MERGED --> Bono Shades Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a cheap pair of Bono shades from eBay and they look alright except they are kind of Lopsided so I have to bend them a bit sometimes LOL. But for $15.00 CDN I can't complain!

Here's a pic I took this evening wearing them. My camera is messed up and I couldn't get anymore, sorry.
armani002.jpg

thanks brad! glasses are totally rocking but i cant see spending alot of $$$ to have that logo on there..it really bothers me..how about you??

thebadger said:
thanks brad! glasses are totally rocking but i cant see spending alot of $$$ to have that logo on there..it really bothers me..how about you??

Wow. They really are the Live 8's. They just look amazing. Except for that blasted logo. I can't tell you what an eye sore that absurd label is. What on earth were they thinking?

Thanks for posting the photos!

Yeah, the logo totally sucks.......I have noticed that you can barely see it unless youre in alot of sunlight. Because these glasses are faded and alot darker at the top, it isn't as noticeable as it might be on the colors with a non-faded lense. Bottom line though is the logo sucks and I'm sure not too long from now I'm going to attempt to remove it.:huh:

Guess its painted, so if we're lucky we can remove it somehow. That red logo really sucka...

Let us know if U find a way 2 take it off.... also, if anybody has any suggestions on how 2 safely do so, please share them...

Good lord - how this crappy logo sucks! One has to be grateful they didn't call this campaign BRIGHT ORANGE. Imagine what this had done to those sunnies.

Anyway, Brad, I am jealous....very jealous.

I used nail polish remover a couple of times to get rid of the word TESTER on perfume bottles, and it does the perfect job! I don't know what nail polish remover does to those lenses, though. Especially when they are mirrored.

So I am not saying: use it right away. But it might well be worth a try on some cheaper sunnies, first.

Or use it on a perfume bottle, yourself, so you can see what I mean.

FYI, for anyone who ordered from Ottica Look, I received an e-mail from them stating there was virtually no chance any orders would be processed before April 15.

-just back from new york city...
several stores had the armanis in the faded grey in stock/no red label for 160.00
i own these and think they cool as hell
just wanted to let you guys know

thebadger said:
-just back from new york city...
several stores had the armanis in the faded grey in stock/no red label for 160.00
i own these and think they cool as hell
just wanted to let you guys know

Care 2 mention WHICH stores were carrying them? Thanx.

Look here, U can c a picture of Bono wearing the Rose-Tinted shades with the RED logo on them. It don't look so bad on these. I might switch...

The logo is actually very hard to see on the green ones since the lense is dark at the top.....it's only really noticeable when you're in alot of sunlight. I'm starting to mind it less and less on my pair.

arturogas said:
What a Picture but........wooooo

that's not the actuall product that all are expecting !!!

Bono wore the 9285 with the red logo in other color that pink??

Anyone have a picture???

This is the whole point. It's not just that the RED logo is an eyesore - and it is - but the fact that giarre, and ottica, etc. put up the product for sale in January 1) with no mention that there would be the logo on there (and in fact pictured it for sale without it) and 2) that it wouldn't be available for three months. Really annoying and misleading.

there are a few lucky guys who purchased without the logo (Badger for example) and there are a lot who don't (myself included) I think that neother otticalook or giarre knows about the red campaign and Armani stop all the request orders until it get's printed with the logo

But 2 months to print an ugly logo and launch all the campaign?

Or maybe bono wants to have an exclusive shades??

I know, they couldn't of just stamped the little red eagle, they had to add those huge parentheses.........it's kinda ironic because before these even came out, people were worried that Emporio Armani was going to put that big eagle logo in an awkward spot on the frames, little did we know this huge red stamp was going to grace all of the lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom