The All New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi from the new guy. I have a question abou these Bono sunglasses from "Even Better Than The Real Thing Video," do we know the model number, the make, and all that on these? I would love to know more about them, and of course get a pair for my U2 collection!

Thanks for the info...

:)

--Chuck

hey i have these as a gift from my girlfriend!!!!:hyper::hyper:
Could anyone tell what these could be worth?Or give me any info of these shades?
587e_3.jpg
[/IMG]

I have two questions please, and I was hoping you guys could help me. What brand and model number are the sunglasses below? And are they for sale anywhere in the world? I would LOVE to have a pair for the U2 cover band we are going to start soon! Second, any suggestions from anyone where I can purchase a pair? Pretty please??!! haha :hyper:

Here is a photo, these are an example of the vintage ones worn by Bono to be specific, not the ones that were sold officially by U2 years ago. Im looking for info on what Bono actually wore please"

BE070289.jpg

Thanks!

---Chuck

Hi from the new guy. I have a question abou these Bono sunglasses from "Even Better Than The Real Thing Video," do we know the model number, the make, and all that on these? I would love to know more about them, and of course get a pair for my U2 collection!

Thanks for the info...

--Chuck

The ones from Even Better Than The Real Thing are not The Fly shades. They are Cutler & Gross model number 0276.

hmmmm? Are you sure? Because it looks like Cutler and Gross model number 0276 are worn by Bono those years, but they are much smaller, and can open and close on the sides...... I thought that the sunglasses that Bono puts on at the very end of the "One" video were the Cutler and Gross model? Am I crazy? Or are they the same make, but different model numbers? Because they are obviously very very different sunglasses.

I'm just asking, trying to learn the differences. I wish there was a photo gallery with what brand of sunglasses they are, which model number they are, and then a photo of Bono wearing them! LOL That would make life easier on us.

You see what I'm talking about?

The ones from Even Better Than The Real Thing are not The Fly shades. They are Cutler & Gross model number 0276.

Here is the end of the "One" video where Bono puts on the Cutler and Gross vintage sunglasses. As you can tell they are not "The Fly" Sunglasses.

Can anyone identify the exact model number and make of "The Fly" sunglasses? Please forgive my asking, but they are clearly not "The Fly" sunglasses and after searching for a couple of weeks I can't find anyone online who actually is willing to help me discover the model and maker of "The Fly" sunglasses - other than the old "Officially Lic" version that U2 made many years ago.

Here are the photos that are listed as Cutler and Gross: (note the frames and the hinges)
capturedata7556053-1.png

capturedata4586501-1.png

Then, here are the very different "The Fly" sunglasses: (no frame, no folding hinge)

BE070271.jpg

So, my question is what are the make and model of EACH, since they are very different.

Thanks for letting me ask these questions, even being the new guy! haha

--Chuck

You asked about the sunglasses that Bono wore in EBTTRT:

"Originally Posted by USAU2fan1 View Post
Hi from the new guy. I have a question abou these Bono sunglasses from "Even Better Than The Real Thing Video," do we know the model number, the make, and all that on these?"

..........I said Cutler and Gross because that is what he wears in that video, he does not wear "The Fly" shades.

Again, as I said before; the vintage Fly shades were made in 60's-70's by an Italian maker. Nobody knows how and where to find them or what model.....

A simple Google search of "Bono Fly Shades" and you would have found this 1st link:

U2Station.com || Fan Features ||| Peter's Fly Shades Collection

Yes, you are correct. My apologies. I thought that Bono wore "The Fly" sunglasses in that video. I was mistaken. I'm sorry. (bows, buys you a beer! haha)

So, no one knows what sunglasses Bono wears in "The Fly" video? Hmmm I have been doing research for a bit now, thanks to the internet and have found a few things.

If I discover who made them, I'll gladly share the info with everyone! I think I'll have the info for us all in about two weeks. How crazy is this: I think I found the original "The Fly" sunglasses advertised in a classic magazine, a magazine that I just purchased online!!! If I am correct, then I think one of the mysteries for U2 fans will be solved!!!!!! Yeah! If not, then you all can of course brutally make fun of me like crazy! :lol:

Talk to you guys soon!

---Chuck

You asked about the sunglasses that Bono wore in EBTTRT:

"Originally Posted by USAU2fan1 View Post
Hi from the new guy. I have a question abou these Bono sunglasses from "Even Better Than The Real Thing Video," do we know the model number, the make, and all that on these?"

..........I said Cutler and Gross because that is what he wears in that video, he does not wear "The Fly" shades.

Again, as I said before; the vintage Fly shades were made in 60's-70's by an Italian maker. Nobody knows how and where to find them or what model.....

A simple Google search of "Bono Fly Shades" and you would have found this 1st link:

U2Station.com || Fan Features ||| Peter's Fly Shades Collection

No Problem! I can't wait myself!

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen or come across this website before?
�����`���� U2 BONO ZOO TV FLY SUNGLASSES ����`�����

It claims to have a big supply of the Fly shades.
Hi....!

I don`t know where this person found them, and so many??? I have a feeling they might be manufacturing replicas of them or something. Will be interesting to see what sort of price they put on them, seeing as they know how rare they are!
Will keep checking the site anyway, still under construction!

Cheers, Mikie.

Looks like Mikli is coming out with the 3244's as a different model number soon. I have been trying to track down a pair at various sites online and one contacted Mikli and got a response that the same style is coming out this fall but with a different model (AL0871). At least I may finally be able to get a pair this way.

3291997752_f2e7a114c4.jpg

3291997806_2a59e4e3fb.jpg

Are the shades in the above pic with purple lens the ones Bono wears during the latter stages of the show after coming out of the lemon?

Looks like Mikli is coming out with the 3244's as a different model number soon. I have been trying to track down a pair at various sites online and one contacted Mikli and got a response that the same style is coming out this fall but with a different model (AL0871). At least I may finally be able to get a pair this way.

3291997752_f2e7a114c4.jpg

3291997806_2a59e4e3fb.jpg

Now if we can only get Bvlgari to reissue the 519s!

Doubt that would happen. If it did it wouldn't be for quite some time. Look how long it took for the Miklis to come back.

For now best bet for Bvlgari 519 is eBay. They are few and far between...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom