The Definitive What The Heck Are Those Shades Bono is Wearing Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brand: Chrome Hearts
Model: Drag King 1
Color: Violet (not a color for sale. just for Bono)
Price: Exorbitant

I think he looks positively silly in most of these aviators other than the LVs

Hopefully he's wearing out the style
till the tour starts and then is going for something better for the tour proper.

Not surprisingly, I'm not a big fan of how these look on me, either :lol:

Sent from my ass crack

I agree with you GVOX. I think this aviator style is beautiful but its relatively normal for a rock and roll icon as Bono. We see everyday people with counterfeit ray ban's buying big mac's on macdonals. Personally i like to see Bono with sunglasses that make the difference, like Mikli, Bvlgari or Flyshades.

Fly_Poa thanks for the video. my doubt is gone about the color of 8025. It's not 970/13. It's another color just for Bono, not a catalog color - metallic gray.

here's more for sale:
D&G 2138 g35 & 37
RG 191/s 545
EA 9285 826 red collection
Mikli 3024 13109
miumiu 51c bronze&salmon&black lenses ( dont sell seperatly )
bvlgari 8025 966/8
Popmart pressconference diesel rep

Greets

( i forgot how to post pics so anyone? )

are these Mikli sunglasses? it seems so. looks like 3214 or AL0871
scene from the movie Lucy

vlcsnap-2015-01-19-17h42m34s205.png

vlcsnap-2015-01-19-17h45m43s75.png

vlcsnap-2015-01-19-17h43m52s238.png

Hi there,

As some of you know I have some real vintage fly shades, the real ones from 1973-74.

I have sold several for a thousand US dollars, but I still have one which I am willing to sell.
But this last one I want to sell for a mere 800$

Anyone intrested?

Hi there, some of you asked pictures, so I added some

the brown one, left side arm is used as a replacement for bono his fly shades as seen in this picture

Bono broke his pair several times, but he had replacements ;)

I wonder if he also had one of these?

here another of the blue and brown one in a darker lighting

And yes these are all for sale.

Guys, I am planning to sell most of my few remaining shades.

So :
- EA 9285 (Vertigo Era) : Pink (a few scratches), Gradient Grey (Mint), Dark Avio Smoke (Mint), Olive with gold arms (Mint)
- EA 9477 (that inspire 9592) : brown and gradient Pink (Mint)
- EA 9592 : Brown (from the sky down documentary) - Mint
- Marc Jacobs 227 (Invisible Vid) : Gold (Mint) and Blue (a few scratches)
- Romeo Gigli 226 : Brown Lenses and Gold rim (Mint)
- Ray Ban 8307 : blue lenses (Ordinary Love Acoustic) - Mint

All coming with box.

just PM me or send me an email @ : mathieu_romero@hotmail.com.

Guys, I am planning to sell most of my few remaining shades.

So :
- EA 9285 (Vertigo Era) : Pink (a few scratches), Gradient Grey (Mint), Dark Avio Smoke (Mint), Olive with gold arms (Mint)
- EA 9477 (that inspire 9592) : brown and gradient Pink (Mint)
- EA 9592 : Brown (from the sky down documentary) - Mint
- Marc Jacobs 227 (Invisible Vid) : Gold (Mint) and Blue (a few scratches)
- Romeo Gigli 226 : Brown Lenses and Gold rim (Mint)
- Ray Ban 8307 : blue lenses (Ordinary Love Acoustic) - Mint

All coming with box.

just PM me or send me an email @ : mathieu_romero@hotmail.com.

Update :
EA 9285 gradient grey + 9285 Dark Avio + EA 9592 + RG 226 are sold.?

are these Mikli sunglasses? it seems so. looks like 3214 or AL0871
scene from the movie Lucy

vlcsnap-2015-01-19-17h42m34s205.png

vlcsnap-2015-01-19-17h45m43s75.png

vlcsnap-2015-01-19-17h43m52s238.png

Breaking news from Mikli : the shades in the movie are an ultra limited edition of the AL0871. They are sold in 3 different colors : gold (like in the movie), full black and grey. Code : 0A04001B.
http://www.alainmikli.com/models_alain_mikli.php?model=0A04001&filtreLun=projets1&segment=B

Just ordered a full black one...

3 years ago I put many pressure on Mikli for reissueing the 3214... They finally done it... But with the AL0871.

Breaking news from Mikli : the shades in the movie are an ultra limited edition of the AL0871. They are sold in 3 different colors : gold (like in the movie), full black and grey. Code : 0A04001B.
collection alain mikli

Just ordered a full black one...

3 years ago I put many pressure on Mikli for reissueing the 3214... They finally done it... But with the AL0871.

Received mine today...
Just wonderful. Lighter than AL0871 and really "full black".
Mikli is such talented.

Hi my dear collectors, I´d like to share my joy with you. So, my last added baby - Bvlgari 611 emerald green :drool: with brand new lenses and another separate lenses which are for sale if anybody interested. Bono wore them in October 2001 in Letterman show. Now my BV 611 collection completed with 7 models: light blue, dark blue, citrus, emerald green, rose, dark grey (customized only for Bono - used in Elevation video as a devil), dark green :wave:
BVLGARI_611_emerald_U2_forum_zpsbmsyxyz5.jpg

Boltiziar- i was looking at your photobucket pics- great collection and well presented!

It prompted a question about the EA 9285's. I understood there were only 5 color shades, but you have a 6th shown....i believe the darkest one in the front is the one i am not familiar with. Which color code is this? Or did u create it yourself by putting different EA lenses on 9285's arms? Any info on it would be great, thanks

I, just like Mathieu, last week got the new Limited Edition A04001 2750 (all black) pair from Alain Mikli and...wow! Just wow. Love them and so comfortable. Just like the 3214 too. The box and presentation are what is expected from Mikli: work of art. I will change the dark lens to red, like during the PopMart days. Stay tuned!

Hi Marik, thank you :) So the official colors of Emporio Armani 9285 are 6 not 5. See this page webpage: Model: Emporio Armani EA 9285S - giarre.com Sunglasses
The darkest (black) model has this code: EA KJ1/95.

Boltiziar- i was looking at your photobucket pics- great collection and well presented!

It prompted a question about the EA 9285's. I understood there were only 5 color shades, but you have a 6th shown....i believe the darkest one in the front is the one i am not familiar with. Which color code is this? Or did u create it yourself by putting different EA lenses on 9285's arms? Any info on it would be great, thanks

Bobby - you look great with this new Mikli :up:. Perfect new avatar! So how is the color of the rim? :hmm: Fully black? PLS can you upload more pics? THX.

I, just like Mathieu, last week got the new Limited Edition A04001 2750 (all black) pair from Alain Mikli and...wow! Just wow. Love them and so comfortable. Just like the 3214 too. The box and presentation are what is expected from Mikli: work of art. I will change the dark lens to red, like during the PopMart days. Stay tuned!

Hi Marik, thank you :) So the official colors of Emporio Armani 9285 are 6 not 5. See this page webpage: Model: Emporio Armani EA 9285S - giarre.com Sunglasses
The darkest (black) model has this code: EA KJ1/95.

Thanks for the info and link with pictures! I've always confused the 2 shades of KJ1. In fact, I even bought the wrong one I was intending.

Anyone have a near mint EA 9285s KJ1/95 and would like to trade it for my KJ1/NA ?

Back
Top Bottom