The Definitive What The Heck Are Those Shades Bono is Wearing Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, exactly. I've noticed that in the left arm there is like a circle logo, but in the right arm there is the brand or some kinds of logos. See the pics I've attached :sexywink:

Attachments

• Schermata 2015-05-30 alle 20.36.12.jpg
    Schermata 2015-05-30 alle 20.36.12.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Schermata 2015-05-30 alle 20.36.25.jpg
    Schermata 2015-05-30 alle 20.36.25.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Schermata 2015-05-30 alle 20.38.09.jpg
    Schermata 2015-05-30 alle 20.38.09.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 2
well Bono gave his glasses to a child in LA concert.

11391129_1094849017195706_9142701304490687852_n.jpg

Where did you find that pic?
Can you find another picture? Maybe with the inside of the arms or just tell us the brand.

i found the picture in facebook wall, of the child's father. they are mexican fans. i have inbox this person to tell me if he can check brand of the sunglasses, but have not received answer yet.

check at the end of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqznnJjMNpw&sns=em

so that's why Bono wears other different pair of shades on last concert (different arms, and not square lenses, but regular aviator lenses)

Okay, now, Revo. I've searched the model but it's impossible to find. :ohmy:

I can't find it either. I want a pair!!

seems these are not available for sale.

Kevin Byrne [facebook] I made a query to Revo re: this design / model, and according to their reps, these sunglasses - the ones he's now wearing on the #ietour - were specially designed for him and are not currently available for sale. So ... it looks like it's a "wait and see" if they ever do become available for public purchase.
Like · Reply · 22 mins ·

in the other hand U2Valencia says is model RB 1002 03 and that it will be available soon.

Revo RB 1002 03 - Bono 2015 - U2Valencia.com - U2 Fan Club - U2Spain.com
*info in spanish

"Hi Ricardo,
Thank you for your interest in Revo! The frames that Bono is seen wearing were specially designed for him and are not currently available for sale. However, they are based on the Raconteur which you can buy in our current lens palette http://www.revo.com/performance-sunglasses/raconteur?color_filter=Blue+Water&lens_color=Gunmetal. Be sure to sign up for our emails at Revo.com, Like us on Facebook and Follow us Instagram for the most up-to-date news and brand information.
Have a Fantastic day!
Revo Support
www.revo.com
customerservice@revo.com"

Today I have also received a very similar answer :sad:

Revo Customer Support SF (Revo Support)
Jun 2, 08:01
Hi Martin,
Thank you for your interest in Revo! The frames that Bono is seen wearing were specially designed for him and are not currently available for sale. Be sure to sign up for our emails at Revo.com, Like us on Facebook and Follow us Instagram for the most up-to-date news and brand information.
Have a Fantastic day!
Revo Support
www.revo.com
customerservice@revo.com

They told me that also. But they used the word currently, not sure maybe they'll release them soon. :crack:

Sounds to me like we just have to be patient because he and Revo are partnering to put out glasses that the public will buy and proceeds will benefit people suffering from blindness in developing countries. Sounds like a worthwhile reason to wait :)

Before Luxottica took over, old Revos used to be made of glass and a shiny blue film. Long ago they were marketed as "astronaut" sunglasses. The shiny blue film was the "supposed" to be the same as what was on an astronaut helmet.

Surprised Bono went with Revo.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

^ I am, too. I don't want to say they're cheap, but I've always viewed them as more functional than fashionable. Like Oakleys etc. But maybe what he needs most now is functional :shrug:

Sent from my ass crack

By cheap, How much approx $ for a pair are u talking?

Compared to say new armani's i believe were $300 give or take back in 05, and bulgari's were about that much in '11.

Oh okay, thats decent at least. I was fearing him associating himself with an $85 cheapo brand.

What is your guys opinions on possibly putting his name to these Revos for future public sale? Im fine with it if its done similar to the RED armani campaign from around 05- even thou it was RED and wasnt his own name on them, i assume it was largely his fan base scooping them up. Sure there may be the odd rich guy buying them purely for fashion without knowing anything about the U2/Bono association, but mostly his fans i would guess.
So for this supoosed Revo campiagn, i hope its done as 'discreetly' as the armani campiagn. Avail to be tracked down online etc, but as good of a charitable purpose as it may be, i dont really desire to see him advertising them all over Sunglass Hut

I found a pretty close version of Bono's new REVO sunglasses:

Revo RE3089 GROUND SPEED 59 Blue & Silver Polarized Sunglasses | Sunglass Hut USA

They're not the same exact ones (temples are a bit smaller) but they're not too bad for someone looking for the general look.

I just ordered these guys - I know they are not the exact same pair, but I do like them (thanks for posting). I'm most curious how the lenses will look. Will they be see through similar to Bono's or opaque? I'll let you guys know once they arrive. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom