MERGED --> Bono Shades Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the new Armanis today! A friend of mine brought them with her directly from Italy. It seems that they are in the shops a bit earlier, there.

They are the KJ1/95. As you can see they have no gradient lenses. They are dark grey. Almost black. The temples are a bit more shiny than I expected, but none the less these sunnies are absolutely fantastic.

Everybody who ordered will be completely satisfied.

I believe the pics give you a good impression.

They are my first pair of Bono shades, the Black Flys #5 I also own don't really count for me, cause I had a pair of those years before Bono did...

Compared to the Black Flys, the new Armanis are extremely lightweight. They are also very wide. At first I feared they could be a bit too wide for my head, but once I had the earpieces adjusted they are OK.

One thing, though: The RED logo clearly has to go! I will follow brad's advice and use the Magic Eraser to remove it. I wanted to use nail polish remover at first, but I am a bit concerned that it might damage the mirrored finish.

Once this infamous thing is off, I will post again.

bonoedgemiami0lg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
ea10vz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
ea26eh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
ea31go.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
ea42oz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks Thomas. They look even better now that the awkward eagle has gone.

Thank you so much Brad, for having the right idea: the magic erasers REALLY work. The logo is gone without a slightest trace and there's no scratch whatsoever on the lenses.

Don't be scared to use a little pressure and be patient cause it takes some time until you see some progress.

But the result is ABSOLUTELY CONVINCING.

Once again: thanks Brad...

gone1uj.jpg

Arturogas, don't be sad. If you want those erasers you should check ebay. There are 4packs for 5.00 bucks. It shouldn't cost you a fortune to have them sent to Mexico. I hope this cheers you up a little...

sorrry disciple there is something wrong with my server until wed...i promise to get back to you unless you have aol or yahoo im....

Okay, no rush, badger, I don't have either.

Just wanted 2 make sure U hadn't fallen off the face of the planet. ;)

I received my Pink armanis today :drool: !

The RED logo is not really a bother since it's red on pink. You can see it, but doesn't look awful, especially compared to the green ones !

Moonwalker_13 said:

The RED logo is not really a bother since it's red on pink. You can see it, but doesn't look awful, especially compared to the green ones !

Ottica Look just e-mailed saying my green Armani's have just been shipped. Three months plus of waiting is, mercifully, coming to an end. After all this, not sure if I should wear the shades or bronze them to commemorate finally obtaining them! LOL.

Cheers!

thebadger said:
i just got my bvlgari rrhof green lenses...pretty killer
but now i want to green faded armanis!!

Congrats. I'd love to see the RRHOF green/yellow Bvlgari's -- could you post a picture of those w/ you wearing them?

Thanks.

ill post a pict later on -anybody who received the green faded armanis--are they mirrored green? are they darker then the flash from the camera shows??i want to buy these, but want to make sure they are not dark green
thanks

Hey Badger, they aren't very dark at all.........they range anywhere from an olive green in low light, to the same color as those rrhof bulgaris you just bought. They aren't mirrored either. These glasses are very cool looking and look great in any kind of light. Hope this helps.
P.S. Don't forget to get some magic eraser too

I recommend unitedshades.com, that's where I ordered my Bono's A&G and Miu Miu from. They ship fast with fedex and they don't charge tax or custom duties for US and Canada orders. Plus you get a 5% discount on everything or even a bigger discount if you buy two or more pairs. They are out of the green 9285 right now, but they should have them in stock soon.

Moonwalker_13 said:

For whatever it's worth, I got my green EA's today (from Ottica Look) -- I didn't even bother putting them on until I'd used the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser & taken the RED eyesore off -- which I did and yes this stuff works great. Just be patient, it takes a good 5 minutes of gentle scrubbing, but no scratches or anything is left behind. These are gorgeous shades by the way and green is a really great color for these. Only one thing. Just so everyone knows, the frames are on the large side. If you have kind of a small face/head, etc. they potentially could dwarf you a bit, IMO.

thebadger said:
soundmercury- when and where did you order your greenies from?

I ordered from Ottica Look on 1/25/06. Almost 3 months. That said, they were very responsive throughout and followed through on delivery, etc. Other than the wait, a very good experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom