Los Ageles Dalton Brothers 1987

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rory, if anyone cared they would have answered. You obviously think "Person B" is as guilty as "Person A". Great, thanks for your thoughts. Once again, you don't know the whole story, and most people don't, so think what you want.

And if you were offered something (JTLA) for a certain amount of money, and you agree, you shouldn't bitch later if you think you should have got "more" (Dalton Bros) for your money.

I offered to trade Oscar for his footage BTW, the point of this thread.

Hey Chrisedge,

Dont sweat the Small stuff.
Most of us here are just trying to Share the Music !!

If you think about it in 20yrs all this BS will not matter :)

Rock On
MIKE

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88754&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

You can read between the lines on this thread and get the gist of it. It has to do with selling for exorbitant amounts, getting on others for hoarding, and then that same person hoards things themselves. Hypocrisy at its best. I think again some people on here are jumping to conclusions about who is being talked about and the perspective much like that thread. I think most of the negativity is at one person, and they only posted once on this thread.

oscar, none of the negativity is being directed at you, so dont worry about it. Good luck with your trading.

I dont think this whole deal needs to be rehashed either, but I do think someone is getting their due with this situation.

Last edited:
there does seem to be hyprocisy galore (and this is NOT directed at Oscar; i too wish him well in his trading): selling shows for oodles of money, torrenting X to be a hero to the masses while meanwhile hoarding Y. don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with not tradign somtehing, but teh flipflopping is quite telling.

in fairness to chrisedge i for one will admit i don't know the whole story. to set the record set, it would be cool if someone in teh know could share it.

Last edited:
Look, I've always liked sharing shows I can. If someone trades/gives/whatever something to me with rules, I have always respected that. It's not just one thing, it's many things that I don't talk about, aren't on my list, or as for "other rare trades for" (I hate that, as most of you know)

You can only share so much, I haven't shared MANY things I have, whether or not they have any stipulations attached, so it's not flip flopping, it's simply not sharing what I have been told not to trade. There are folks on this list that have recently sent me things "Not for trade". No problem, you won't even know I have them.

As far as sharing the whole story, 90% of the story is out there, it's the other 10% that is people's true feelings and original thoughts on the whole matter, that really only matter to them, because if they were told, most folks wouldn't believe them, or simply think they were lying. So to want the whole story would burst many bubbles and just start more of a flame war than ever.

Last edited:
Hmmm some comments from that thread edited out so the whole picture is more clearer but still a bit blurry.

Bottom line is that putting "rare trades" "rare swop" or worst "no swop absolutely" on a list will end up causing more trouble than good. Same thing goes to certain people for putting everything that have on the list and then saying "not everything on this list is for trade", in hopes of attracting potential bait.

You might find someone with something that might have something equivalent, but then what? Can that person be trusted?

Pooka said:
Bottom line is that putting "rare trades" "rare swop" or worst "no swop absolutely" on a list will end up causing more trouble than good. Same thing goes to certain people for putting everything that have on the list and then saying "not everything on this list is for trade", in hopes of attracting potential bait.

Exactly my point. I never bragged or showed off, what I can't trade.

The trust issue will always be a big issue. That's why I think the best trading relationships cultivate over time (lots of time), and why some people prefer trading with other people whose stakes are the same (for instance, two tapers who each don't want their tape torrented).

I too am not privvy to the details of the LA '87 episode, but it sounds as if part of the issue may have arisen from different people having different conceptions of "rare" trading. I believe a person should keep their word (even if they fork over hundreds of dollars for a tape as well) because the whole system falls into chaos when people don't keep their words. But it would seem (and again, I don't know all the facts) that selling or trading a "rare" show to someone you don't know much about, with conditions attached, could be a recipe for disaster. A lot of people get their hands on something they think is "rare" and think this is their big chance to score bigtime, not realizing the opposite often happens. Too many people are in such a hurry to get everything, NOW, that they tend to lose sight of the big picture.

As many other wiser people have said, trading IS sharing, and it's incorrect to conclude that someone who doesn't want their tapes torrented is anti-sharing.

Pooka said:
-----------

You might find someone with something that might have something equivalent, but then what? Can that person be trusted?

This is well-said, and I agree wholeheartedly. Listing "rare swops" both frustrates and angers those whom the "rare swopper" refuses to trade with, and also lures con artists and people lacking integrity. What happens when you trade your "rare swop" to some guy who trades it with 20 people or worse yet torrents both his and your "rare swop"? Sure, all the downloaders are thrilled, but it ultimately causes more harm than good, as other uncirculated shows get pushed further into people's closets.

i think a lot of it comes down to pateince and repsect, and trying to think of wehre the other guy is comign from. people accustomed to downloading will probably continue to want everything and want it now, and this attitude will probably continue to cause rifts.

if people kept their word, and everyone moved towards taper-seeded torrents rather than the 3dr party torrents, some of the problems would diminish i think.

on another more positive note, how many people who have just downloaded in the past are going to go otu and tape on the next tour?

Hey U2 rules my world,
Could you please give me a private email as I want to talk
about an Idea I have reguarding a possible New relaese for the all of us !!
Please email me Here :)
gottahavitdvds(at)yahoo(dot)com

Regards
MIKE

U2Lynne said:
Maybe because he would rather put out the best quality version rather than have Oscar put out a poorer quality version?

Well the footage is pretty good (although short) and its officially circulating. So is this "worse" than Mike's version or equivalent? I'm assuming he has seen it by now...

:scratch:

Back
Top Bottom