the brand new kick ass bono shades thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's ok for me, i can understand the whole thing :wink:

Now to start all anew, did you guys check out the bvlgari 2007 collection ?

Found nothing interesting or bonoesque, i don't really like what they created :/

and you ? found some interesting stuff on 2007 collections in any brand ?

I actually were just looking at the collection and I found nothing good on the bvlgari 2007...

has anybody gotten the 549 all grey??and how dark is this grey???i have the 549 green which i now love-especially in the sun when they look green not dark black
i also saw a pr of 519 blue on ebay for those that are looking
jag got those miumiu in flash grey nad now i want them-he says they are pretty clear.i like all sunglasses where you see the eyes
as for the versaces-i got them as soon as B was wearing them-i know, im queer like that-anyway, i find myself wearing these alot. they are really durable. jag had them in black and they were killer. my friend down in mexico has them in red/black-which i wouldlike to get my hands on

Last edited:
Badger the 549 "solid grey" look like this :
549.jpg

at the very bottom.

thnaks moonwalker-
do you own these? because most of these glasses are photographed on a white background with a flash-on us will they be solid black rather then grey??
i have the graded greys and love em but would like to own these if they are a see thru solid grey rather then dark....

I haven't got them, but i tried them when the 549 just arrived in store in Las Vegas. They are faaaaaar from being see thru when worn. Sorry...

Badger! So good to see you back, again. Get well soon, mate! I was kinda shocked when I read the news and I think it's fair to say that all of us were with you...I wish you a speedy recovery.

I own the EA 9285s KJ1/95. They are a very dark grey. Even more so when being worn. Then they look practically black. But I like dark glasses, so...

I posted a few pics of them in another thread and these pictures might give you a good impression.

Moonwalker: what do you think about these? They look like Versace doing the 9285, I know. But they got Bono written all over them. Sort of...

2052svl7.jpg

versace2052pl9.jpg

2052pj6.jpg

They are Verace #2052.

hey anton!!
thanks for the words...taking 1 day at a time
its funny i just saw those versace earlier-they are very B-i was looking for the 2040 in black/red
whats the other thread you posted in??
good to be back

On page 8 of this ALL I WANT IS YOU thread, you'll find a thread called

"MERGED Bono shades continued"

The pics are on page 7 of this thread...

hey badger, how has been your experience with the grey faded? how are they when you are in plain sunlight or when u aren't? do they get any more black when u are in sunlight? my eyes are sensitive so I was thinking in buying the grey faded cause I don't like the fact of the plain black ones when my eyes cannot be seen and I want to use them in outdoors as well in indoors...
-FCA

Wow Anton, those versace 2052 are indeed killer !

Are these the only 2 colors ?

Gotta check my sunglass store to see if they fit me :)

thanks dude :wink:

fca780-
theres 2 faded greys i have-the bvlgari 549 which i f@!king love-these are fine in the sun, may get a little blacker on the top part-for real protection on a bright day-no way, go with solid green or black
also the 9285 gradiants-also some of my favorites but not really recommended for powerful sun days.
both of these are great for indoors, all you have to do is tilt your head back and they are pretty clear

the lighting from the show changes the glass color-but judging from B's jacket, its probably after live saints and the final leg of the tour, this may be the custom blue...even thought it looks grey/black with lots of light from here-;)

somebody from the uk has the D&G ...g49 up on ebay used
i have these and love them...totally clear so you can wear them at night

BTW, I was NOT referring to fca780 ...
All I gotta say is one thing,
Do you believe in the Edge? I do !!!! LMAO
That was an inside joke for only the ones that caught onto it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom