New multicam/SBD show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckman

The Fly
New U2 show- Miami 12/2/01: PC-edited from DV masters and uncirculated IEM audio. Excellent multicam, excellent audio- and a tremendous improvement over prior 2-cam mix of the show. Over 40 hours of effort went into this. This is not a generated, standalone copy-- this is PC authored from the actual DV masters w/ firewire and pressed to DVD with software. Mix also available in DV format in perfect, uncompressed quality.

Not really looking for DVD or audio... basically looking for audience-shot masters and clones. Also looking for lower gens of already-circulating proshots (DC 92, Foxboro 97, etc).

I also have DV clones and masters of ~30+ shows dating from 1987 to 2001.

Inquiries: buckman2222@yahoo.com

happy holidays!!

i have DC 1992...on dvd format..well not exactly they are dvd files on my hard drive which i will be getting next week.

I also have it on VCD....and i'm not getting a dvd burner till the end of january

but i will mail you :)

Interesting...this story sounds very similar to the Joshua Tree LA DVD mess. I wonder if the same players are involved in this one too?

Nevermind then. Thought this would be a nice mix for the trading community. How come this forum always has such RIDICULOUS posts? Do you still wonder why all the good stuff is kept rare?

Last edited:
buckman said:
Nevermind then. Thought this would be a nice mix for the trading community. How come this forum always has such RIDICULOUS posts? Do you still wonder why all the good stuff is kept rare?

Actually Ultraviolet doesn't wonder why all the good stuff is kept rare. He is always disapointed when something rare surfaces.

LOL "The Joshua Tree LA DVD Mess"...the only people that think it was a "mess" was the folks that didn't want it to surface. (which funny enough, wasn't anyone involved in the actual process) Everyone that is enjoying it, doesn't think it's a mess.

The 12/2/01 Miami IEM was offered multiple times over the last year or so to several people I know, so I knew it was going to leak sooner, rather than later. The same few names always seem to be attached to shows that leak and this one was was no different. To be real honest, I could care less about this show leaking. I don't have it, I don't know anyone who traded for it, and I'm glad I'm not even associated with it. Having one's name associated with a leaked show is never a good thing now, is it? ChrisEdge?

The Miami IEM is not a "leaked" show. There's permission to use it as the audio for the new 2 cam.

Hi Buckman,
I have a 2nd gen of Foxboro 1997 I just spent alot of time
Authoring with menus & Chapters.
Its 2 DVDs & Great.
I would Love too trade with you & Ask Not to Trade foxboro
for a short while as i accumulate another Rare trade Please.
Please email me off my List from the WWW Tab below!
Thanks
MIKE

ultraviolet_j said:
Having one's name associated with a leaked show is never a good thing now, is it? ChrisEdge?

As long as there was no stipulations when the show was traded, I don't have a problem with my name associated with it. I have shows that WERE traded to me with "rules" and I don't discuss them, and they still haven't been "leaked", or traded out by me.

i am the person that got the Miami IEM for brad to create the new and better 2 cam, it was gotten with the understanding it would be used as the audio for a new 2 cam of the show. i also got the IEM for Vegas 11/18/01 and it will be mixed and a 3 cam created.

There is nothing RARE about an IEM recording, there are 10 or more in circulation from 2001 alone, the only reason miami and Vegas are 'rare' at this point is because i dont feel a need to 'share them with the world'. I wanted that audio to be used for the Videos.

This discussion is the classic 'haves and havenots' arguement, the havenots think that everything should be shared freely and the 'haves' who worked their ass's off and in some cases paid $1000's of dollars for things dont necessarily feel the need to give it away to the world.

Other Projects in the works:
Irving Plaza full show 2 cam from master DV
Las Vegas 11/18/01 3 cam w/ IEM audio
Into the Heart 2001 to DVD from master, PC authored
Complete Rattle and Hum Outtakes, PC authored with menu's and chapters

Keep treating guys like Brad and Chris, (and myself) like crap and see if these projects actually get completed.

u2rulesmyworld said:
i am the person that got the Miami IEM for brad to create the new and better 2 cam, it was gotten with the understanding it would be used as the audio for a new 2 cam of the show. i also got the IEM for Vegas 11/18/01 and it will be mixed and a 3 cam created.

There is nothing RARE about an IEM recording, there are 10 or more in circulation from 2001 alone, the only reason miami and Vegas are 'rare' at this point is because i dont feel a need to 'share them with the world'. I wanted that audio to be used for the Videos.

