The All New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Walk On shades -> You mean Romeo Gigli 191 ?

I used to have a pair of the orange/red ones, they are great shades, but the color was not really for me... I'd love to own them in green actually !!

BTW i love the fit of those glasses.

BTW 2 my "top shades" is :

1) Bvlgari 610
2) Bvlgari 519
3) R.Gigli 226
4) D&G 2138
5) Armani 9285
6) Miumiu 51C

And I'd put the Armani 1535 and Romeo Gigli 191 in 3rd place with Gigli 226 if I had them

Just my two and a half cents...

I found the Romeo Gigli 191s shape not to my liking and ended up selling the two pairs I had (light brown and black). On the other hand, I love the 226's - I have the red, blue and green - green being my favorite which I wear all the time. Great combination of wrap around and aviator-like quality to them.

For me the 611's are too big - but again, just a matter of taste. I personally love the 519's still (dark brown and flash gray) - only wish I, like a lot of others here, could find them in rose or emerald green.

My favorites I have are probably the 610's in rose. Still cursing myself for letting go of 610s in citrus very early on.

I've not been a huge fan of the 9285's though I kept a pair in green while selling my pinks and dark browns.

Black Flys #5 I love - have them in clear and will probably turn those into prescriptions. Would put those up there near the top. Have been eyeing them in red and orange.

Also have a pair of Bvlgari 626s - light brown which - are a tad too small but smart looking. The 625 model is a little better, in my opinion, though I don't have them.

Champagne Mui Mui's are still OK though I'd call those a little out now - so many makers have copped the double arms and they now look a little cheap, in my opinion.

Aaaah it's Selima Optique then.

i do not have them. Badger does I believe :hmm:.

Soundmercury -> I agree with you about the 611 being a bit too big. And I'm glad you like the 610 and 519 as much as I do mate :wave:

I had the 626 too, but sold them cause color was not to my liking anymore...got rid of all reddish shades I had.

Btw didn't know you had brown 519 too :wink: . If you want to try my emerald green, drop to France whenever you want, I'll be glad to help ... :applaud:

Aaaah it's Selima Optique then.

i do not have them. Badger does I believe :hmm:.

Soundmercury -> I agree with you about the 611 being a bit too big. And I'm glad you like the 610 and 519 as much as I do mate :wave:

I had the 626 too, but sold them cause color was not to my liking anymore...got rid of all reddish shades I had.

Btw didn't know you had brown 519 too :wink: . If you want to try my emerald green, drop to France whenever you want, I'll be glad to help ... :applaud:

You're not saying you'd trade the brown 519s for the emerald greens are you? Would be very happy to do that trade.

they are the selimas, i promised antoncorbjn i would post picts this week, im away right now so hopefully in about another day....

they are the selimas, i promised antoncorbjn i would post picts this week, im away right now so hopefully in about another day....

Hi Badger

What are your impressions of the Selimas? Anything you could compare them to, or how would rank them in your collection?

Thanks

Armani 9205

all_EA9205S.jpg

hey moonwalker
the 519s on ebay are the same like you have? the rims are black or like the common blue ones? thanks!

Anybody know the color/color code for the Selima Optique shades (Walk On shades).

Thanks

Hi Moonwalker

Thanks much. I just placed my order for the silver colored Pamela. I had originally thought they were the silver color when I watched the video, but wasn't sure 'cause the "blue/gloss" color on the Selima website looks so similar.....Except when you look at the arms, B's aren't blue like those are. Thanks again for clarifying. :D

There is a thread in PLEBA titled "Bono with Blue Sunglasses" or something like that; when I looked through those pictures there are some that look like the Pamela frame but I wasn't sure (I believe some of them are Bvlgari-the big square blue ones....625? 636? I'm not sure). Do you (or anyone else) have pictures of Bono other than Walk On video where he is wearing the Pamela shades?

Hey Moon, I'm somewhat curious as to why you have never owned them....Not your style? :hmm:

In fact, I never owned them cause first of all i'm not really into the style of those glasses, and even more because of their price.

As for the glasse syou were tlaking about in PLEBA, why don't you post a link or the pics you're talking about, so we can help ;-)

BTW not sure of this, but I think Bono wore the Pamela during a few shows and other events, like when he sang with pavarotti ...

So you lot wouldn't mind if I participated again? First up, I bought my first *real* pair of shades. They are:

img_art_EA_9285S_BONO_U2_KJ1_95.jpg

Quite a funky little pair of shades.

im still not @home to be able to post picts of the selimas...for one, they are a lot lighter then the video. i spoke with selima by coincidence when i purchased mine-she agreed there was definitly an enhancement to make the shades much bluer in the video-these are great glasses, danodorf if youre a big fan of the miklis, cutler/gross/black fly-you may not like these

im still not @home to be able to post picts of the selimas...for one, they are a lot lighter then the video. i spoke with selima by coincidence when i purchased mine-she agreed there was definitly an enhancement to make the shades much bluer in the video-these are great glasses, danodorf if youre a big fan of the miklis, cutler/gross/black fly-you may not like these

Hey Badger

I placed my order for the Silver Pamela the other day; and today I got an email saying they were discontinued in Silver, but they still have blue, purple, and green (which isn't even listed on the website). I went ahead and asked for the blue Pamela. What color do you have? Silver?

Thanks

So you lot wouldn't mind if I participated again? First up, I bought my first *real* pair of shades. They are:

img_art_EA_9285S_BONO_U2_KJ1_95.jpg

Quite a funky little pair of shades.

Congrats drew ! Post a pic of you wearing them if you want to. (i think i never saw a pic of this color worn by someone)

cool shades, I was unsure about the pink ones but I really like them when worn. Really glad I bought them although my 1535's are better :)

The picture is gonna come later (my camera battery is dead...)

The pink ones are terrible-looking, the green ones are decent but those grey ones (gunmetal grey) are not bad at all. But be warned if you get them, not to stress them too much - they're as fragile as glass. But very, very comfortable to wear and work equally well as inside glasses too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom