The Question: tickets for the next tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Earl-Of-IMDb

War Child
How can I:huh: get tickets for the next U2 North American tour? even when i'm not a member of U2's website or any other sites/? Can I get them right at the entrence of the general admission, as in going to the stadium and buying it at the entrence or ticketmaster? I heard these tickets are tough to get.

So those in my position, how did you got tickets for the show? I don't want to sneek in and pretend to be a delivery boy delivering pizzas to the band or something, I want to walk in The front door!

what I want to do is buy a ticket ASAP in that way to avoid the 2 to 3 minute sold out thing.

also, prices!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Seriously. I'm guessing U2 won't go on tour until at least 2009. So get ready to wait a year and a half.

HOWEVER.

1. Ticketmaster (ticketmaster.com) -- tickets are usually available online, though they go fast.

2. Ticketmaster (phone number) -- you can call the day the tickets go on-sale and try to get them that way.

3. EBay. Most ticket touts sell tickets online through EBay or other websites. They are woefully overpriced, but there you go. ETS, an entertainment packaging company, used to sell packages to the shows as well -- you'd get a ticket to the show, a ticket to some ETS party, and sometimes a ticket on a bus to the show. I think they went out of business though. (They used to advertise here.)

4. Day-Of Tickets. U2 usually releases a small number of tickets the day of the show, to try to beat the scalpers at their own game. If you go to the venue and queue up early enough, you can probably score tickets this way.

Hope this helps (in two years)!

Last edited:
martha said:
Get an account with Ticketmaster right now. That speeds things up considerably when buying tickets online.

And make sure you keep your credit card info up to date with TM. Nothing sucks more than getting to the purchase screen and realizing that it's past the Expiration Date on the CC you have on file.

All great advice so far, and I admire anyone so eager as to want to know how to get tickets so far in advance.
I think Spring 2009 is a reasonable time to expect a new tour. What you can do until then is make lots of U2 friends (who often have a spare ticket to trade or sell), plan what cities you might want to see the band in (if more than just your hometown show) and SAVE MONEY. Sure there might be "cheap" GA tix, but be ready to drop $150-$200 just to get a seat in the building.

Mark

ticketmaster is tough. i tried getting GA tickets for Vertigo Tour, and I was waiting on my computer starting at 9:00 for the 10:00 release time. as soon as it turned 10:00, i clicked "buy", and it made me wait 15 minutes before telling me the tickets were sold out. I kept trying after htat, but to no avail. apparently, 34095809435 people beat me to clicking that button by .00000004 nanoseconds, because of the high demand.

Personally, if possible I'd recommend getting up really early and going and physically buying the tickets. That way, you're better guaranteed one. Depends on what part of the world you're in though.

Earl-Of-IMDb said:
How can I:huh: get tickets for the next U2 North American tour? even when i'm not a member of U2's website or any other sites/? Can I get them right at the entrence of the general admission, as in going to the stadium and buying it at the entrence or ticketmaster? I heard these tickets are tough to get.

So those in my position, how did you got tickets for the show? I don't want to sneek in and pretend to be a delivery boy delivering pizzas to the band or something, I want to walk in The front door!

what I want to do is buy a ticket ASAP in that way to avoid the 2 to 3 minute sold out thing.

also, prices!

Thanks!
What you don't wanna do is get into a ticketmaster line. Buy them online and have the fastest browser you can. Already sign in and have your details up to date, including delivery address and credit card number because I've heard of people filling these in after they got tickets and they lost them.

Don't give up hope if all tickets sell out, as U2 sometimes adds dates within minutes.

My browser on my older Mac froze because ticketmaster totally failed me, as they often do. I foolishly ran across the block to get in a line-up, waited for an hour and got nothing. Stay with the computer and keep trying.

Perhaps try the last date in your city first.

Re: Re: The Question: tickets for the next tour

My browser on my older Mac froze because ticketmaster totally failed me, as they often do. I foolishly ran across the block to get in a line-up, waited for an hour and got nothing. Stay with the computer and keep trying.

Perhaps try the last date in your city first.

I've had problems with Safari and Ticketmaster. I don't know if it's better now, but I'm certainly not going to find out the hard way. If you use a Mac, go with Firefox for your browser and TM. And, find the fastest internet connection you can---your's, your friend's, school, wherever.

Mark

tuwie said:
ticketmaster is tough. i tried getting GA tickets for Vertigo Tour, and I was waiting on my computer starting at 9:00 for the 10:00 release time. as soon as it turned 10:00, i clicked "buy", and it made me wait 15 minutes before telling me the tickets were sold out. I kept trying after htat, but to no avail. apparently, 34095809435 people beat me to clicking that button by .00000004 nanoseconds, because of the high demand.

QFTMFT!!!

That exact same thing has happened to me more than once! :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom