The All New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a little reminder from the other thread, before you guys get into another 1,000 banger.

Remember, this thread is for discussion only. If you have some Bono shades you wish to sell, please post that information as a separate thread in this forum. Also, you may not link to your own auctions, so if you are selling via an auction, you may not share that information.

If you come across an eBay link that you wish to share as part of the discussion, that is allowed. We just don't allow people to advertise their own auctions.

Okay, I'm done. :)

Last thread stats for any interested :wink:

Total Posts: 1,003
User Name Posts
Moonwalker_13 131
gvox 95
thebadger 69
naycookeu2 69
danondorf 65
kevinwall 61
The Disciple 55
zootv16 53
Galeongirl 43
tpsreports2424 40
soundmercury 25
portista 23
leovox 23
Rich79 22
fer4ger 21
waynetravis 20
Mr_LeMon 19
Durello7 17
jag0918 12
u2paddy 12
mono 11
arturogas 10
fca780 8
ufboy73 8
INSTCUWSUMVC 8
nwc333 8
U2forBoys 8
charleswise 7
drewhiggins 6
MattheWood 5
AntonCorbijn 5
achtunganton 4
josfta 4
cf 4
JCOSTER 3
discothequeLP 3
Booms07 2
KhanadaRhodes 2
RyanCJW 2
Bonochick 2
The_Edge89 2
majid23 2
popacrobat 2
oktobergirl 1
Hallucination 1
rudybay 1
Utoo 1
mofoy2k7 1
Justin24 1
bolito27 1
bonocomet 1
U2 Beginner 1
Sicy 1
Thomas64 1
bonojr62 1

i've been wearing my black flys No.5 lately. the only problem is i cant wear em for too long, they give me a head ach. i need them adjusted.

so im looking for a new pair of Bono shades to buy. help me out guys, what should i get?? :hyper::wave: please? :D

im kinda leaning towards Romeo Gigli RG-226

but im not sure, cause i don't know what excaly they look like, its hard to find a decent picture. anyone have one? or actaully have the shades and tell me about em? thanks!!!

I'm killin the greenie Armanis lately Badger, and my old standards, the dark brown green/gold ones...and of course, my Beloveds (citrus 519 ;))

the 226 giglis are good but if the Flys give you a headache for tightness or weight reasons, you'll likely have a similar experience with the 226s - until you get them fitted, of course..at least that was my experience..

I agree with gvox Zootv16, 226 are a small fit, i had to fit them to my head too, otherwise they'd hurt right side of my head.

gvox -> stop talking about your citrus 519, or I'll steal them from you very soon lol

This week I've been wearing Giorgio Armani 1535 Red, Bvlgari 611 Citrus, Bvlgari 610/519 Blue and my latest addition - EA 9285 Rose, which I got for £12 and are much cooler than I originally thought :)

summer time here in philly, ive been wearing my brown 519, green 549,versace brown/gold,...what are you kids wearing?
:hmm:

Brown 519's this week too...also green R.G. 226's (wish I could find 'em in red but 226's are really hard to come by now, FYI)...

Just curious: what are everybody's lust after wish list?

Besides red 226's; of course, red 519's (wonder what sort of feeding frenzy that would cause -- more than the orange Mikli's went for, I wonder).

I'm after citrus 519/610 and mauve 519...

I really like the 226, but greenies are my favorite ones so not looking for any other color.

Ouch! how'd you do that?
I'm really careful with mine, especially since they already have the tiny cracks around the screws, but is there anything more I can do to prevent the arms from breaking off?

Am I the only one who ever owned the rose 519s? God I shouldve treated them better...all I have are the pictures and memories now.. :sad:

Somebody here has a pair - picture was posted in their collection a few months ago. Can't remember who...

All those 519 colors were all there for the taking for a long time -- I figured they'd be there to get whenever then poof - gone.

well thanks guy. i guess ill have them fitted. well i still am looking to buy. anyone have any good suggestions? :hyper:

Hello everyone I have posted here before but it was a long time ago.
But anyway I have the Armani 9285 in the dark grayish blue and the Miu Miu in champagne so I want to get something different? What should I get? I was thinking the Lennon glasses Bono wore. What brand were those?

You can find many model similars to those. I have no idea of the ones bono's wearing, but I know Armani made some models like this.

However I have no more info since I personally hate those glasses lol

i see on ebay theres someone selling armani9285 in the dark blue for 75.00...anybody have these? are they worth it for this cheap price? i had the dark brown and wasent a fan, i know my man gvox loves these. i prefer the faded colors in this model-but for 75, and i havent bought anything in a while, starting to jones....thanks guys

i see on ebay theres someone selling armani9285 in the dark blue for 75.00...anybody have these? are they worth it for this cheap price? i had the dark brown and wasent a fan, i know my man gvox loves these. i prefer the faded colors in this model-but for 75, and i havent bought anything in a while, starting to jones....thanks guys

I have them and they are great for extremely bright days, yet they aren't too dark.

Just my two cents, but if you weren't a fan of the dark brown (I wasn't either), you may not be a fan of the dark blues. Eyes aren't visible through the lenses, if that's one question. But, some like 'em - to each his/her own...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom