Red Red Vinyl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Well the day is still a pup, and wonderful things have happened.
I set out early to go to the little market in my favourite little Scottish town in Australia. I went to the general store first to collect my mail and there was the return envelope from Otto Kitsinger, with the incredible photos on his old business cards. It is so kind-hearted of him to go out of his way for us like that. I appreciate the stamp too, I'll treasure it all. Thanks Otto.

I called into a garage sale on my way to the market, always worth a look if you have time. I was looking through a box of records and finding lots that I liked - Hunters & Collectors, The Church, etc. and then I saw it!!
Special limited Edition Coloured Vinyl Live Under Australia Skies 1984 Tour.
:faint:
I took them to the lady to pay her and she counted them...."18 records, that will be $1.80" I insisted on giving her $2. The U2 record cost me all of 10 cents :faint:
I don't know much about the various U2 recordings that are out there. I really only have their albums and a few singles.So I'm not even sure what is on this...I don't care, it's red and it's beautiful :heart:I have no idea of the trade/monetary value of such a thing, but I would NEVER sell it. It is absolute treasure to me.
So I just wanted to tell you...
I'mhappy happy happy

just a little bye the bye I recalled
at the market an old lady was selling a cup and saucer "from Ireland". It had Bewley's written on it. I wonder if someone stole it?
:)

cass said:
I called into a garage sale on my way to the market, always worth a look if you have time. I was looking through a box of records and finding lots that I liked - Hunters & Collectors, The Church, etc. and then I saw it!!
Special limited Edition Coloured Vinyl Live Under Australia Skies 1984 Tour.
:faint:
I took them to the lady to pay her and she counted them...."18 records, that will be $1.80" I insisted on giving her $2. The U2 record cost me all of 10 cents :faint:
I don't know much about the various U2 recordings that are out there. I really only have their albums and a few singles.So I'm not even sure what is on this...I don't care, it's red and it's beautiful :heart:I have no idea of the trade/monetary value of such a thing, but I would NEVER sell it. It is absolute treasure to me.
So I just wanted to tell you...
I'mhappy happy happy

Isn't that the red vinyl edition of Under A Blood Red Sky? Those records had a sticker saying Live Under Australian Skies 1984 Tour to advertise for U2's first Aussie tour (even though the recordings are from 1983). Here's a picture of it:
366.jpg

The @U2 website says it's worth $50 US when it's in mint (i.e. new) condition. Then again, I wouldn't want to part with this item either. :)

Congrats cass and I hope you have lots of fun with it! :up:

C ya!

Marty

thanks for doing the research marty, I played it last night and it has no scratches:up: It really got me :dancing: and thinking...once again, how truly truly truly wonderful U2 are.

I am really wishing I had bought the Bewley's cup...it was HUGE!!! It would be a perfect size for my first cuppa in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom