Need Help with copying VCD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kellyahern

Blue Crack Supplier
8 years and I still can't think of anything witty
I have attempted to copy my VCDs using several programs: roxio disc copier, nero, and easy VCD creator, and I keep encountering the same problem.

Even when I copy at the lowest speed available from these programs, 4x, when I play the disc back it pauses every other second.

I have Windows XP as my operating system and my CDRW/DVD driver is a samsung. When I copy the VCD files to a temporary folder, then insert a blank disc and write the files to the disc, I am able to play it back fine in my pc - but this is only copying the data file and does not make a true "VCD" that will be playable on a stand alone DVD player.

Has anyone had similar problems or know a way to fix this? I can't find an answer from the tech support pages for these programs.

kellyahern said:
IWhen I copy the VCD files to a temporary folder, then insert a blank disc and write the files to the disc, I am able to play it back fine in my pc - but this is only copying the data file and does not make a true "VCD" that will be playable on a stand alone DVD player.

I have a Mac, so I can't give you advice on your hardware. However, you should not drag/copy the VCD to your hard drive. You need to make a disc image. Then you double click on the disc image, it opens the correct program and then you insert the blank disc and copy.

For me, on my Mac, I open Toast, click on Copy, go to File/Save As Disc Image, it takes a few minutes, then I double click, it opens the Toast window with the correct format already set and I click record after inserting a blank disc. I've never had problems doing it this way.

Re: Re: Need Help with copying VCD

U2Lynne said:

For me, on my Mac, I open Toast, click on Copy, go to File/Save As Disc Image, it takes a few minutes, then I double click, it opens the Toast window with the correct format already set and I click record after inserting a blank disc. I've never had problems doing it this way.

Thank you :), that's basically what I've been doing using the roxio and nero programs, but the end result is a vcd that pauses every other second. I think it may have something to do with the buffering or my pc/driver/ or Windows XP.

I've looked under the "help" options, and they suggest defragmenting my pc, which I did, but that still doesn't work :(

I'm so frustrated :banghead: I think I'm going to throw in the towel and go back to requesting b & p :reject: I'm sorry.

I know for sure that I can copy audio boots though, I have a stand alone CD copier and have done that lots of times if anyone is interested :)

I should have bought a mac :grumpy:

Thank you for your help though :yes:

Thanks erised :hug: I hope if I still don't figure it out I can send you some b & ps for some of the TV gigs when you get your new computer :) Those stills you posted in PLEBA look so good :yes:

Either that or I'll have to come up with some better Halloween photoshops :lol: :wave:

Last edited:
kellyahern we should discuss a possible trade :) I'd be more than happy to do a b&p for you for now. pm me if you're interested.

As for your vcd copying problem....no clue how to help. :shrug: Sorry. I have XP and I just use the standard program that came with my computer to burn stuff. I've only had a few problems but it's never been with vcd's.

Back
Top Bottom