U2-3 First Edition Value

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cassiel U21

Babyface
Hello!
Long time fan over 20 years now and 29 shows.
I was fortunate to have purchased one of the famous 1,000 in Dublin sometime ago and was trying to get some information on what its currently worth? I've not had alot of luck thus far I've found info on the other 7 editions but not the first. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance, sorry for the size of the photos I got em as small as I could

My copy fits the first edition description on U2-3.com

u2-3.com _ about

"About the first issue of the 12" single “U2-3”

Record label: CBS Ireland
Catalog No.: 12-7951
Release: 1979
Cover: CBS Sleeve with hand-numbered sticker.
Label: Ireland is spelled correctly. The band's names appear on both sides of the record near the label in the dead wax. “Made in England” on bottom. Bold typeface for “U2”. Stereo is written in big letters (STEREO). No CBS inc. on bottom of the label.
Sticker: Hand-numbered by Jackie Hayden. All copies have either black or blue ink numbers."

U23Cover.jpg

U23Vinyl.jpg

I think I've seen them auction on eBay for around $1700 - $1900, US, I think. You can look it up on Popsike.com, it's a good reference.

One thing I've noticed, U2 records seem to go down a bit in value on eBay when they aren't "active" (on tour, new album, etc). If you're looking to sell, I'd wait until they release something new.

Thanks for bein quick on that! I checked popsike and the prices there and it looks pretty spot on.
What you said makes perfect sense about value going up when they're out and about.

Back
Top Bottom