This discussion is the classic 'haves and havenots' arguement, the havenots think that everything should be shared freely and the 'haves' who worked their ass's off and in some cases paid $1000's of dollars for things dont necessarily feel the need to give it away to the world.

Other Projects in the works:
Irving Plaza full show 2 cam from master DV
Las Vegas 11/18/01 3 cam w/ IEM audio
Into the Heart 2001 to DVD from master, PC authored
Complete Rattle and Hum Outtakes, PC authored with menu's and chapters

Keep treating guys like Brad and Chris, (and myself) like crap and see if these projects actually get completed.
\

LOL, I dont even know where to start on this one, so I wont even try to tackle half of what you said. Other than this, I know you didnt have permission to release this or LV. You are right that if it was traded then it is fair game, but it was traded with the understanding that it would not be traded further. I KNOW for a fact that this is the case with LV. So you are leaking these and someone is breaking their word, dont try to make it sound like you had permission from the sources of either because that simply is not true. Any bad reps that result are your own doing and if you are fine with that, great. But dont make it look like you guys are some type of martyrs and we should be kissing your ass. IEMs are not rarities??? LOL You said yourself, 10 are out there from Elevation, how many shows did U2 play on Elevation?? You do the math. Uncirculated and rarity are one in the same IMO and you guys are stating Miami is uncirculated. So it is rare technically and you are leaking it without permission from the source. Is this one going to cost $500 a crack Mike? I know you didnt pay a dime for either.

Last edited:
you are correct about LV, JM should have kept to the terms of our 'trade' for JTLA DVD and then i would have sat on the LV iem he sent me, since he screwed me on trading out the JTLA DVD i feel i should be free to do what i want with the LV IEM.

i have actually honored my trade agreement with JM because i am not trading the LV iem, simply using it for Video audio.

as for the Miami IEM i requested that marc from fl(one of the filmers of miami) request the IEM from the guy who taped it to be used for DVD and was given a copy, thus the iem is on the DVD

sidenote: JTLA and JM, the copy of 11/18/87 dvd that was sent to JM had a watermark embedded into the a few seconds of the show, it was a shadow near the EDGE during one of the songs and also 2 other 'watermarks'(in the menu and an audio drop out between songs) . similar but different 'watermarks' were placed on the other copy i originally 'traded'. the copy that got into circulation was JM's so i can verify with 100% certainty that JM was the 'leak' and cannot be trusted.

But who really cares, i am glad the show is out and being enjoyed, i just didnt want it out so quickly because i was working on getting OTHER rare things that fell thru because JM messed up.

i am sorry i dont have hours and hours to spend on this board, i just read the JTLA DVD thread from back in August and that was very entertaining, i will try and make it back to this thread 3 or 4 months from now and see what you all have to say

So you are telling me you had permission from the original source on the Miami 02 IEM? I just want it to be clear that this is what you are indicating. Also, how is putting it on DVD not considered leaking it? Do you think its tough to rip the audio from a DVD or something? I know you dont, so I dont know what you are trying to say with that.

You profited enormously (monetarily) from the LA 87 DVD so I dont know how you cant justify that as your reason for leaking LV. Even if JM did leak LA. I dont know what happened there but I didnt hear about the LA 87 DVD being out there until you offered it up for open trade here. So which came first the chicken or the egg. Guess it doesnt matter at this point.

Last edited:
Michael, don't bother. It's the same old stuff always being said.

I find it interesting how this whole thing about rarities and such comes and goes in cycles. Actually, I find it amusing, but then I'm not involved in anyway, or perhaps I'm just easily amused. :)

Oh, and those shows sound great. I'm very patient and more than willing to wait until whenever they get out to the masses.

Once again, I have permission to use the Miami IEM as the audio for the new 2-cam.

Chill out Blueroom.

U2Lynne said:

I find it interesting how this whole thing about rarities and such comes and goes in cycles. Actually, I find it amusing, but then I'm not involved in anyway, or perhaps I'm just easily amused. :)

Then you should read the Radiohead forum "atease". I predict this place will be just like that forum when U2 starts touring. So be prepared...

TO Blueroom:

i dont see how any of this is your business unless you taped this show?

i got it from marc in FL and was told he got it from the taper and it was ok to use on a dvd 2 cam mix, i gave it to brad telling him it was ok to use. end of story

i got LV from JM as part of the deal to send him JTLA DVD, LV & JTLA were not suppose to be traded, when JM broke his end of the no trade clause that free'd me to do what i wanted with LV(imo). And YES i have 100% proof it was JM that 'leaked' the JTLA show.

these IEM guys are a myterious bunch, it surprises me that i dont know who they are, or maybe i just dont worry about it since i enjoy a good aud recording more than an IEM.

