The Definitive What The Heck Are Those Shades Bono is Wearing Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You are welcome my U2 friend, so sometimes try to check ebay and I hope you will find your favorite color :wave:. Thi is the best way to grabe them.

Thanks for the info and link with pictures! I've always confused the 2 shades of KJ1. In fact, I even bought the wrong one I was intending.

Anyone have a near mint EA 9285s KJ1/95 and would like to trade it for my KJ1/NA ?

Original FLY SUNGLASSES (Vintage) 4 SALE

Achtung Y'll,

Please find below 3 precious IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND OUT sunglasses

These pairs are vintage, ORIGINALS - BRAND NEW

This model, belongs to the infamous and original FLY SHADES Bono wore in Brown color back in 1991 for the fly video but also during the entire zoo tv tour in 1992.

Made in Italy
PayPal or Western Union as payment method accepted

Here some pics for your reference:

AQUA/BLUE
Price: 190€ + Shipping

flyaqua.jpg

GREY
Price: 250€ + Shipping

flygrey.jpg

BROWN
Price: 300€ + Shipping

flybrown.jpg

Any questions, please send email:
info@theflyshades.com

hey collectors, what would be a good/fair price for a pair of D&G 2138 in excellent condition? Thanks in advance

hey collectors, what would be a good/fair price for a pair of D&G 2138 in excellent condition? Thanks in advance

Quote:
Normal price for that sunglasses in excellent condition is approximately 300 USD, of course it´s depend on model - color lenses. :hmm:

Before the opening show of the IE Tour, Bono was wearing Tom Ford "Ryder" Sunglasses in Vancouver...so...mu guess goes to Tom Ford "Edward Square" used on Tour.

No Tom Ford.
None has the same arms than the aviator he's wearing on stage...

Bono's doesn't have the classic "bridge protector" that original aviator styles have, either. I'm probably not using the right terminology for it.

In cruising thru the Tom Ford catalog, tho, I have to say that the FT 0380 (in colorway 14B) are one damn smart pair of shades. Might have to cop me a pair ;)

Anyways, here's a really good shot, should be more than enough to go on:

17499402750_7772e0fdc8_b.jpg

These shades are actually kinda sick, for once he's a bit more up to date. lol. I think they're going to be a "big fit" kind of shades, but I can definitely see myself wanting them.

Bono's doesn't have the classic "bridge protector" that original aviator styles have, either. I'm probably not using the right terminology for it.

In cruising thru the Tom Ford catalog, tho, I have to say that the FT 0380 (in colorway 14B) are one damn smart pair of shades. Might have to cop me a pair ;)

Anyways, here's a really good shot, should be more than enough to go on:

17499402750_7772e0fdc8_b.jpg

These shades are actually kinda sick, for once he's a bit more up to date. lol. I think they're going to be a "big fit" kind of shades, but I can definitely see myself wanting them.

Still no guess. Checked aviator from Dior, Chanel, Vuitton, Bvlgari, Armani, Maui Jim, Oliver People's, exte, Revo, Burberry, d&g, Gucci, Tom Ford, Zegna, Prada... It's never the exact same arms. The closest were Burberrys...

No guess too...

I'm a bit disapointed about these shades.... not the "shades" itself, but, i'm used to see Bono wearing THE shades, different shades, (bvlgari, mikli) etc etc....

And now....aviators. not ray ban, but...aviators. they're cool to wear off stage, but...aviators... Isn't the BONO SHADES!!!..it's some cool "aviators"

No guess too...

I'm a bit disapointed about these shades.... not the "shades" itself, but, i'm used to see Bono wearing THE shades, different shades, (bvlgari, mikli) etc etc....

And now..._aviators. not ray ban, but.._aviators. they're cool to wear off stage, but.._aviators... Isn't the BONO SHADES!!!..it's some cool "aviators"

Sad but true : Bman is getting older...:doh:

Those arms are really distinctive. Surely only one or two brands that feature that uniquely. Is that some sort of stone/crystal embedded the arm, also? I like these a lot, don't know what you guys are bemoaning. His last few pairs, while certainly unique to him, have been decidedly dated and not really fashionable.

Sent from my ass crack

Yap, agree.

Another guess: LANVIN.... i think the arms must be from the brand LANVIN. Google it: "Lanvin metal aviator sunglasses"

I got three more pictures.

Here are the pictures from an interview. I don't think that's a diamond embedded but has more the look of a logo. No Chanel; Versace; Valentino.
Hope this will help you guys! :hmm::sexywink:

Attachments

• Schermata 2015-05-22 alle 23.42.26.jpg
    Schermata 2015-05-22 alle 23.42.26.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Schermata 2015-05-22 alle 23.42.51.jpg
    Schermata 2015-05-22 alle 23.42.51.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Schermata 2015-05-22 alle 23.43.29.jpg
    Schermata 2015-05-22 alle 23.43.29.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 2
Thanks, very cool pics.

Nobody knows someone who knows someone, that knows someone, from the tour staff to ask directly to Bono?

It's hard. The problem is that they can be shades from a brand already spoken here, but a model that is only sold in the near future.:hmm:

Also hoping

Thanks, very cool pics.

Nobody knows someone who knows someone, that knows someone, from the tour staff to ask directly to Bono?

It's hard. The problem is that they can be shades from a brand already spoken here, but a model that is only sold in the near future.:hmm:

Yeah, that will be great. But, dude, I don't know. Let's begin with the lenses: Bono used this pair of sunglasses also in the interview with Jimmy Fallon. In that interview lenses were dark blue, but now, for the tour, lenses are light purple (near to the rosé).
The frame is large aviator (I suppose 49mm).
We should find big pictures so we could see the logo and find the brand.

Found the brand (maybe) not really sure but the logo is pretty similar...
"Electric" is the brand.
:hmm:

Attachments

• 71-lXvw6xtL._UL1500_.jpg
    71-lXvw6xtL._UL1500_.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 2
They're pretty similar to Electric AV2, but... not the same model. The sunglasses that bono is wearing have a bridge that goes from a temple to another. This "AV2" have a normal bridge. Maybe could be an Electric model that is not on the Electric website.

Back
Top Bottom