Question re: Best of 1990-2000 Limited Edition CD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lady Val

The Fly
I am a recent U2 fan and in trying to build my U2 collection one of the first CD's I bought was "The Best of 1990-2000". Later I found out that there was a limited edition of this CD released that had B-Sides and a DVD.

I first went to Amazon.com and they were out of stock on the Limited Edition, but there were several recommended merchants that I could order this from. I picked one that had the CD at a reasonable price (actually cheaper than what I paid for the single CD at Best Buy), plus, the vendor had a large number of positive feedback.

Tuesday of this week I happened to stop into Circuit City and found the Limited Edition CD. I picked it up, just in case something was wrong with the CD that I ordered online. Today I received the one that I ordered, which left me confused.

The one I received in the mail has a limited edition number on it. The one I bought at Circuit City does not have a limited edition number on it. Is the one with the number legitimate, or did I get a well packaged fake?

It sounds legitimate to me. If I remember correctly some had numbers and others didn't. I got mine at Best Buy and I did not have a number. Unless the packaging looks extremely different from the one you got at Circuit City, both are probably fine.

I bought mine at a record shop here and it doesn't have any limited edition number on it.
In fact there are still many limited editions of both "The best of 1990-2000" and "The Best of 1980-1990" available in shops here.
So they certainly aren't that limited anyway.

Thanks for the input. It makes no sense to me why some of them would have numbers and other ones wouldn't. Oh, well! I'm just glad that I have them.

Back
Top Bottom