Anyways as far as i know the genie isnt out of the bottle so if the IEM taper of 12/2 would like to ask brad and i not to circulate that audio we can do so. i would much prefer he contacted me to supply iem audio for other video projects we are working on though.

FOR lynne:
(since this stuff amuses her)

Wanna hear the story of how Miami video almost never got out?

the 2 angles were filmed by marc and eclipse, well they got to feuding, marc needed eclipses angle to do the 2 cam, eclipse(who is a greedy bastard) kept stalling on sending cuz marc had rare stuff that he wanted. Marc agreed to send some stuff but eclipse always wanted more than marc was agreeing to send. Well i got in the mix and basically broker'd a deal to get eclipse's masters to marc. It really sucked because marc had taught eclipse everything about filming. both guys were saying they were going to bury the footage and never let it out if the other didnt give in, it was quite ridiculous. I couldnt let that happen because the plates that were held up with 40 on them(at the end of the show) was inspired by me. Corey, the guy that circulated those plates had stayed with me while he was in LA for the shows here and he shared my obsession for the song 40, it gave me chills when i finally got to see the footage of the end of that concert. Corey is the same guy that shot almost all the footage that made it onto the 'into the heart' compilation....soon to be out on DVD

........this has been my random u2 bootleg story for the day........back to work for me....BLAH

u2rulesmyworld said:
TO Blueroom:

i dont see how any of this is your business unless you taped this show?

That was the same thing I was wondering about. Why do people complain who didn't even tape the recording? If the guy says he got permission what?s the problem?

Good Lord!

If trading wasn't screwed up enough as it is.
u2rulesmyworld I have a question for you alright ?
If a show is recorded and not shared what was the purpose in recording it ?

The purpose of trading is to let everyone share the experiences of these shows,some of em have special memories for some people.

I've run into so many jerks who dont want to share the show or they sell it for a lot of money which so many bands get pissed about and people wonder why people like Bruce Springsteen changed opinions about bootlegging.

My opinion is this.........take it as you will.
If someone offers a newly circulated or found show whether it be Nirvana,U2,Bruce etc then it should be free reign on it whoever wants it if you can work out a trade and get it circulated then more people can enjoy it.

u2rulesmyworld honestly mate after going through this on the la 87 dvd I do see your point but the fact is I mean I,ve come across a couple rare things and traded em openly actually I,ve asked here if anyone can maybe help me identify the mystery songs on the soundcheck on the 11/18/1989 cd I have.........I guess my attitude is just share and dont hoard.

bloodysunday972, there's a lot of reasons why people tape shows.

as far as this debate, from waht i've noticed i'll venture to say that both ultraviolet_j and u2rulesmyworld and buckman have devoted lots of their personal time to taping various kinds of tapes--for this they each deserve deep respect. and each apparently has his own agenda. maybe everyone doesn't understand this, but maybe if others spent lots of time and effort and cash taping and converting and collecting shows, others would understand this a little better.

for all the many shows in the public relm, there are many that aren't, and tehre's a lot of reasons for this; again, those accustomed to easy downloading may not understand this, but it's a reality.

soulrock2, thanks for the tip on the radiohead forum. there's lots of intersting things to be learned from those enlightening discussions.

Believe me I do hold a lot of respect to the tapers.......I have a few friends that are tapers but they release everything they tape,Im not flaming them in anyway I just feel strongly about sharing music that's all.

Rory said:

soulrock2, thanks for the tip on the radiohead forum. there's lots of intersting things to be learned from those enlightening discussions.

And the most important thing to be learned is what you already had written: each has his own agenda and this will always be the case. It's a neverending debate between those who hoard, those who share lossless and those who share lossy.

A general advice to people who don't like hoarding or 1:1 restrictions but want these kind of recordings: work hard behind scenes, have patience, and respect the taper's wishes. Make sure you?re not the person who leaks a hoarded or non-public server recording. That's the only way to eventually get some of the non-public server and hoarded recordings.

The bottom line is: you get what you give.

OK, I?ll get off my soap-box now.
Have a wonderful New Year?s Eve!

Sorry, but I'm not really looking for a VCD off a 4th gen VHS of DC 92. I mean........... seriously................... ??? :scratch:

For future reference, here are examples of good trade offers:

example #1
You: "I have 1st gen SVHS off the SVHS satellite feed master of Foxboro 97... I can put it to Dig8 for you. Would you like to trade."

Me: "Sure. I can send you the new Miami 12/2/01 mix on Dig8"

example #2
You: "A friend of mine filmed St. Louis 92. I can send you the master to borrow if you like."

Me: "Sounds good. I can offer you a bunch of ZooTV shows in return. All are from the oringal Sony 8mm masters that I borrowed and cloned directly to DV w/ firewire. Some of these include 3/9/92 Nassau Col, 3/18/92 Meadowlands, and 8/13/92 Giants Stadium."

example #3
You: "I have DV clones of a few Elevation shows. Would you like to trade?"

Me: "Sure. Attached is my list of DV from the Elevation tour."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are examples of bad trade offers:

example #1:
You: "I have DC 92 on VCD. Let me know if you want to trade."
Me: no response

You: "I would like to trade. Here is my DVD list."
Me: "I got hammered and filmed a bit of the Harlem Globetrotters' game last night from the lower bowl/ center court and will trade that if you wish but I would like to reserve this for rare trades only. The closeups of Showbiz are incredible!!!!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha, I probably shouldn't post this, but whatever.

Yeah, whatever. I guess that's why you and I don't trade. But, I'm perfectly fine with that and I'm sure you are too. It's also your attitude which keeps me from *wanting* to tape and trade. I've seriously thought about taping, but I've got friends who are in that 'inner circle' and I've heard too many horror stories about the shit that goes down in that circle. I want no part of it.

So, I'll stick with trading my "VCD off a 4th gen VHS of DC 92" for someone's unknown gen VCD of Miami 2001. :) This is a hobby for me and I like to keep it fun.

bloodysunday972 said:

u2rulesmyworld I have a question for you alright ?
If a show is recorded and not shared what was the purpose in recording it ?

u2rulesmyworld honestly mate after going through this on the la 87 dvd I do see your point but the fact is I mean I,ve come across a couple rare things and traded em openly actually I,ve asked here if anyone can maybe help me identify the mystery songs on the soundcheck on the 11/18/1989 cd I have.........I guess my attitude is just share and dont hoard.

I have always filmed shows with the intent that they be distributed and shared, but when i get something rare i use it to trade for other rare things.

An example of someone who doesnt feel the need to share:
i met a guy name corey after the 11/12/01 U2 show, i had just filmed the show and was talking with him and his gf in the parking lot, i whipped out the camcorder to show him what i had. (now think if the odds of this).... his response 'thats cool but check out the footage i shot!' and he whips out a camcorder and shows me 10 or 12 minutes of footage shot from GA right near the tip of the heart. Corey was following the band around on the 3rd leg, he attended 19 shows and took his cam into like 12. He ended up moving out to Cali early in 2002 and staying with me for a while, while he was with me we took all his fotage and created a compilation called 'into the heart'

if corey and i had never met he would have just kept that footage for himself to enjoy, he is not a trader nor does he care about 'sharing the wealth' he is just a fan who documented his u2 journey by shooting some footage.

I never traded out that footage on DVD, i shipped 10-12 copies on VHS and always only as a 'rare' trade or to a friend who i knew would appreciate it. I enjoyed the fact that Corey and I were the only 2 people who had DV quality of that footage and there is some footage that he shot that didnt make it into the compilation.

Well i recently gave the DV to brad (buckman) and he is going to create a nice DVD that will be shared. or will he? after all the crap that goes on i am not exactly sure why he should go to the effort? i mean really, we HAVE the DV we dont NEED to create DVD so a bunch of ingrate's can complain about how we choose to share it!

Honestly things spread soooo quickly now in trading circles, i dont get why people complain if they dont get something quickly. there is soooo much u2 content out there to trade for, so what if a few things are hoarded. Every once in a while someone slips up and lets something good out(like 11/18/87 on DVD)

People like buckman and i work long and hard to locate the best quality U2 stuff, it takes alot of effort to find people and convince them to give up their masters sometimes. unfortuneatly brad and i have a different standard that we trade to. we want quality in return for the quality we offer, we are not going to accept VCD, SVCD, generated VHS, Generated VHS transferred to DVD in return for something of a+ quality.

Here is my trade offer
i drive an 88 honda accord and i would like to trade it for a 2004 porsche, any takers? better yet someone just gimme gimme gimme a porsche

Back
Top Bottom