Los Ageles Dalton Brothers 1987

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oscar08

The Fly
Hi All,

I have a copy of U2 and the Dalton Brothers on video Pro-shot. Quality is great. I m going to transfer this segment onto DVD. If anyone is intrested for a trade let me know.

Cheers
:wink:

can you explain what is it exactly...
i mean of a segment, but i would like to be sure it is not the same...
is it possible to describe and/or screenshot?

I'm absolutely interested in this one!

Methinks we'll be trading again in future!

What kind of quality? Is it the Nov 18, 1987 show? Ummmm??? How long is it (Is it their whole set?) NTSC/PAL?

Last edited:
U2 L.A. Memorial Coliseum 1989 Dalton Brothers

Hi All

It's the L.A U2 L.A. Memorial Coliseum show from Los Angeles, CA; USA Date: 18 Nov 1987
The dvd version does not have U2 doing the Dalton Brothers. It's actually very funny. Now it goes for about 15-20 minutes I will check tonight, I will also check the quality tonight, and capture a screen shot for you all. I have not seen this on any of dvd's of LA Circulating.

Cheers

Last edited:
Re: U2 L.A. Memorial Coliseum 1989 Dalton Brothers

oscar08 said:
Hi All

It's the L.A U2 L.A. Memorial Coliseum show from Los Angeles, CA; USA Date: 18 Nov 1987
The dvd version does not have U2 doing the Dalton Brothers. It's actually very funny. Now it goes for about 15-20 minutes I will check tonight, I will also check the quality tonight, and capture a screen shot for you all. I have not seen this on any of dvd's of LA Circulating.

Cheers

Oscar08: please contact me at u2_rules_my_world at yahoo dot com

HeY Oscar,

Very Interested in the DALTON BROTHERS Part
It should be about 2 songs with U2 in cowboy clothes.
Im very interestedin that part only But I will take
it if its on the Whole Show Too.
I have the LA87 Proshot (like Most of us do!)

Please Contact me as I have alot of Shows to Offer

Contact me Here Please

gottahavitdvds(at)yahoo(dot)com

THanks MIKE

ultraviolet_j said:
Judging by the posts here, it looks like another rarity is about to surface.

maybe, maybe not, i have not seen screen caps or any other proof he has this, over the last few years i have seen several claims by people that they have this footage.

But the only people I know that for sure have it are myself and the person i gave it to.

Oscar08: please post screen caps and contact me if you in fact have this. and please refrain from trading this until we have spoken.

my email is u2_rules_my_world at Yahoo dot Com

u2rulesmyworld said:

maybe, maybe not, i have not seen screen caps or any other proof he has this, over the last few years i have seen several claims by people that they have this footage.

But the only people I know that for sure have it are myself and the person i gave it to.

Oscar08: please post screen caps and contact me if you in fact have this. and please refrain from trading this until we have spoken.

my email is u2_rules_my_world at Yahoo dot Com

Now THIS is funny. Why should he refrain Mike? Because you want to keep on hoarding it? I hope its all over the place because you deserve a taste of your own medicine. Sucks doesnt it!?

I have to agree with Wolverine. This is quite funny. It would be a shame if someone other than u2rulesmyworld and Chrisedge had a copy (as if they're really the only 2 to have it in the first place). It's funny how some people try to have it both ways . . . .

U2Lynne, you have to be kidding, I don't think that's their reason (although of course I can't know for sure what their motivations are), if it was I think they'd have "put out" their high quality version by now.

U2Lynne said:
Maybe because he would rather put out the best quality version rather than have Oscar put out a poorer quality version?

Oh come on, they got this thing the same time they got the actual LA 87 show and converted it to DVD at the same time. Acres has bragged about having it since that time. What better version are they waiting for? Its quite obvious they are holding it, which I dont have problem with, but considering who is doing the holding, it is rather hypocritical. On second thought maybe they are waiting to put it up for sale for $1000 a pop like last time! LOL Now THAT wouldnt shock me!!

I dont know if this is legit though. If it is, there will be some poetic justice going on here.

I laugh at all the assumptions being made in this thread. I won't comment on anything specific, but some people who think they know things are completely wrong. On several points.

So called "experts"

Schei?e!!!!

Yeesh all it takes is one or two posts and look what happens :/

Well my opinion about this is that if this guy does in fact have a copy and wants to put it out there let em..............the only down part about it is always Ebay :/

Certain recordings are always gonna be in the small trading circles but I think if this 1 does get released out there for everyone to enjoy I think itll be a big release.

Anyway I guess im blabbing. :p

Screen Captures Of The Dalton Brothers LA 1987

Hi All,

As promised here is a screen captures of U2 doing the Dalton Brother from the 1987 LA show. Quality isn't the best, but still very watchable: If you want anymore please pm me.

Cheers
Oscar08

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Rory said:
I have to agree with Wolverine. This is quite funny. It would be a shame if someone other than u2rulesmyworld and Chrisedge had a copy (as if they're really the only 2 to have it in the first place). It's funny how some people try to have it both ways . . . .

U2Lynne, you have to be kidding, I don't think that's their reason (although of course I can't know for sure what their motivations are), if it was I think they'd have "put out" their high quality version by now.

Is this the same u2rulesmyworld and chris edge who have (amongst others) just released THE best audience shot DVD for people like myself to download, and an amazingly good quality popmart mexico.....yeah, selfish bast*rds. Come on guys not everyone can have everything, and as a matter of fact i do think that u2lynne was spot on with her assumption. This argument rears its ugly head everytime something surfaces, dont ya think its FUN to have holy grails surfacing just when you least expect em!!!

oscar08 sent me the screencaps, here they are.

dalton01.jpg

dalton02.jpg

dalton03.jpg

The caps were sized 720 x 576...leads me to believe might be sourced from a PAL version of the show.

Unanswered hypothetical from another thread:

Here's a good hypothetical: person A purchases a "rare" show for $1000, but gets it converted to DVD and to recoup his costs sells it to a few people for a few hundred dollars each. Person B claims to despise selling, but agrees to convert the "rare" show to DVD for person A. Is person B complicit in the selling (which he claims to despise) and acting as an accessory?

Dalton brothers footage

Rory,

I m not selling this show. It's only for trade. I don't make money out of selling U2 material. I don't sell U2 cd's or videos or dvd's. If anyone is intresting in trading for this show e-mail me on sambarres@yahoo.com.au. The show is in PAL Format, and I have yet to transfer it to DVD.

Cheers
Oscar08:wink:

Last edited:
Rory, why not talk about the 3 people happy to pay for the show? It's not like it was hoard out on ebay by person A. 3 people were happy to pay for it, and then one of them broke their word on holding it.

STFU about things you don't know about, or were not involved in. There was more involved than what you describe so, unless you were one of the parties involved, butt out

Edited to add: Or talk about the person probably involved with the band or video crew, happy to sell a SVHS copy for $1000. That's OK? There are more people involved in a transaction (including the 1000's of people that have it/downloaded it for FREE, YES that was thought of before anything was done with it) when something is bought and sold.

Last edited:
Chrisedge, that's a curious response: full of anger, hatred, masked expletives and orders. Did something I say hit a nerve?

You question why I'm not talking about the 3 people "happy" to pay for the show? That's not what we're talking about in this thread though. Nice try to deflect the conversation. Anyways for the price they paid so "happily" the Dalton footage wasn't even included? How generous!

But my hypothetical still goes unanswered.

Wasn't this asked in the "how often do new u2 shows surface thread"? My how fascinating. More dirty laundry is being aired. Who has the bigger and browner skid mark?

That's terrible that out of 3 people, one person couldn't hold on to it. What made that person break the promise? I'm curious about what he got in return (a trade? Some great head? Gave it away to a few friends without anything in return?)

Sounds almost like an episode in the Smashing Pumpkins world. There were a few rare soundboards taped by a guy who basically developed good relations with Billy Corgan and had his blessing + was granted board access for quite a few year 2000 shows. A majority of them were hoarded, but didn't sound as tight as the German ones. After all this time, I now see at least two of the sources on STG. When you hoard something and when someone in the circle makes a few exceptions and casually passes something out, it will just be a matter of time.

So whatever happened to the person who sold the SVHS of the U2 1987 shows? Was he connected to the band's camp or part of it? Does the band know this happened and has this man been terminated if employed in the camp?

Back
Top Bottom