on this gem.

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

I have Last Night at the Ritz, 11/22/81 if that's what you're thinking about... if you're interested email me at ultraviolet_baby@hotmail.com

------------------

What in God's name have you done?
Stick your arm for some real fun...
Rest in peace Layne.

Get on board and have some fun -
Take What you need to turn you on...

Back
Top Bottom