the best U2 boot EVER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloozer

Babyface
what's your favorite U2 boot??

the one with the best sound, the one you listen to the most, the one where bono is being especially goofy?

mine is the zooropa Dublin show. the radio broadcast one. i love listening to the radio shows since the sound quality is of course perfect.

this show was at the very end of the tour, so all the songs have been honed to perfection. everything you hear, u2 wanted you to hear. and you cant beat that version of mysterious ways! and the setlist could not have been better...imho

------------------
"i love the crowd, bring on the crowd" --young bono
poplove@bu.edu

The Zoo Europa (Dublin) is my fav bootleg too.

I actually became a diehard U2 fan after hearing the radio broadcast.

------------------
Dream out loud.

I also became a fan after the Dublin 28/8/93-show. The Zoo Europa-boot is wonderful and has the best sound of all the stuff I've heard and I can't imagine how anything could sound better.

Showwise I'd pick Dancing Zoo TV (2nd Stockholm-show 1992) over Zoo Europa though. Sound is very very good is there are more things "happening" during the songs. Edge's guitar is more interesting than on other shows.

I might be a bit biased though since Stockholm is my hometown.... =)

I was just wondering, why do you think this boot was called like that(Zoo Europa)?

What I think is that the company that produced this boot(KTS) knows nothing about U2, so when Bono(MacPhisto) in during Desire starts shouting: "Zooropa...Zooropa..." , they thought he was saying: "Zoo Europa...Zoo Europa..."

I have a point don't I?
Or someone can shut my moth and got another explination?

------------------
Mr. MacPhisto
MacPhisto9456@hotmail.com

WATCH MORE TV

I have a boot from second leg of elevation, it is from boston amazing quality from soundboard. bono goes off during bullet the blue sky in the middle of the song he sings pull the trigger on a rock n roll nig... thinks he bigger than on a bumper sticker.. it was a shame splitting the show up on two cd's..actually the whole show was amazing they should have used it for the actual dvd..

thanks..

that's the DVD version of Bullet

my personal favourite is the 31/12/89 Point Depot show, especially the beginning.

I love the Santiago Popmart bootleg... there's just so much emotion in the people, Bono, everyone... just listen to ISHFWILF.. or Bad (tour premiere).. and ONE... unbelievable One

The 8/93 show is fantastic...but since it was designed for broadcast, it's not as seminal to me as, say, the widely-bootlegged Chicago April 87 show ("Rock's Hottest Ticket"/"Mountains and Deserts"). That show, when U2 was at their first height, still stands as an amazing one...

Well here's some of my fav's...

1981-03-06 Boston - Another Time, Another Place
1981-04-09 Minneapolis
1981-11-22 New York
1981-12-13 Albany
1983-05-06 Boston - Complete Boston Tapes
1985-04-15 East Rutherford - Unforgettably Rare (not anymore haha)
1987-04-04 Tempe (the master, taped w/aiwa cm30 mics I think)
1987-04-29 Chicago - Rock's Hottest Ticket
1987-05-07 Hartford - Seven Towers
1987-07-21 Munich
1987-09-28 New York - New Voices of Freedom
1987-10-28 Chicago - My Kind of Town
1987-11-07 Denver - Back In Denver
1987-11-24 Fort Worth - Love In Town
1989-12-30 Dublin - At The Eleventh Hour
1992-06-11 Stockholm - The Warmth of the Breeze (a soundboard, though Dancing ZooTV is very nice)
1993-08-xx London - the 4 "Wembley Nights" boots
1993-08-28 Dublin - Westwood One
1993-11-16 Adelaide (there's a great version w/no hiss)
1998-02-11 Santiago
2001-10-19 Baltimore
2001 - Any of the Boston, Chicago, NY, Philly, and Stockholm recordings
2005-04-15 Glendale
2005-05-14 Philadelphia
2005-07-07 Berlin
2005-09-14 Toronto

Wow...OK that's a long list, but IMO all those are great, recordings I pull out & play pretty regularly.

ctu2fan is there any chance of getting a copy of the sept 14 show in toronto? it was my first show of the tour and the first show i had seen in toronto in 4 years.. i had back surgery on aug 4 in toronto and i was told to stay in bed for 3 months, but being a u2 fan i had to see them.and had to see them again on sept 17 " was in the elipse second row from the edge on the right side of the stage. have two tickets for both nights at the palace at auburn hills oct 24,25. and if anyone wants to sell tickets for the ottawa show, or the one of the two shows in montreal please let me know. i want to take my daughter to a U2 show. get in touch with me at docherty4584@rogers.com. thank you chris.

Elevation 2001 / U2 Live From Boston
One hundred
Two hundred
Three... hundred...
That's all, that's all

And I can feel the cold steel
I can feel the cold steel
And I can make a wound that won't heal
I can make a wound that won't heal
38 millimeters like the police
I'm at the door where John and Yoko live in love and peace
In love and peace
In love and peace
Feel like an old shoe
A rerelease
Soon to be deceased

Pull the trigger, the rock and roll ******
He's bigger than Jesus on a bumper sticker
Pull the trigger on the rock and roll ******
Bigger than Jesus on a bumper sticker

My pulse is pacing
My eyes are chasing
For an autograph, I've been waiting
Beatle baiting
There's no escaping
History is taping

Hey John...
War is over we don't need your help
America's making war on itself
War is over we don't need your help
America's making war on itself
Six hundred and seventy six thousand
Will go down in the streets of America
With a bullet in the next 20 years
20 years, these bitter tears
In a business of bitter tears

John...
Can you hear us calling?
More bodybags than Vietnam
What's my name?
Mark Chapman
What's my name?
Mark Chapman
Mark Chapman
Mark Chapman
Mark Chapman
Mark Chapman

http://www.u2achtung.com/02/lyrics/paroles.php?id=47

it definitely is on the Boston DVD, the rant above is, I assume, the one to which you are referring?

bloozer said:
what's your favorite U2 boot??

mine is the zooropa Dublin show. the radio broadcast one. i love listening to the radio shows since the sound quality is of course perfect.

this show was at the very end of the tour, so all the songs have been honed to perfection. everything you hear, u2 wanted you to hear. and you cant beat that version of mysterious ways! and the setlist could not have been better...imho

ya thats the boot ive probably listened to most (w/ the naomi appearance) and yes mysterious ways is amazing... i remember rushing home to record this when it aired originally... i still only have it on cassette tapes

one of my fav dvd boots is probably 11/4/81 berlin @ the rockpalast... its a treat to see bono inciting a bunch of punkers/postpunkers in the audience to sing along... they're hesitant at first but bono eventually manages to get them on his side! :wink:

:ohmy: haha... i didnt see that
icon15.gif

Back
Top Bottom