Red Hill Mining Town?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The song was never played live and the music video made for it has never leaked.

I only have some stills (I think...), I can post them if you want. (I have to find them, they're somewhere on my computer....)

You have stills...? How is that possible? LOL!

I think the only pictures I've seen are from the video shoot (from the book "The Unforgettable Fire" I think). I never understood why U2 decided to scrap the video... surely it couldn't have been *that* bad. LOL

The stills came from an issue of Propaganda. The only other picture besides the stills I have seen is the Unforgettable Fire book that is mentioned above. Shows Edge and Bono talking to the director. The video has never aired though, not once.

Bono commented back at that time that the world was not ready to see him swinging a pick axe. I remember another interview where they were talking to one of the video directors of one of their recent videos (cant remember who it was). They asked him if he had seen the Red Hill video and he said he had and hinted that it really was THAT bad. I doubdt this one will ever be let out. I think they would have put it with the Best Of DVD if they were going to release it.

As Axver mentioned they did not play the song live and decided not to make it a single as a result. So that is another reason it has never been released or aired.

Nerfherder said:
I never understood why U2 decided to scrap the video... surely it couldn't have been *that* bad. LOL

Lol I said the same thing in another thread about this video and someone pointed out that they did release that New Year's Day video. :no:

I really think this video must be atrocious if it wasn't even released. :der:

Hmmm, interesting... Thanks for the info, Blue Room. When I heard "stills" I immediately thought of actual video captures! lol. But I didn't know about the Propaganda thing.

Swinging a pick-axe? Maybe he was singing along as he working in a mine? LOL! In the case, I can imagine that it would be a baaaad video.... *G*

neutral said:
Lol I said the same thing in another thread about this video and someone pointed out that they did release that New Year's Day video. :no:

I really think this video must be atrocious if it wasn't even released. :der:

Good point! It's hard to imagine that it could be any worse than New Year's Day, Last Night on Earth... or A Celebration, IMO. *ducks flying objects*

Nerfherder said:

Good point! It's hard to imagine that it could be any worse than New Year's Day, Last Night on Earth... or A Celebration, IMO. *ducks flying objects*

Hey! I love "Last Night on Earth"! It's so creepy and Twilight Zone-ish. And the boys' personalities are really cute in it. Like Larry in the very beginning, driving the car, making that face like "I am the coolest man ever." And Edge smiling as they squeal out in the red convertible...

Ah. Love that video. Anyway.

That "Red Hill Mining Town" video must be pretty darn bad, otherwise they would have released it by now.

thousandfold said:

Hey! I love "Last Night on Earth"! It's so creepy and Twilight Zone-ish. And the boys' personalities are really cute in it. Like Larry in the very beginning, driving the car, making that face like "I am the coolest man ever." And Edge smiling as they squeal out in the red convertible...

Ehh.... Hmm, well, the way you describe it, I'll give it some credit. *G* Maybe because it WAS so weird, that's why I could never get past it. What with the people melting and stuff... Just too bizarre!

... However, it HAS been a few years since I've watched it, so maybe I should give it another chance. *G*

Ah, okay, fine! You've talked me into it - I'll pop the video in later tonight and re-watch it. :wink:

And dude, how could you NOT like the IGWSHA video? It's wonderful! I'm glad you've reconciled with it. *G*

BTW, I apologize for making this thread completely off-topic. :reject:

Last edited:
There you go!
redhill.jpg

Yeah, considering they released that horrid "Faces" video of Pride (in the Name of Love)....it must REALLY be bad.

Back
Top Bottom