rare 1979 numbered lithograph - help wanted please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rare_stuff

Babyface
Hi All!
I'm hoping I can tap into some knowledge of you experts on U2 memorabilia.
I have a lithograph and identification slip for a 3 colour lithograph
advertising the release of Three in sept 1979. The poster has been rolled and sustained a couple of
creases so is not in mint condition. I'm looking at auctioning it but
can't find much info about it or what sort of value it has or price it
may get. Any help/advice much appreciated!

Many Thanks!

Thanks for the fast reply Val,
the link you posted doesn't match in anyway the lithograph I have. This one is for the 1979 release of the "Three" Ep containing "out of control", "stories for boys" & "boy/Girl". It is number 2**/250 and has the accompanying "certificate of authenticity. I'm not sure if I can upload a pic here but will try. I can't enter a URL until I've made 15posts or something.

Am I right in thinking that U2 has issued a limited numbered edition lithograph for every release? If so which was the first?

HPIM0479.jpg

I've been doing some research and this is obviously promoting the release of "three" Which I believe was U2's first ever single! Does this then make this a very rare and potentially highly sought after item? I've seen newer lithographs of larger print runs for later releases selling for a reasonable amount, so it will be interesting to see what this goes for. I intend to list it for sale later today possibly.
Any help to corroborate this would be gratefully recieved

well I just posted it on the bay and got informed within minutes that this was released 2 years ago and sold on the u2 official site for $75, it's now sold out, so maybe not as valuable as I first thought!!

u2 lithograph for sale

the item has been relisted due to a time wasting bidder who hasn't contacted or replied to any emails, I have givven them negative feedback and ebay should be issuing a non-payment strike against them any time now.
The last auction ended around the £40 mark, and that's less than half the price of a mint condition one, so a chance to save some money on a very collectable item!

Back
Top Bottom