MERGED --> Bono Shades Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AntonCorbijn said:
I got the new Armanis today! A friend of mine brought them with her directly from Italy. It seems that they are in the shops a bit earlier, there.

They are the KJ1/95. As you can see they have no gradient lenses. They are dark grey. Almost black. The temples are a bit more shiny than I expected, but none the less these sunnies are absolutely fantastic.

Hey Anton unless Im wrong the glasses you bought are not the ones Bono is wearing in the picture where he is holding the camera with Edge.

Those ones are actually the EA 9285/S color 3YGQ0 and they are ultra-rare (have a pair of these and the original rose, both w/o the (red) label)

I had tried on the ones you got in but knew from seeing B up close several times on tour that they were not quite right. THey don't go dark black in bright stage lighting really. The ones in that picture you showed actually are dark green lenses and look almost black. They are the ones he wore during the Love and Peace or Else thru SBS/Bullet segment. He also wore the lighter greens but mostly the darker ones.

Here they are (speaking of which, these shots were from Mexico City last week, how come I didnt see ya?? ;))

outdoors at Plaza Mayor downtown Mexico City

UVMexico1.gif

and in artificial lighting in Veracruz (inside a club with stage lighting)

UVMexico3.gif

:)

thebadger said:
ill post a pict later on -anybody who received the green faded armanis--are they mirrored green? are they darker then the flash from the camera shows??i want to buy these, but want to make sure they are not dark green
thanks

Just so ya know, there are two green 9285 models. One is special edition and is the one he wore mostly on the Vertigo tour, the other is the faded greens that he wore for Live 8 and public appearances. He did wear the faded greens sometimes in other countries but for the North American shows I went to (like 18 or so) it was mostly the dark green ones I have pictured above.

:)

Here's how the original rose ones look onstage (on someone other than Bono, I mean LOL):

stpats200624.jpg

stpats200629.jpg

thanks for the info gabrielvox...i own the dark green/brown armanis(3ygqo)without the red logo, they are my least favorite.theres a pair on ebay now under armani 9285
i just got the bvlgari 549 dark green-these are hot but very very dark like the armanis

thebadger said:
thanks for the info gabrielvox...i own the dark green/brown armanis(3ygqo)without the red logo, they are my least favorite.theres a pair on ebay now under armani 9285
i just got the bvlgari 549 dark green-these are hot but very very dark like the armanis

Those new Bvlgari's 549 (green) are dark - ie can't really your eyes through the lenses? Hmmm. So, they're really not the true RRHOF shades, eh?

thebadger said:
soundmercury-here they are: they are not the true rrhof..green, but not like the B man's

rrhof.jpg

Thanks for posting that. I'm surprised. It made it sound like those were the real RRHOF ones and clearly they're not. That said, they do look good.

i was disapointed when i got them,i was expecting a yellowish green. but i do like they way they look so i decided to keep them..thanks soundmercury

thebadger said:
i own the dark green/brown armanis(3ygqo) they are my least favorite...

Ha! Different strokes for different folks, I guess. They are definately my favorite glasses right now, for on the street wear and to clubs and such. My second fave being the DG H50. I like dark lenses, I guess. The gold rims are 'money' (as edgy says lol) Whereever I wear them people go nuts over them wear as the rose ones noone really comments on....except at our shows, of course, so for stage wear yes the rose are the best...not a big fan of the green fadeaway 9285 really..then again I think the DG he wore with the 'dollar store' cheap purple flash suck too lol

i tend to like to wear the rose to start the show and the 3YgQO to end when Im least wanting people to look at me
:lol:

:wink:

EDIT: YO! didnt you use to have long Bono-hair?!?! :shame: :wink:

Last edited:
thebadger said:
i was disapointed when i got them,i was expecting a yellowish green. but i do like they way they look so i decided to keep them..thanks soundmercury

bleah sorry I guess I have it good getting to try them on before taking them.. I tried those on and was like yuck - the stock 549s have got to be some of the drabbest sunglasses Bvlgari has made in a while

In that Bulgari 549 the only colors I like, of course, are the ones you cant get

damn Bono and his custom lenses :mad:

Last edited:
gabrielvox--
yes i cut my hair 2 weeks ago
and yes, damn bono and his custom lenses
but i do love my 549 in faded grey/kinda purple in the right lighting though...

At last! My clear violet DGs arrived! And on Wendesday giarre.com shipped my green Armanis :D

Sooo, Gabriel! Are you gonna cut your hair too? :)

LOL! In the next hour the green Armanis arrived too! 2 shades / day!
Fok! Now which should I wear now? :D

mr lemon- can we see a pict of the clear DG?-what model # are they???
my GREENIES arrived today also-they look awesome!! -my ne wfavorite pair!

hey guys, i need your opinion-the glasses have the model # for the greenies, they look green-but not as green as some i have seen...am i nuts?-or maybe i got a pair of what bono's been seen with lately-lol??
greenies.jpg

Mr_LeMon said:

Sooo, Gabriel! Are you gonna cut your hair too? :)

Contemplating it....not a radical move for me, I had my hair cut like that for all of the 90s, at least 10 years...it was in 2001 I started to grow it back out..

But now everyone is used to it being longer, and so am I...so.....

I think I'll wait to see if he takes the stage with it like that, that will be my green light..lol..I think in all likelihood he won't cut it again, he'll just let it grow back out and by November it will be back to the length it was when ATYCLB came out - that's my bet anyhow..

Badger - lighting lighting lighting lol - I would imagine those are pretty close and the differences you are percieving are just because of lighting.....PS are you in a tribute band? Or did I ask you that already?

i hear what you're saying gabrielvox, but you i'm sure know how o.c.d. we can get over glasses..lol
no, im not in a tribute band

thebadger said:
mr lemon- can we see a pict of the clear DG?-what model # are they???

Those were the first DG I had, but I took them back, again I have weird tastes lol...I got the flash green/brown ones instead, they looked way better to me...guess I didnt like any of the violet/purple in that series..

These are likely the same ones on the cover of In Conversation, however I can tell you that in stage lighting/flash photography the flash/green/brown ones look tan/see thru as well, and photograph very nicely :)

I have some others of these and the H50s (someone PMd me but I have to dig them up) but this pic gives you an idea...there are some others I have where they look even more transparent...yet in daylight they are heavy flash....pretty cool change if ya ask me ;)

menbonoS.jpg

:wink:

G

i love the faded grey, rose and nw the green armanis...i hear the blue avo smoke are hot but have not seen them in person. gabriel loves the dark brown/green, i own these but never wear them. different flavors for different tastes

thebadger said:
hey guys, i need your opinion-the glasses have the model # for the greenies, they look green-but not as green as some i have seen...am i nuts?-or maybe i got a pair of what bono's been seen with lately-lol??
greenies.jpg

Those r the fade-green ones. They almost look brown in some lights, or so I've heard. But the Solid, Dark-green ones that Bono has now have NOT been put up 4 sale. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom