the brand new kick ass bono shades thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gabriel- a few pages back i posted some picts of me wearing the brown 9294...the frames are more of a pewter then gold w/brown plastic arms...i havent taken these off yet
they come in pink, faded grey, faded brown, red and dark brown/green

I will be in Hong Kong in the next couple of months. I'll definitely pick up the red if I see them. The store I bought my 9294 from only have fade grey. And they don't seem to do individual orders but I never really asked. I'll phone them and ask if they can order me some red.

Hi badger, do you happen know the color code of the red 9294. I went searching all over town today and one store's computer show there are 4 total colors available. They couldn't tell me which one is the red color nor what kind of red it is (not on catalog). Another store said there are the faded red, faded grey and the faded brown. And what about that red 9294 on that chinese website, is that the red color or the pink? Thx

Last edited:
Moonwalker_13 said:
Color code of the red 9294 is this one : EA 9294 - 010
and for info Faded brown ones are EA 9294 - GKR.

cheers :)

I am pretty sure those are the codes for the frame color. I need the lens code.

The linked page still doesn't show the last two digit of the model number that represent the lens color. But I guess this could be faded red (010/AD). I'll go ask the store tomorrow. Thanks

Those arms look ugly from the front, they look BENT. Is it just me? And those red ones still look pink 2 me.

slightly off topic. but does anyone know what model these are:

sem6.jpg

i notice they are from the Giorgio Armani collection :hmm:

armani 1535.

Previous model to the Emporio 9285, now discontinued because the cheap arm to frame connector used to break very very easily (hence the new desgin of the EA 9285)

Do you people think Bono's wearing the 9294s, here?

57428797px2.jpg

They don't look as "wraparound" as the 9285s and instead of a bright pink, the earpieces seem to have a darker, more ruby colour. Just like the 9294 shown below. The lenses also seem to be slightly different in colour and shape

ea9294uc5.jpg

yes he is :yes:

look at the lense between the arms. its smaller than the 9285's.

also the logo is COEXIST instead of (RED).

waynetravis said:
the darkest shades in the EA 9285's is the KJ195.

i got them and they are jet black :drool:

Ohhh! I'll have to look into them for the summer. The summer really kills my eyes and I need something black.

Any pictures? Please.

Thanks Wayne sweetie.

AntonCorbijn said:

57428797px2.jpg

They don't look as "wraparound" as the 9285s and instead of a bright pink, the earpieces seem to have a darker, more ruby colour. Just like the 9294 shown below. The lenses also seem to be slightly different in colour and shape

ea9294uc5.jpg

:hmm: They look like it BUT if you look hard at the plastic part of the arms that bono wearing it is bright pink just like the 9285's and the plastic part of the pink 9294 is like maroon

waynetravis said:
here is one:

DSCF0102.gif

i'll try to take some more :hmm:

Niiiiiiice!!! Now if you were the salesman they would be sold. Where was that picture taken the scenery is beautiful.

I am putting them on my birthday list!!!!

Last edited:
AntonCorbijn said:

57428797px2.jpg

ea9294uc5.jpg

From the shape of the lens, they are definitely the 9285, not the 9294. They are a custom pair for sure.

I am picking up the red 9294 later today. Will post some pic soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom